COLD DARK ROOM

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Tamara's mom thought she was going to lose a leg, but they were able to get good circulation with a stent.
They tried to save my mom's toes but that failed so she lost the broken toe and the one beside it. It was caught before anything else became threatened. Her crazy blood sugar levels were the biggest issue.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome to the 'male torts with female names' club.:)
Although, I always thought Julio was the male version of Julia - shows what I know!
Julio was named after a Puerto Rican friend of mine that has a head and neck that looks like a Turtle to me.
No chin and sloping shoulders....

Bambam1989

East Texas
So so sorry to hear about your mom!
Poor mama. Is she in good spirits?

Hmmm, that’s a tough one about the job! Has he signed a contract?

Great news about your daughter! It’s nice to have support from the school.
She was fine once they let her out of the hospital. Gets to rock a stylish walker until she is healed up .. she acts like it's a bumper car.
No formal contract has been signed because of the lack of an official start date.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I love food too.. especially my own cooking!
I walk/jog 2 miles a day but can't loose weight. I'm about 60lbs overweight[emoji33]
Stress has a LOT to do with it. Stick with the daily walk/jog, and just realize you may not notice much difference in the mirror or on the scale until your cortisol levels start coming down again... which WILL happen. Gosh, you've had a lot going on! Once you're past the holidays (stressful even in the best of years!) and the job and new location are settled, your stress levels have to decrease soon after that. It's the uncertainty and unknown that drives us crazy. Once you know what you're dealing with, you really are halfway to figuring out how to work with what you've got. It's late, so I hope I'm still making sense.

Remember we're here in the CDR if you ever want to vent, need a distraction, or just feel like dropping by and lurk for a while.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Stress has a LOT to do with it. Stick with the daily walk/jog, and just realize you may not notice much difference in the mirror or on the scale until your cortisol levels start coming down again... which WILL happen. Gosh, you've had a lot going on! Once you're past the holidays (stressful even in the best of years!) and the job and new location are settled, your stress levels have to decrease soon after that. It's the uncertainty and unknown that drives us crazy. Once you know what you're dealing with, you really are halfway to figuring out how to work with what you've got. It's late, so I hope I'm still making sense.

Remember we're here in the CDR if you ever want to vent, need a distraction, or just feel like dropping by and lurk for a while.
Thanks. I've got a "go with the flow" attitude most of the time (unless someone directly bothers me, then I tend to explode) but when my husband becomes stressed (which is ALOT lately) I get stressed. I call it sympathy stress.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Thanks. I've got a "go with the flow" attitude most of the time (unless someone directly bothers me, then I tend to explode) but when my husband becomes stressed (which is ALOT lately) I get stressed. I call it sympathy stress.
I understand completely. Sympathy stress is the worst kind, because there's usually so little you can do about it. That's what friends are for. :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good Evening All

Very blustery cold day, but we had to make a few errands so we did venture outside. During our minor road trip we managed to see a beaver, yes a beaver, a Blue Heron, two dead deer, a handfull of vultures sitting on the ground eyeing up some road kill, a big Hawk swooping away with road kill, and four doe. You wouldn’t think we are just 25 miles or so from the White House.

Old Father Klaus and his brother Kris are almost done....today - some painting. A few more steps need to be finished off, then finish and mount to a base.

View attachment 258387 View attachment 258388 View attachment 258389

Mark,
How are you selling them?
I would love to buy from you!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ok now.
Had a few weeks that were just crazy. It's always amazing how things don't go as planned.
Had to fly down to my parents in Texas after my mom got put in the hospital. She had developed septicemia and had to have two of her toes amputated. This happened because she stubbed her toe, broke it in three places, and is a diabetic and didn't know it.
Clunker has been living in bliss in his new enclosure. He has even become more tolerant of hubby!
We had the yearly conference with my daughter's school and she has been doing excellent (last year she fell way behind on her work because she was being lazy)
Hubby had decided to go for the job in Montana but the company said they were trying to fill a couple more positions before they gave a date for him to start... And now we haven't heard back from them. I think hubby should call them to see what's going on, but he feels like that would make him a nag.
I missed the calendar competition! Ugh, that was while I was in Texas. Oh well- I'll just wait till next year.

How is everyone else doing? Tell me all about it[emoji217]
Wow. That is a lot on your plate. I hope your Mom is okay. I would also call the company to find out what was going on. But then that is me...ms. impatient. I had wondered why Clunker was not in the entries. I know there was a photo that you said you were keeping for the calendar contest. Can you share it with us now? And well done on your daughter doing so well at school this year.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That’s a great reason to lose weight!!

I’ve been trying but it’s so hard!!
I love food!!
I know. I have as well. I have been eating lots of salads and veggies etc. A healthy diet and it feels like I am just putting on weight. I am seriously considering going back to living on the pain killers and vaping just so that I can lose the weight again. I lost so much weight while on them and have almost tripled the weight back on after stopping. It is very frustrating.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Evening All

Very blustery cold day, but we had to make a few errands so we did venture outside. During our minor road trip we managed to see a beaver, yes a beaver, a Blue Heron, two dead deer, a handfull of vultures sitting on the ground eyeing up some road kill, a big Hawk swooping away with road kill, and four doe. You wouldn’t think we are just 25 miles or so from the White House.

Old Father Klaus and his brother Kris are almost done....today - some painting. A few more steps need to be finished off, then finish and mount to a base.

View attachment 258387 View attachment 258388 View attachment 258389
I love them. They are just so cool.