COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Pixie will keep asking for someone to turn on the kitchen faucet. It's a faucet with a lever, so this has been a standing order in my house for several years:
DON'T ANYONE teach Pixie to turn on the faucet!

So if Pixie can't get someone to drip the tap so she can play with the water in the sink, she plays with the big stainless steel pet fountain on the kitchen floor. She's the one who figured out that if you use your paw to block one of the places where water comes out, it comes out with greater force through the other openings.
Pixie is smart.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning!
@Bambam1989 it’s good to hear from you. I’ll have some prayers out for your mother & your hubby. ( & you too of course for having to deal with it) wishing you strong drinks and good jokes:) cheers on daughters that make us proud! And I second the idea that we need to see what was going to be clunkers photo entry..
@CarolM Don’t give up on the weight challenge. You have so much to be proud of. You just have to find what works for you. Because it’s sure not the same for everyone. I was smoke free for one yr yesterday after 20 yrs of chain smoking. I also went on a diet the same day I quit smoking and lost 40 lbs in about 7 months. Unfortunately I’ve gained 10 of it back now.. I also love to eat:)
@Momof4 Kathy, I got the coolest card in the mail yesterday! It was a lovely Christmas card and really brightened up my afternoon! Thank you very much!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning!
@Bambam1989 it’s good to hear from you. I’ll have some prayers out for your mother & your hubby. ( & you too of course for having to deal with it) wishing you strong drinks and good jokes:) cheers on daughters that make us proud! And I second the idea that we need to see what was going to be clunkers photo entry..
@CarolM Don’t give up on the weight challenge. You have so much to be proud of. You just have to find what works for you. Because it’s sure not the same for everyone. I was smoke free for one yr yesterday after 20 yrs of chain smoking. I also went on a diet the same day I quit smoking and lost 40 lbs in about 7 months. Unfortunately I’ve gained 10 of it back now.. I also love to eat:)
@Momof4 Kathy, I got the coolest card in the mail yesterday! It was a lovely Christmas card and really brightened up my afternoon! Thank you very much!!
Aaah. Thank you. And congratulations on your 1 year smoke free anniversary.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Here’s a quick pix of the little Elf Man I did last night watching the NYC xmas show.... it started as an odd piece of wood I picked up in the wood shop to practise a few cuts with a different blade, then just kept going until it started to have a face.

I’ll paint this guy up and post the after. Too bad I don’t have a snap of the chunk of wood I started with yesterday. It’s only about 3 inches tall.

C402B205-712C-4025-92F4-B8D0C3042EF3.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Here’s a quick pix of the little Elf Man I did last night watching the NYC xmas show.... it started as an odd piece of wood I picked up in the wood shop to practise a few cuts with a different blade, then just kept going until it started to have a face.

I’ll paint this guy up and post the after. Too bad I don’t have a snap of the chunk of wood I started with yesterday. It’s only about 3 inches tall.

View attachment 258437
You could make pieces in your own time and when they are done you could sell them. That way you won't feel pressured into doing pieces and having a deadline and you can still enjoy the creations.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Miraculously dry, but very windy, in both directions :)
According to our weatherman a big storm is coming through today, and it includes much wind! We (California) really need the rain, and the snow it brings to the mountains, which affects the water table, but I can do without the WIND!!! I HATE THE WIND!!!!! And, darn it, today is errand day.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Wow. That is a lot on your plate. I hope your Mom is okay. I would also call the company to find out what was going on. But then that is me...ms. impatient. I had wondered why Clunker was not in the entries. I know there was a photo that you said you were keeping for the calendar contest. Can you share it with us now? And well done on your daughter doing so well at school this year.
I probably would have entered one of these
20180703_154500.jpegIMG_20180829_151702703_BURST001.jpegIMG_20180820_134903840.jpeg

Bambam1989

East Texas
Sorry about your mom. Hope she's coping.
And sorry to hear you're still in limbo with respect to moving.
Clunker would have looked lovely in this calendar. Did you see how many great entries there were?
I saw the photos of the winners, but didn't pay attention to who entered them[emoji28]

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hi! I must have missed you in the dark! I'm Lena, currently living in Denmark. Hope you've found an armadillo to sit on and got a hold of One-legged Pirate for a drink of your choice. Montgomery, our giant armadillo coffee table, has just brushed past me, so if you need any coffee, just give him a whistle. Do you have any paperwork we could feed to our new Homework-eating Hound? I'm afraid the poor thing is starving in here...
When did we get the homework eating hound? It better not eat my art! [emoji23]

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
According to our weatherman a big storm is coming through today, and it includes much wind! We (California) really need the rain, and the snow it brings to the mountains, which affects the water table, but I can do without the WIND!!! I HATE THE WIND!!!!! And, darn it, today is errand day.

And I’m hearing the rain could create massive mudslides in those areas that were burned. Hope all is well there and you grt some of the rsin you need, but not all at once!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Back on the weight loss, healthy life style thread and depending how dedicated you are... this “REBOOT WITH JOE” lifestyle works very well - https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

Join the 12 Days of Self-Care Challenge happening to help ease all your holiday stress and feel your best this season. The challenge starts December 1.

Just like “The 12 Days of Christmas” carol where the singer brags about all the amazing gifts they received from their “true love” during Christmas, I want you to brag to yourself about how you are taking great care of yourself.

For 12 days, you’ll get one simple action that you can take that day to remind you to practice self-care from keeping up your exercise routine to making a festive juice.

Your checklist will look something like this:

Get Moving: Try 30 minutes of something today—walking, yoga, an online video, and make a plan to stay active this season.

Drink More Water: Bring a water bottle to work or just be sure you drink one or two glasses of water when you wake up this morning. Bonus points for squeezed lemon in your water.

Make a Holiday Juice: The holiday season can include fresh juices and you can keep it festive. Choose a Red Juice or a Green Juice.

Enjoy More Sleep: Put yourself to bed an hour early tonight and enjoy the extra rest.