COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Our weather is not that bad at moment. Even warmer today then the last weeks have been. Strange right...
I often think that the weather all around the world is just not what it used to be anymore. I really think that it is all busy changing. Maybe Mother Nature is busy getting ready to do give us a game changer again sometime in the future.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
On a Tortoise note...
Turt needs his footcream again. I can't seem to fully get ride of the fungus on his plastron. I hate it!!
Hmmm that is a tough one. Ed and Linda are the experts with that. Maybe once it is healed, you should carry on with it for a good couple of weeks afterwards before stopping it.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning!
@Bambam1989 it’s good to hear from you. I’ll have some prayers out for your mother & your hubby. ( & you too of course for having to deal with it) wishing you strong drinks and good jokes:) cheers on daughters that make us proud! And I second the idea that we need to see what was going to be clunkers photo entry..
@CarolM Don’t give up on the weight challenge. You have so much to be proud of. You just have to find what works for you. Because it’s sure not the same for everyone. I was smoke free for one yr yesterday after 20 yrs of chain smoking. I also went on a diet the same day I quit smoking and lost 40 lbs in about 7 months. Unfortunately I’ve gained 10 of it back now.. I also love to eat:)
@Momof4 Kathy, I got the coolest card in the mail yesterday! It was a lovely Christmas card and really brightened up my afternoon! Thank you very much!!
Congratulations, Heather! You're amazing!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We refer to Pixie as a "space cadet," which has multiple meanings (connotations), not all of them complimentary. I guess the best way to explain it is that with Pixie, she may be a rocket scientist, but we can never figure out whether the dumb blond routine is an act or not...
:D:D:D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Back on the weight loss, healthy life style thread and depending how dedicated you are... this “REBOOT WITH JOE” lifestyle works very well - https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

Join the 12 Days of Self-Care Challenge happening to help ease all your holiday stress and feel your best this season. The challenge starts December 1.

Just like “The 12 Days of Christmas” carol where the singer brags about all the amazing gifts they received from their “true love” during Christmas, I want you to brag to yourself about how you are taking great care of yourself.

For 12 days, you’ll get one simple action that you can take that day to remind you to practice self-care from keeping up your exercise routine to making a festive juice.

Your checklist will look something like this:

Get Moving: Try 30 minutes of something today—walking, yoga, an online video, and make a plan to stay active this season.

Drink More Water: Bring a water bottle to work or just be sure you drink one or two glasses of water when you wake up this morning. Bonus points for squeezed lemon in your water.

Make a Holiday Juice: The holiday season can include fresh juices and you can keep it festive. Choose a Red Juice or a Green Juice.

Enjoy More Sleep: Put yourself to bed an hour early tonight and enjoy the extra rest.

I knew of course that Joe was amazing :<3:, but I didn't know he also had a weight-loss program. Sounds about right though: get more sleep, move at your own pace, eat more greens... Could have been "Reboot with Kristoff" too! :)