COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
IMG_1554659494.243943.jpg
This was about $38 at Walmart and is tied to an app on my phone so I can live view anytime. It’s also set to send me alerts when it detects audio right now so I know when he’s on the move. This is one of many options that you can use or turn off. The camera has a place for a sd card that allows you to take videos or photos. Or you can pay for a “cloud” subscription and do the same thing. It’s very clear. I’m happy with it. I had tried a cheaper one first that I ended up taking back because it didn’t connect well when I tried to view live stream...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You’re mostly right. ;)

Hi, roommates! My grandfather passed away a couple of days ago. He was 90 and growing very weak, so I guess it was time. He’d had a hard life, with the WWII, the Soviet Union and the subsequent collapse. Very few lived that long in his generation. Anyway, I’m taking a few days off, then traveling. I’ll really need one of those amazing summaries when I’m back. Take care, y’all! [emoji8]
My condolences. Sounds like he had a interesting life. Enjoy your travels.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Is that your temperature sensor probe along the ceiling? It needs to be on the floor.

No, that’s an LED light strip and the cord. The temp probe is in the far corner floor on the same side the camera is... that white box that you can see in the back on the floor is a back up sensor as well.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
You’re mostly right. ;)

Hi, roommates! My grandfather passed away a couple of days ago. He was 90 and growing very weak, so I guess it was time. He’d had a hard life, with the WWII, the Soviet Union and the subsequent collapse. Very few lived that long in his generation. Anyway, I’m taking a few days off, then traveling. I’ll really need one of those amazing summaries when I’m back. Take care, y’all! [emoji8]
I'm sorry to hear that.

Please accept my condolences.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
View attachment 269180
This was about $38 at Walmart and is tied to an app on my phone so I can live view anytime. It’s also set to send me alerts when it detects audio right now so I know when he’s on the move. This is one of many options that you can use or turn off. The camera has a place for a sd card that allows you to take videos or photos. Or you can pay for a “cloud” subscription and do the same thing. It’s very clear. I’m happy with it. I had tried a cheaper one first that I ended up taking back because it didn’t connect well when I tried to view live stream...

My cheap one from amazon work one time out of ten, but really don’t like the idea of paying monthly...how much is it?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
French, we have some english class at school but you can pass without being so good, I personally learned by watching youtube a lot. I don’t speak sign language, do you?
No. We don't speak fluent sign language. We write notes back and forth and play a bad game of charades. What's really interesting is...a lot of families that I know with a deaf family member don't speak sign either. I actually feel that in some ways. Sign language keeps a deaf person isolated even more because most people don't speak sign.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Number 2 woke up today!!

This is my first time burmating. Willow is gonna be 3 in Sept and I’ve always kept her up.

The older guy Buddy my sister gave me did great!! I’ve only had him about year so brumating was scary for me.

My daughter found Willow next to our pool as a hatchling.

I did it!!

Willow
IMG_5438.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I hate turf! It’s super hot for the players and we get those black balls all over the car and house!!

Yes, those astroturf pellets are a nuisance... it’s the same when football is played on it :)

The water based pitches are better.

Super hot is a local climate problem that we can’t identify with here in the UK :D

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Pics of my grandsons. The pics where they are standing by a gopher tortoise is at a park where there are over 100 of them living in the wild. The pic with turtles in the water is at the same park.View attachment 269122 View attachment 269125 View attachment 269126 View attachment 269127
The only accident was my son opened a door on my younger grandsons foot and he got 6 stitches. Ouch!

They are handsome boys! And that Poor baby!! Boys are so rough! He looks like he’s not even bothered by it though. [emoji6]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You’re mostly right. ;)

I’m sorry Lena and I’ll be thinking about you and your family! Be safe.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas