COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Spring has sprung and the waters are warming! Got out early on the West River this morning, it leads right over/into the Chesapeake Bay.

Some shots -

51D749A5-4255-4B70-8DE2-DB7D9E65C656.jpeg F46C5804-DE66-44F3-8C87-B5A937A92434.jpeg A7728DCA-3021-4F7D-AFEB-BC7075A4A440.jpeg B6D4B2A3-06C2-462D-BC72-566DA36253D7.jpeg 0CA430DA-940D-48BE-9B1F-975C080012B5.jpeg

Can possibly see Maryland’s Eastern Shore through the haze. Yes...the water this morning was incredibly super calm. There can be 3-4 foot swells & waves here too.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
You’re mostly right. ;)

Hi, roommates! My grandfather passed away a couple of days ago. He was 90 and growing very weak, so I guess it was time. He’d had a hard life, with the WWII, the Soviet Union and the subsequent collapse. Very few lived that long in his generation. Anyway, I’m taking a few days off, then traveling. I’ll really need one of those amazing summaries when I’m back. Take care, y’all! [emoji8]

Sorry for your loss. Safe travels.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I can wait until I get the water right. My son had a 100gallon tank and said the same as you. I'll just wait. I don't like our tap water. I was thinking of using filtered tap from a machine not bottled. I was also worried that the good minerals would be filtered out by the machine. In the meantime I have a decoration until I get the water right. I saw a male butterfly?? betta that was so beautiful! I'm sure there will be another betta out there in need when I somewhat know what I'm doing.
It is not a bad strategy. I however would not be that patient.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Pics of my grandsons. The pics where they are standing by a gopher tortoise is at a park where there are over 100 of them living in the wild. The pic with turtles in the water is at the same park.View attachment 269122 View attachment 269125 View attachment 269126 View attachment 269127
The only accident was my son opened a door on my younger grandsons foot and he got 6 stitches. Ouch!
Big ouch. Your grandsons are very handsome. I think you are going to have to teach them how to dodge shotguns. [emoji23] [emoji6]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Interesting question. It would be interesting to know what language(s) roomies speak and what they consider to be their first language.

As Olivier has started the ball rolling...

English is my first language. I was taught French and German at school. Having worked in France and had a much better teacher, my French is considerably better than my German.

I usually find it easier to read a foreign language than to speak it as knowing odd words in various languages, thanks to my travels, means I can often work it out. Catalan, for example, requires French, Spanish and a bit of Latin. And Danish signs proved remarkably easy to work out. :D

Greek is surprisingly easy to read if you learn their alphabet in Maths as I did. I remember seeing a poster for a film and trying to work out who the star was. It turned out to be Robert Redford, but because the Greeks use Mu and Pi together to make a B sound it read Rompert Redford to me :D
My home language is English and I can speak Afrikaans as well. I know a smattering of words in French and Japanese but nothing to have a conversation with. I could probably understand Dutch or at least enough to more or less figure out what would be said as Afrikaans is slightly similar. I know maybe two or three words in German.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning all!

It’s early Sunday morning and I am quietly catching up over a (decaffeinated) coffee while JoesDad lies in. I had better go feed the fish as they’re all staring at me... they’d be hammering on the glass if they could :D

We have Golden Barbs in the tank and their default is hungry. A Golden Barb that doesn’t want to eat is probably dead [emoji23] Everything else has to move quickly when they’re fed or they get nothing!
[emoji23] [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You’re mostly right. ;)

Hi, roommates! My grandfather passed away a couple of days ago. He was 90 and growing very weak, so I guess it was time. He’d had a hard life, with the WWII, the Soviet Union and the subsequent collapse. Very few lived that long in his generation. Anyway, I’m taking a few days off, then traveling. I’ll really need one of those amazing summaries when I’m back. Take care, y’all! [emoji8]
So sorry Lena. Travel safe and sure when your back I will do a summary for you. Big Electronic hug.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
There isn`t really a "boss" between the four, but the biggest and friendliest one is the one on the left side. His name is "Leo" and I think he is a friendly, lovely male. The tort in the back got her "portion" grass a little bit later and started eating immediately. They are so cute little dinosaurs !

They are absolutely beautiful!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town