COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hi Everybody,

It is with great sadness, that I write this. Kang did not make it. I went back home at lunch time and he was completely still and would not move. I will not be on here a for a few days and as I need to grieve for him. I have no idea why he has died. I am sorry I just cannot do this for a while. I will see you when I feel that I can be okay and think rationally again. But his death has hit me extremely hard. I will chat to you all when I feel that I can talk about him again without bursting into tears.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hi Everybody,

It is with great sadness, that I write this. Kang did not make it. I went back home at lunch time and he was completely still and would not move. I will not be on here a for a few days and as I need to grieve for him. I have no idea why he has died. I am sorry I just cannot do this for a while. I will see you when I feel that I can be okay and think rationally again. But his death has hit me extremely hard. I will chat to you all when I feel that I can talk about him again without bursting into tears.

Oh Carol... I am SO sorry! My heart breaks for you. I hope you find your peace soon.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi Everybody,

Oh my goodness. Massive electronic hugs from me Carol. I am devastated to hear this [emoji22]

I know exactly how you feel. It was the same with Joe and it took time for me to grieve. Take your time and we are here when you need us.

Another massive hug from me [emoji177]

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Everybody,

Carol I am so sorry and upset to hear this. I had no idea Kang was ill!
What I would say is keep him warm for a little while longer because there have been stories about some torts seeming as if they had died but were in some sort of comatose state. I'm thinking of the time Ed had a tort called Bertha - he thought she had died and told us all, but when he was about to bury her he noticed some little movement. I don't want to give you false hope but it is best to be sure before you bury him.
We will miss you here, but completely understand how devastating this is for you and that you need time to grieve. Take care and I'll be thinking of you. x

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hi Everybody,

I’m so sorry Carol. Big hugs to you!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
View attachment 269213
It’s this one.. are you sure there’s not an option in your settings that just needs to be turned on?it sounded like you have the better version of
I guess I need to read all of the instructions. I was so happy getting it to work I didn't read on..
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Hi Everybody,

So sorry, I had read about the thing hanging out but I never tought it could end up like this...it went so fast...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi Everybody,

My heart breaks for you and Kang. I wish you happiness soon . I will keep you in my prayers.
Hang in there.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I feel sadness in the CDR today :-(. Just thinking about @CarolM and her poor tort.

I’ll throw a wee bit of #sunshine here, with pix of our Sully’s first morning outside after being cooped up all Winter long. One can sense the smile in her face.! Enjoying dandelions with gusto.

View attachment 269246

View attachment 269247

View attachment 269248
He certainly does look happy!
I picked some clover and dandies from the garden for Lola today as it is still too cold for him to go out, and he made a beeline for them.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I feel sadness in the CDR today :-(. Just thinking about @CarolM and her poor tort.

I’ll throw a wee bit of #sunshine here, with pix of our Sully’s first morning outside after being cooped up all Winter long. One can sense the smile in her face.! Enjoying dandelions with gusto.

View attachment 269246

View attachment 269247

View attachment 269248

Is this a tortoise seed mix or your regular old turf? Im starting to think about gaïa’s outdoor enclosure and im wondering if my actual turf is fine or if I have to destroy everything and re-seed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Why Thankfully, were you worried that you would be too tempted and thereby loose out on a good deal that might come your way?
He was so beautiful and swimming. I was seeing up close what I have to look forward to. He didn't look stressed at all. But I'm not ready yet. The employees that I've been talking with seem knowledgeable and actually experienced. So I was glad that one of them couldn't resist. I'll find mine when it's time.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Is this a tortoise seed mix or your regular old turf? Im starting to think about gaïa’s outdoor enclosure and im wondering if my actual turf is fine or if I have to destroy everything and re-seed.

It’s our back lawn/garden area that has not been sprayed for a long time. Grass, weeds, clover, plantain and dandelions....

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Most deaf kids will go to a specialized school for deaf kids. But if you wanted to attend the average school and you needed an interpreter then you would have to hire one at your own expense. The school will not do it for you. They will tell you to go to the deaf school.
That's what happened to my brother. Back then he had to live away from us to get any sort of education at all. He could come home on the weekends but, I always felt really bad for him. Thank God the school was only 30 miles away but it was still hard on the families. It was also one of only a few schools for the deaf in the US. Children were flown in from all over the US. The laws have changed about that situation but still...since he is profoundly deaf I don't know that it would have made any difference. He is what he is. He works. He's funny and fun. He's well-known for his cartoon paintings...