COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Found this little guy at the shelter. Had about a thousand flees on him. He had been turned in that day. He looks full husky but we really are not sure. He had a sister someone was coming to get that had a coat that look like a tri-color collie or something like that. Got all the flees off when we got home and he seems to get along great with the other dogs.
Thought I'd share.
View attachment 276637View attachment 276638View attachment 276639View attachment 276640

Still debating on a name.
He is gorgeous. I love his eyes.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning ! I am already frustrated today trying to figure out what to do with myself. Last week, my “shoulder was bothering me and I mentioned to my husband that I might have pulled something. On Monday, it was really bothering me and causing my nerves to go crazy (I have mild Cubital tunnel), so I called my Orthopedic Dr. I ended up having to go in Yesterday ahead of scheduled appointment only to find out that it’s not my shoulder at all.It seems there is something going on with my neck. So now, there’s this long process of getting MRI, and finding out treatment plans (kinda scares me) and in the mean time it hurts like hell[emoji35]. I don’t do painkillers and I’m too busy to sit Idle.. this is CRAP!

On another note, our heat index is creeping up and the humidity is insane!
IMG_3352.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm not sure yet. I've been waiting to see her personality :)

Right now she has been really calm and resting a lot. But I can't help but think that's from what all the flees did. There was not a square inch in her that had less than 50 flees.
I have an appointment to take her to the vet for a check up and shots.

My first name idea was Roku and dad calls him Wolfy. I've also considered a more nature name. Like Storm or cloud....
Those sound like good names.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Another HOT humid day with the temp now holding at 92F, and humidity at 50%, creating a “feels like” temp of an even 100.
Sooooo, time a nice soak/swim for Sully.

We bought a new pool, but might need the next larger one!

View attachment 276646
looks like Sully is have a good swim.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning ! I am already frustrated today trying to figure out what to do with myself. Last week, my “shoulder was bothering me and I mentioned to my husband that I might have pulled something. On Monday, it was really bothering me and causing my nerves to go crazy (I have mild Cubital tunnel), so I called my Orthopedic Dr. I ended up having to go in Yesterday ahead of scheduled appointment only to find out that it’s not my shoulder at all.It seems there is something going on with my neck. So now, there’s this long process of getting MRI, and finding out treatment plans (kinda scares me) and in the mean time it hurts like hell[emoji35]. I don’t do painkillers and I’m too busy to sit Idle.. this is CRAP!

View attachment 276687
Oh no Heather. I am sorry about your neck. But hang in there, I am sure that they will come up with a good plan of action to get it better. You should also maybe see an osteopath. The osteopath was the one that eventually took most of my back pain away. Good Luck, it is not a nice thing to go through.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thanks Carol. If I get quiet, y’all don’t worry. I’m just not a good patients and I don’t want to overload with negativity. Lol.. on another note, what’s the status with your egg? Is there still an egg on watch? Are you expecting a shell baby? Refresh my memory please:)))

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

View attachment 276687

Bad news on the neck and the humidity. You might as well sit in a cool tub of water all day! Thats humid!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks Carol. If I get quiet, y’all don’t worry. I’m just not a good patients and I don’t want to overload with negativity. Lol.. on another note, what’s the status with your egg? Is there still an egg on watch? Are you expecting a shell baby? Refresh my memory please:)))
Welll, There is still an egg there, I have not touched it, but they normally hatch around March, April and May, so we have quite a while to wait. And then she should have laid another egg sometime last week as they apparently lay their eggs 23 days apart. BUT if she did lay another egg, I did not catch it.

Bee62

Germany
Good Wednesday morning all...

It’s going to be just too darn hot today to do much outside (including kayaking). Front and back lawns are all cut, edges trimmed in the gardens, flowers and bananas well soaked!

Got a new implement to use on my logs - a 10 ton hydraulic log splitter. Yep, Harbor Freight has all kinds of things, including these log splitters. Was able to lug one home, set it up and start using it yesterday afternoon. Perhaps not as fast as my 15 lb maul, but it’s methodical and saves the back - and safer.

Another pix of Ms Sully soaking yesterday afternoon.

View attachment 276682
I think a hot day on the water is easier to bear than "on land". Right ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Welll, There is still an egg there, I have not touched it, but they normally hatch around March, April and May, so we have quite a while to wait. And then she should have laid another egg sometime last week as they apparently lay their eggs 23 days apart. BUT if she did lay another egg, I did not catch it.

Ok. I think I see now. it’s winter time for you and therefor a natural holding period for eggs. So, in the wild, a females nest would accumulate a new egg every 23 days until spring when warmer temperatures would trigger the incubation period...??? Is this what your hoping to simulate??

Bee62

Germany
We don't heat our house. We use extra blankets and electric blankets in our beds.
Okay. Then I understand that it is getting uncomfortable in lower temps in the house and you have to use electric blankets.
Btw: A friend of mine asked me where do you live in Capetown, which district. He visited Capetown this year and his wife is from South Africa.