COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
For long time CDRrs, you all recall the leaning pine trees, then the fallen trees, then my process of cutting them up into rounds, and stacking them up. So, now that all the top jungle of twigs, pine cones and all branches are gone (shredded or burned) I can work on the splitting. Thus the new tool.

Log Wheels Waiting to be Split

View attachment 276785 View attachment 276786

A Wheelbarrow Full

View attachment 276787
What are you going to do with them? I could be wrong for doing it but I love pine for campfires and firepits. I've even cooked with it over a campfire using a cast iron cooking table.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
WOW! I’m in awe of your facility! What a wonderful place. I love that your doing this and anxiously look for your updates. I think this is the most heart-warming thing (to me) that I read about these days!
It is to me too. It's amazing that they can get such little baby birds to thrive

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good Wednesday morning all...

It’s going to be just too darn hot today to do much outside (including kayaking). Front and back lawns are all cut, edges trimmed in the gardens, flowers and bananas well soaked!

Got a new implement to use on my logs - a 10 ton hydraulic log splitter. Yep, Harbor Freight has all kinds of things, including these log splitters. Was able to lug one home, set it up and start using it yesterday afternoon. Perhaps not as fast as my 15 lb maul, but it’s methodical and saves the back - and safer.

Another pix of Ms Sully soaking yesterday afternoon.

View attachment 276682
What a smooth shell. Ms Sully is fantastic!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning ! I am already frustrated today trying to figure out what to do with myself. Last week, my “shoulder was bothering me and I mentioned to my husband that I might have pulled something. On Monday, it was really bothering me and causing my nerves to go crazy (I have mild Cubital tunnel), so I called my Orthopedic Dr. I ended up having to go in Yesterday ahead of scheduled appointment only to find out that it’s not my shoulder at all.It seems there is something going on with my neck. So now, there’s this long process of getting MRI, and finding out treatment plans (kinda scares me) and in the mean time it hurts like hell[emoji35]. I don’t do painkillers and I’m too busy to sit Idle.. this is CRAP!

On another note, our heat index is creeping up and the humidity is insane!
View attachment 276687
Hey Ellie May hope you feel better. My wife injured her neck in the accident. Last year year she was having pain in her left shoulder to her forearm. Couldn't even lift a cup of coffee without pain. After determining it was her neck. She had 2 injections in the neck.( outpatient). It lasted her a little more then a year. She has an appointment next week to see if she needs injections again. The pain has returned again. Good luck!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hey Ellie May hope you feel better. My wife injured her neck in the accident. Last year year she was having pain in her left shoulder to her forearm. Couldn't even lift a cup of coffee without pain. After determining it was her neck. She had 2 injections in the neck.( outpatient). It lasted her a little more then a year. She has an appointment next week to see if she needs injections again. The pain has returned again. Good luck!

Thanks Ray! I feel bad for your wife! I have heard lots of horror stories about ongoing problems when your neck is involved:-( I have been trying to continue with my normal schedule but I’m struggling.. I did have my MRI this afternoon so that’s progress. Doctor should be calling me with results and then we can make a plan. I’m not usually a big whiner, lol.. but every dang time I’m forced to go to the doctor, something is actually wrong.... ughhh.. I have to much to do for this crap:)
BUT, God is good and I’m doing just what I’m supposed to I suppose [emoji23]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Nottingham have the green hood colouring. She got her hat and gown from the Uni, but she had to leave a deposit. My parents got to go in and watch it in real life while “the plebs” (me and my grandparents) watched it on the big screen in the lecture hall.

What did you study?

I went to Lancaster to study Accountancy and Economics and studied Computing as my free choice third subject. At the end of my first year, my marks reflected my interests and I switched my major with the blessing of both departments affected. I have BSc in Computing with a minor in Economics.

JoesDad has the BA in Accountancy and Economics and dropped the Computing which he had also chosen.

I graduated in 1985. The first year of Computing involved programming using punch cards and the first PCs were a new thing in 1984/85, my final year, but they were DOS as Windows didn’t exist! My subsequent career in computing has involved a lot of change!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I went to Lancaster to study Accountancy and Economics and studied Computing as my free choice third subject. At the end of my first year, my marks reflected my interests and I switched my major with the blessing of both departments affected. I have BSc in Computing with a minor in Economics.

JoesDad has the BA in Accountancy and Economics and dropped the Computing which he had also chosen.

I graduated in 1985. The first year of Computing involved programming using punch cards and the first PCs were a new thing in 1984/85, my final year, but they were DOS as Windows didn’t exist! My subsequent career in computing has involved a lot of change!
My dad graduated from Glasgow Uni in 1989, he did engineering. I’ve gotta say, I do like the computing tech we had back in the 80’s. I’ve got an old 80’s PC that I was dissecting when I was studying computer science for GCSEs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our bathroom remodel is 99% done!! Just waiting for the shower glass to be installed on Friday!!
It’s been a long 5 weeks!!

I'm anxious to see the finished product. My house is an older house and when I first moved in here about 25 years ago (it was older then too) I had the bathroom re-done. So, even though it's still new because I don't use it, it's a bit dated. Here's my "Crystal Shining Bathroom", so named by my grand daughter:

crystal shining bathroom a.jpg crystal shining bathroom b.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Did you learn how to do it on your kindle? Maybe I would want one. But I also was looking at them for my brother to have something safer for him for communication issues being a developmentally disabled deaf mute.
No. I've asked my friend, Google, and he has given me instructions, however, either I'm stupid or the instructions are not for my model Kindle. I can't get it to work. I copy/pasted once I got back on the desktop.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Bee62

Germany