COLD DARK ROOM

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ma
I think less is more with the cactus.... I broke off a few pads last year and stuck them in the ground or a pot about halfway in the dirt. Left them alone.. they all lived and have new growth this year... just don’t over water... I have faith in you;-)
Aww thanks for ur faith in me. Ur such a great bs’er haha

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ill leave the cactus To jack lol
I know I'm probably being selfish but I'd really like to try it at least once. My Hispanic friends loved it and they would even cook the ones with spines. It reminds me of okra and zucchini with plant juice like glue. ☺ I think it's called collagen.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I think less is more with the cactus.... I broke off a few pads last year and stuck them in the ground or a pot about halfway in the dirt. Left them alone.. they all lived and have new growth this year... just don’t over water... I have faith in you;-)

But.....you have that wonderful Texas weather.... A lot different than us northern East Coast folks. Chubbs is probably Zone 5? Not conducive to tender, fragile succulents.

jeneliza

burton michigan
That's great! I may try it. ( buy online pick up at the store) for certain items I buy. Like cat litter, cat food, etc. And heavy stuff I always buy. Other things like fresh produce, meat, I want to choose myself. But having the heavier items delivered to my car would help so much.
Here, it's hard to get a pick up slot, at the bigger stores

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Here, it's hard to get a pick up slot, at the bigger stores
It was so crazy when I did that for my brother so he would have something to do. The 2 poor girls at the JoAnn's Fabric I ordered from are being run ragged. The manager is my niece so I got to hear all of it. I don't think this will settle down soon. Even when the crisis ends people will think differently and start using curbside pickup more. The stores will accommodate or close some brick and morter stores maybe. I think that would be a really bad thing and even worse then this virus.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Still behind here. Did I miss a post from @Bee62 singing?
Here is some info that was circulated in a hospital in New Jersey to the staff.View attachment 290031
If only it was that simple!!!
I don't know if you've seen the warnings yet but this has proved to be a myth put out by a fake scientist. While all fruit and veg are essential for good health and could help your immune system, they will not protect from Covid 19. So stay safe !

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
One of the streaming services I subscribe to is BritBox. I've been watching a show called Would I Lie To You? It's pretty darned funny. I watched two episodes last night and actually laughed out loud the whole time. Anyone else ever seen it?
Yes its a regular on tv here, There is a good mix of comedians and celebrities on the panels - very funny.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If I'm not mistaken, Ohio's only poisonous snake is a timber rattlesnake and copperheads. I've lived with other types around but I only got chased once by one in Florida. I think the darling was a racer I almost stepped on. I don't blame s/he for getting po'd and trying to chase me away...and I managed to not get bit in the race...hehehe
Cool. My son was thinking a water snake from your area.View attachment 290180
We only have grass snakes and adders. The adders are the dangerous ones. Fortunately you rarely see them unless you disturb them in their habitat.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Heather, I will show this post to Rose. Post like yours are helpful.
My body shutdown yesterday. I got up at 4am because of pain. Ate breakfast around 9AM and just couldn't come around. Went to bed and slept until 9 am today. Almost straight thru. This happens about every 2 or 3 weeks. Feeling better today.
Glad you are feeling better Ray, hope Rose is feeling better after her back injections.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Opo is pacing the fence between me and the neighbor. I was thinking about the privacy strips that you weave in the fence.
He likes exploring under the shed but I am going to use trex 5/4 decking boards horizontally to block it off. No under ground sprinkler system.
Any suggestions on how to build the wading pool?
The other torts grass is always greener!! yes sight barriers should help!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well the numbers have gone up. And the government has increased the lock down to the end of April.
Same here - going to go on for months because even when the numbers start to fall covid will still be there and numbers will rise again, when social distancing ends. No sign of a vaccine yet:(