COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Well, you need to shop online at chewy.com. Before the virus thing chewy does free two day delivery if you spend more than $49. And they have everything you need for your dogs and cats. They deliver right to your door. It's taking a little longer now, with the pandemic, but it's still better than going to the store for it.

I felt the same as you about wanting to pick out my own groceries, but I was completely satisfied with the way "Christopher" shopped for me. And the substitutions he made were the same as what I would have made.
I'm so glad you've found some things that will help you have more energy for your animals. Hehehe..I can't even picture myself keeping up with you. I've actually considered chewy.com but I'd loose my gas points. I don't really have a ton of animals like you so Kroger pick up at store would be nice for most things. Then I can possibly go in for my fresh stuff.? My choice even then. Anyway, I'll be using that when all this ends.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 290658

I cooked a slow roast lamb shoulder for dinner this evening. It was amazing! It was in the oven 5 hours, but it was worth it.

View attachment 290659
And we had homemade Christmas Pudding pulled from the freezer for dessert
View attachment 290661
Yummy! And your pond is so pretty. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I agree, I hope not because this will lead to some job loss, and it will be the team members, who needs the job the worst, I don't know but I believe humen contact is so important, nothing wrong with taking extra care about personal space and being mindful when sick and cleaning our hand, etc, bit this scares me, because I don't want to live in a world where we are scared of our community, and don't go out, communication with others and face to face , is important for our soul, most of us or hard wired to be with others, in something way or another,
Me too. I don't go out much but I enjoy walking and shopping around a store with a few people in it. I get to meet people around my community. I always end up having a bit of fun. I hope this doesn't close down our bricks and mortar stores. They where already having a hard time.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
View attachment 290658

I cooked a slow roast lamb shoulder for dinner this evening. It was amazing! It was in the oven 5 hours, but it was worth it.

View attachment 290659
And we had homemade Christmas Pudding pulled from the freezer for dessert
View attachment 290661
Happy Eastmas!!
Pond is looking great!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
I just saw the news and really hope that all our US friends, their families and properties are safe and not had too much damage after all the storms the southern states are having. It looks horrendous!
As if the world hasn't got enough problems.
Take care everyone!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning/afternoon all.
I just saw the news and really hope that all our US friends, their families and properties are safe and not had too much damage after all the storms the southern states are having. It looks horrendous!
As if the world hasn't got enough problems.
Take care everyone!

We’ve been having massive thunder & rainstorms all night/morning. Back garden is filling up. I don’t need an artificial pond, mother nature is building one as I type. Rain barrel full & overflowing.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We’ve been having massive thunder & rainstorms all night/morning. Back garden is filling up. I don’t need an artificial pond, mother nature is building one as I type. Rain barrel full & overflowing.

You can’t quite tell the depth, but you can see my natural flood zone filling

043C5BD5-1E2E-4797-823D-C8D65FFA453C.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@EllieMay are you all OK in your part of Texas?
Good morning Lyn. We are ok! Everything is outside is flooded... my new tortoise yard is just washed away so I’ll have to try again there... no major damages though. We were lucky compared to others.. How is your brother doing?

jeneliza

burton michigan
Hi everyone

Sorry I have been absent for a while. No excuses apart from trying not to be on the internet too much.

We are all fit and well. Our pond has its first critters... two pond skaters (insects). It isn’t planted yet as advice is to do it in May for a better chance of the plants establishing properly.

Today’s fascinating chore has been sanding the outdoor furniture so it can be re-oiled.

Hope all is well in the CDR :)
What’s ever clear?
EDIT

Just googled. I flambéd the pud in cheap brandy :)
Ever clear, is higher end vodka

jeneliza

burton michigan
Me too. I don't go out much but I enjoy walking and shopping around a store with a few people in it. I get to meet people around my community. I always end up having a bit of fun. I hope this doesn't close down our bricks and mortar stores. They where already having a hard time.?
I agree, I work in grooming, so this isn't a job that can be done, online, but it will be impacted by less jobs, because it will lead to less money in the community, and of course it's not cheap to get a dog/cat groomed, so it' would probably be impacted if people are not working

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning Lyn. We are ok! Everything is outside is flooded... my new tortoise yard is just washed away so I’ll have to try again there... no major damages though. We were lucky compared to others.. How is your brother doing?
What a shame about your yard but glad to hear you and your family and torts are safe.

My brother is doing OK thanks Heather. He has had 4 lots of RT and started chemo by pills last Tuesday. So far so good, no major problems yet. He's had a break from RT over the Easter weekend but restarts tomorrow. His behaviour has been less erratic and unpredictable too. He does still get wound up by unexpected noises in the garden from neighbours (and also his wife!) but he's more easily calmed. I spoke to him on the phone the other day and he seemed very happy -it was lovely to hear him laughing and more like his old self. Still a long way to go but, for now ,it's great that he's not in so much turmoil as he was.

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
What a shame about your yard but glad to hear you and your family and torts are safe.

My brother is doing OK thanks Heather. He has had 4 lots of RT and started chemo by pills last Tuesday. So far so good, no major problems yet. He's had a break from RT over the Easter weekend but restarts tomorrow. His behaviour has been less erratic and unpredictable too. He does still get wound up by unexpected noises in the garden from neighbours (and also his wife!) but he's more easily calmed. I spoke to him on the phone the other day and he seemed very happy -it was lovely to hear him laughing and more like his old self. Still a long way to go but, for now ,it's great that he's not in so much turmoil as he was.
Oh I am so glad to read that about your brother.