COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I agree, I work in grooming, so this isn't a job that can be done, online, but it will be impacted by less jobs, because it will lead to less money in the community, and of course it's not cheap to get a dog/cat groomed, so it' would probably be impacted if people are not working
Our Pet Smart is open and you don't have to stand in line. It is considered an essential service thank God. This Saturday I'm taking our cat and house bunny to the vet but I have to do it by cell phone. I'll be in the car. I'll always have to have someone trim my bunny's nails. I can't see well enough to do it myself. What I'm trying to say is you have job security. People that pay for help grooming their animals are still going to take care of their "kids".

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
What a shame about your yard but glad to hear you and your family and torts are safe.

My brother is doing OK thanks Heather. He has had 4 lots of RT and started chemo by pills last Tuesday. So far so good, no major problems yet. He's had a break from RT over the Easter weekend but restarts tomorrow. His behaviour has been less erratic and unpredictable too. He does still get wound up by unexpected noises in the garden from neighbours (and also his wife!) but he's more easily calmed. I spoke to him on the phone the other day and he seemed very happy -it was lovely to hear him laughing and more like his old self. Still a long way to go but, for now ,it's great that he's not in so much turmoil as he was.
That’s wonderful to read! Luv n hugs;-)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m starting to like our Neighborhood Portal of info, sales n things. Local homeowner had a pretty large tree limb on their fence. Looks like it’s been there some time, but they needed a tree service/handy man to remove. I did the job, made a quick $25.00. Not sure how much a tree service would have charged.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What a shame about your yard but glad to hear you and your family and torts are safe.

My brother is doing OK thanks Heather. He has had 4 lots of RT and started chemo by pills last Tuesday. So far so good, no major problems yet. He's had a break from RT over the Easter weekend but restarts tomorrow. His behaviour has been less erratic and unpredictable too. He does still get wound up by unexpected noises in the garden from neighbours (and also his wife!) but he's more easily calmed. I spoke to him on the phone the other day and he seemed very happy -it was lovely to hear him laughing and more like his old self. Still a long way to go but, for now ,it's great that he's not in so much turmoil as he was.
Yeah! For your brother and I'm sure that's a lot of cheer for you also. That just made my Monday more cheerful.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’m starting to like our Neighborhood Portal of info, sales n things. Local homeowner had a pretty large tree limb on their fence. Looks like it’s been there some time, but they needed a tree service/handy man to remove. I did the job, made a quick $25.00. Not sure how much a tree service would have charged.
NICE! They got a really good deal;-)

jeneliza

burton michigan
Our Pet Smart is open and you don't have to stand in line. It is considered an essential service thank God. This Saturday I'm taking our cat and house bunny to the vet but I have to do it by cell phone. I'll be in the car. I'll always have to have someone trim my bunny's nails. I can't see well enough to do it myself. What I'm trying to say is you have job security. People that pay for help grooming their animals are still going to take care of their "kids".
Yes, and no, PetSmart grooming is closed which is where I work, and for nail etc, they will pay, true but people will spend less on the extras, so the big companies, will cut labor, and it is made at all areas, in the stores, so a little from pet care, a little from cashier, and a little from grooming even with having some hours, will it be enough to pay my bills, I have been cut to 14 hours in the past, so they don't have issues with cutting hours , but I do hope your right about people still spending money on grooming

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Wow, that is a real deal, probably around 75.00 if a company did it
Yes, and no, PetSmart grooming is closed which is where I work, and for nail etc, they will pay, true but people will spend less on the extras, so the big companies, will cut labor, and it is made at all areas, in the stores, so a little from pet care, a little from cashier, and a little from grooming even with having some hours, will it be enough to pay my bills, I have been cut to 14 hours in the past, so they don't have issues with cutting hours , but I do hope your right about people still spending money on grooming
are the stores still open?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes. I can see that. But I HAVE to have someone help me and my bunny's health depends on it. I'm sure there's a lot of people out here like me..hang in there. Are there laws against side jobs?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's been good and same to you...but what in the world is it?
LOL, They are pots for plants which I made out of old continental pillow cases and an old curtain which I was going to throw away. You dip them into a cement mixture and then drape it over something like a bucket or whatever you have to make the shape that you want. It dries in that shape. Then I made some more cement mixture slightly runnier and then painted on both the outside and inside to make it stronger. and then I painted them. When I get time I will put the plants that I want in them and post a completed picture.