COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all! Cool morning here this morning at 42F ... it’s not going to warm too much during the day and then drop to 37F tonight.. I don’t like it!!! I’m going to put a pork sirloin roast in the crockpot for a hot fare tonight.. Maybe I will get Pickles new yard back in order in between the home schooling lessons and my work web meetings... I think I need a better attitude today ... Hope everyone has a great day.
Awww, I am sure it is going to be an awesome day for you today.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
In Michigan, essential to life stores are open, but our governor thinks seeds are not essential to life, and you can't buy seeds or any plants right now, because seeds, and plants are not essential to life, , lol, but you can buy all the alcohol you want, because those stores are open and consider essential to life,
Here in SA, You are not allowed to buy alcohol or cigarettes, as the government has declared them as not being essential.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I bought a bunch of small plants to decorate indoor enclosures online a few days ago and it was delivered yesterday.
We could most probably order seeds online, but they won't be delivered until the lock down has been lifted. As they are not regarded as being essential. I tried buying a paint brush yesterday but the store wouldn't sell it to me, they told me if I wanted to get one, I would need to go to the police station and get an affidavit to get permission for the store to sell me a paint brush. It is not essential. I told them that actually it was, as it was keeping me from going out of my mind being stuck at home. LOL ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL, They are pots for plants which I made out of old continental pillow cases and an old curtain which I was going to throw away. You dip them into a cement mixture and then drape it over something like a bucket or whatever you have to make the shape that you want. It dries in that shape. Then I made some more cement mixture slightly runnier and then painted on both the outside and inside to make it stronger. and then I painted them. When I get time I will put the plants that I want in them and post a completed picture.
Nice. What kind of cement? It looks like a fun project. We've made garden stones in foil baking pans. I've also seen directions for bird baths using the large sunflower leaves and sand for molding. Just digging.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma