COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just a normal bag of cement. And a bag of sand.

Very cool. A few years back I was on a “hypertufa” roll. Equal parts of peat moss, cement & perlite. Mix together in a thick consistency, and mold it around forms. Pull the form out, scuff up a bit, & get creative. Still have a few. They are lighter than straight cast cement molds & porous.

In case you are interested - easy to make - https://www.marthastewart.com/268962/hypertufa-pots

Your creations look great! ??

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Very cool. A few years back I was on a “hypertufa” roll. Equal parts of peat moss, cement & perlite. Mix together in a thick consistency, and mold it around forms. Pull the form out, scuff up a bit, & get creative. Still have a few. They are lighter than straight cast cement molds & porous.

In case you are interested - easy to make - https://www.marthastewart.com/268962/hypertufa-pots

Your creations look great! ??
I saw something like that when I was researching the cement. Please share a picture. I would love to see it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We can't even buy them at Walmart or Lowe's, our governor ordered stores to actually block the plant and garden area's off,? you can buy all the soda pop, chips , candy, beer, wine, but not garden supplies, lucky it's still early for gardening in Michigan, it only affects people from seed starting, so I guess I be starting my garden from plants, from a green house, her opinion is it's only three more weeks, but by then it's to late to start seeds to grow, then be planted outdoors,
I think seeds do just as well planted outside in late May and early June. They don't have to go through the trauma of transplanting. So don't rule it out. I guess it's not against the law YET for a friend to send a letter either. Where there's a will there's a way.☺

jeneliza

burton michigan
I think seeds do just as well planted outside in late May and early June. They don't have to go through the trauma of transplanting. So don't rule it out. I guess it's not against the law YET for a friend to send a letter either. Where there's a will there's a way.☺
Some seeds do, this is true, green and pole beans do well, I always plant seeds for these, right in the ground, pumpkin, and squash will do okay, but many take to long to grow large enough in time, for our growing season, if I have to use plants from this year , oh well, I done it this way in the past, so I can again, but I did receive some good news, smaller stores are still selling them, because they don't have a garden center, so they don't fall under the order, to close the garden centers, and she didn't name, seeds, just garden centers, so technically there getting under her order, so I may still be able to start my garden from seeds, so there may be a bright side after all

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hmmm, not much going on today, Maybe it is still too early in the day for you guys.

It has been slightly overcast here today. And I am at the office again, as I am helping our accounts department to process invoices for payment at the end of the month. Even though it is lock down the accounts still need to be paid.

Have you guys gone insane yet with being stuck at home? If so, pinterest is a good place to go to look for things that you can do around the home. Maybe you can finally use those things that have been sitting in your cupboard for years on end. make something with them and revitalize them. That was what my plant pots were about. I was lucky though that I still had some cement and paint at home. The paint brush that I have is looking the worse for wear, but it is all that I have at the moment and will have to do.

So maybe a little cartoon to cheer you all up:

1586950320618.png