COLD DARK ROOM

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ma
so I went out to the store today, I can't believe the disrespectful behavior, I was waiting for a funeral procession yes it was a mile long with firemen policemen etc pretty sure it was for one of our officers that died from the covid-19 however people were just cutting in front of it and cutting them off and getting in between them sorry to post but this just made me so angry, I need to see how many other people feel like this is so above the normal disrespectful behavior,
Im prob wrong person to answer( i get angry if someone cuts me off.. nvermind a funeral! But yeah.. that deserves a beat down

jeneliza

burton michigan
Im prob wrong person to answer( i get angry if someone cuts me off.. nvermind a funeral! But yeah.. that deserves a beat down
Right, I know people have become more self involved over the years, but this was way too much!! If you're parents didn't teach them , then social normalcy should have, at least in my opinion,

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Tuesday all.

Large storm blowing in. Got some lawn edging & outside trimming done & then the rains & winds arrived. Sooooo, time to head downstairs & goof off a bit.

I still have plenty of Cherry limbs left in my shed from my by the road find a few weeks back. Ive made a few things, but how many little objects & tea lights does one need! Ive been taking the limbs and shaping on the lathe into little “blanks” (think rolling pin size) for some future fun.

Yesterday decided to find a larger piece & turn a little bee/bird house. Didnt have a real plan, but just went with the flow.

It’s not quite done yet, but it kind of represents a lil thatched cottage. I’ll permanently attach the roof, attach a hanger, give it a light coat of stain to help weatherize it. Drill a few drainage holes. We have plenty of bees, maybe a solitary bee will take up residence.

On the lathe being turned. Entrance Hole drilled. Roof Fitted
A2FD0990-F384-42AF-912D-B9A384E0F686.jpeg290E62A5-77F7-475A-9C81-C558711868D2.jpegE6FBA2F0-A7E8-4056-8D1D-1548B58D5CB1.jpegDB463EC7-0F54-4F97-9085-2C8E00044538.jpeg2E5A8BA1-8E93-4132-8BFF-47C7D745EB26.jpeg

Off the Lathe
C16DCB75-F748-4D8C-AA98-FE98A3B7F234.jpeg

Roof is still loosely fitted. Once I squeeze it in to the body, that’s it.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Happy Tuesday all.

Large storm blowing in. Got some lawn edging & outside trimming done & then the rains & winds arrived. Sooooo, time to head downstairs & goof off a bit.

I still have plenty of Cherry limbs left in my shed from my by the road find a few weeks back. Ive made a few things, but how many little objects & tea lights does one need! Ive been taking the limbs and shaping on the lathe into little “blanks” (think rolling pin size) for some future fun.

Yesterday decided to find a larger piece & turn a little bee/bird house. Didnt have a real plan, but just went with the flow.

It’s not quite done yet, but it kind of represents a lil thatched cottage. I’ll permanently attach the roof, attach a hanger, give it a light coat of stain to help weatherize it. Drill a few drainage holes. We have plenty of bees, maybe a solitary bee will take up residence.

View attachment 291845View attachment 291846View attachment 291847View attachment 291848View attachment 291849

Off the Lathe
View attachment 291850

Nice job man

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Tuesday all.

View attachment 291845View attachment 291846View attachment 291847View attachment 291848View attachment 291849

Off the Lathe
View attachment 291850

Seeing this reminded me that I want some bat houses and owl houses. I also wouldn't mind having some of those tube structures for mason bees.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Tuesday all.

Off the Lathe
View attachment 291850

I love it. Nice.