COLD DARK ROOM

jeneliza

Location (City and/or State)
burton michigan
Sun is out, but chilly, breezy & cold. Makes for some good manual gardening weather, not so much for the plants, seeds (on hold). April is turning out to be the coldest month since November “chills” & frosts. Grass n weeds are loving it.
It's aweful here in Michigan too, warm weather please!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Why should anyone be bored with staying home....I love staying home...because I am old and live alone...I can do whatever I want whenever I want it...without NASCAR on the weekends I am sort of floating around not knowing what to do...no race, and I sure don't want to be forced to do actual work...so yesterday as example...first I fed the birds, then I binged watched a show about Autopsies....every movie star that died, did it behind drugs...so anyway, watched that for a few hours, then changed to a show about serial killers, ordinary murderers, and rapists, then played outside with my box turtles until they all hid...oh, I did set up a 75 gallon tank thing for my little water turtle.. oh hell, gonna go sit outside and watch my flowers grow and the cars go my house...or maybe I'll go to town and pretend I'm looking for something...or maybe I'll have a nap...I forgot about this...
my cat Smokey was given a cat tree that he loved...so Sunday he jumped up to his sleeping spot and the darned thing broke sending Smokey to jump into the closed window where my full cup of hot coffee was...use your freakin imagination on this one...it was so funny...was really kind of upset Smokey I laughed at him...a friend fixed it right away

View attachment 291831View attachment 291832View attachment 291833
Hi Maggie

Good to see you’re on form :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning everyone. Life is keeping me occupied here. I braved the big supermarket yesterday. I had a 15 minute queue to get in. It was all a bit stressful and they didn’t have everything I needed, so I had to brave the our town’s other big supermarket today. The second one was only a ten minute queue and a more pleasant atmosphere inside. I wouldn’t have been able to get everything just visiting that one either though. Hopefully, I can manage just using the local small shops for the next few weeks now though.

I usually do my bulky shopping online and get it delivered. I have done this ever since I had my back operations 16 years ago. It’s impossible to get delivery slots now. I understand why they’re prioritising those who are vulnerable, but I can’t help being a little frustrated that as one of their longest using regular customers I can’t even secure a slot say once a month. That sounds dreadfully selfish, doesn’t it... :(

My daily walks take me past a little pond and I have been diligently watching a nesting moorhen. The chicks hatched 12 days ago and all 8 are thriving still which I find amazing in a suburban area with cats and foxes.

Mr Mallard was sharing the plank of wood that the chicks like to stand on today. He’s a bit heavier than a chick :D

BF976879-72EE-456E-9A88-89EE2224AFE8.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Not all owls are nocturnal. There are many day flying owl species around the world :)
Yes. This one I've only been hearing recently. Must have recently decided to take up house keeping close to my home. My son's girlfriend heard it with me around 11 AM. This time of year I always see a lot of birds not normally seen in Ohio so I'm having a lot of different strange bird encounters. I wish I could identify them better. Even with my books it's hard except for the ones I've absolutely identified over the years. Some I know from their song. It's funny that cardinals have a little different song here then they do in Florida. I call it their southern drawl. And I do know when I'm seeing a cardinal or a tanager.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning everyone. Life is keeping me occupied here. I braved the big supermarket yesterday. I had a 15 minute queue to get in. It was all a bit stressful and they didn’t have everything I needed, so I had to brave the our town’s other big supermarket today. The second one was only a ten minute queue and a more pleasant atmosphere inside. I wouldn’t have been able to get everything just visiting that one either though. Hopefully, I can manage just using the local small shops for the next few weeks now though.

I usually do my bulky shopping online and get it delivered. I have done this ever since I had my back operations 16 years ago. It’s impossible to get delivery slots now. I understand why they’re prioritising those who are vulnerable, but I can’t help being a little frustrated that as one of their longest using regular customers I can’t even secure a slot say once a month. That sounds dreadfully selfish, doesn’t it... :(

My daily walks take me past a little pond and I have been diligently watching a nesting moorhen. The chicks hatched 12 days ago and all 8 are thriving still which I find amazing in a suburban area with cats and foxes.

Mr Mallard was sharing the plank of wood that the chicks like to stand on today. He’s a bit heavier than a chick :D

View attachment 291981
That's what I went through with online shopping. I am going to use it for heavy things though, especially after this lets up a bit. Maybe those companies will get more prepared in the meantime. I just really don't want our stores to close though. I don't really like leaving home but it gets me out walking. Also, I like to see what I'm buying. I usually enjoy the people and those stores give people jobs. Sometimes I find something cheap cheap.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 291981
They are playing on a teeter totter.☺

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Afternoon All

We made a quick trip to Home Depot this morning for some critical soil I needed to plant up some beautiful Florida bred n born cactus pads. (Tks @Ray--Opo ) Pix in a follow-up.

Was a small line of about 10 to enter, they were only letting in 100 at a time, but luckily we only waited a minute or two to enter. Got a few bags of organic planter “soil” and another large bag of garden soil. Ogh, they had Milorganite as well. Two bags in the cart. All the employees were wearing masks. The checkout a bit disorganized but “ok”. Seems silly though to be “outside” in the garden center but having to go back inside in a queue to “check out”. Blame it on Corporate.

They were selling toilet paper as well at the check out.....seemed to have many boxes, but limited per person to 6 rolls.

Cactus Pads Planted

36681407-3834-4701-B9D6-B0C3EC55A49F.jpeg5C5657B8-D20D-4104-B1CB-0D3493D1F1B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We have 4 plants from those. It was by accident. Rose blended up a bunch of vegetation that is collected over a week or so from preparing meals and Opo's food that has sat for a day or 2. After blending she pours around our yr old fruit trees.
There must have been some tomato seeds in on of her blends.
About a month ago we had tomato plants growing.
That's what happened with me. It was a total accident. They even wintered over in Ohio. I went out to get things ready for planting new tomato plants and decided just to thin them out. See what happens? They did so much better then what I thought they would.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good
Sun is out, but chilly, breezy & cold. Makes for some good manual gardening weather, not so much for the plants, seeds (on hold). April is turning out to be the coldest month since November “chills” & frosts. Grass n weeds are loving it.
its storming here again.. I went out in the rain to check on Pickles yard. I have redone it once already and it has grass but it’s still in the baby stage.. as soon as I stepped into the yard, Pickles lumbered out of the box to come play in the rain.. anyway, I put up some rain blocks to divert the flow and I think it will be ok...hope it will anyway