COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
You are here oh no!!!! Now I have to stay up and play. How about Duke and his Lady? Or did you name her yet?
CA68EFDE-E1F7-4BE9-82FB-8181CA7E3B89.jpegC5034322-8361-4155-AF2D-2DC8C664D752.jpeg
She’s doing just fine. I haven’t named her yet. Still calling her rig dog or Rigsy... she stinks no longer and I’ve got to make a vet appointment for her soon. She is very content to be right here though.. my son Really likes her ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Tick.
Tock.
Tis late.
I'm off to count my toes.
May take a while, so I'll not see you all in a bit or two
Nos da, Roommates, old and new
Or old and young
Old but still sprightly
Whatever
Nos da!
Sleep tight. I won’t be far behind I think.

“Nos Da” brings Lyn to mind.. I miss her too:)

Good night!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tick.
Tock.
Tis late.
Or old and young
Old but still sprightly
Whatever
Nos da!
That sucks. But I guess we all have to sleep sometimes. Goodnight.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 302208View attachment 302209
She’s doing just fine. I haven’t named her yet. Still calling her rig dog or Rigsy... she stinks no longer and I’ve got to make a vet appointment for her soon. She is very content to be right here though.. my son Really likes her ?
So she got over the bath ordeal pretty quick... Next thing you know the little princess will demand one and be floating around in the pool with all of you.?

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Tick.
Tock.
Tis late.
Or old and young
Old but still sprightly
Whatever
Nos da!
When you return if I may be so presumptuous as to ask could you indulge my curiosity and tell me about Tidgy?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Anyways it’s 3:02am for me.
so I’m going to curl up and catch some ZzZzZzZzZzZz.
I got a kitty curled up on my arm lol.
Good night everyone. Take care and stay safe.
chat laters ??☺️☺️
Good night tomorrow will be fun. Sweet dreams with your little one.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So she got over the bath ordeal pretty quick... Next thing you know the little princess will demand one and be floating around in the pool with all of you.?
I don’t think I can handle another like Cinder. She’s more than enough.

Well.. I think I’m done now.. sleep tight everyone.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Well my weekend has been a very busy weekend. I have started on my empty wine bottle wall around the torts enclosure. And it does not look too bad even if I say so myself. Adnd Kahli has been getting acquainted wit her new digs. She does give me the run around and I have to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes looking for her, she hides very well.

At first I was worried that she was not eating. But I moved her food ledge to the side that she seems to be favouring and this morning I saw that quite a bit of her crested gecko food was gone. Yayyy she is eating. She has eaten a waxworm, and I think a Dubia roach (I cannot be sure on this one as I did not see her eat it) . And I don't think she likes the Turkistan roaches.

So here is a pic of the wall, it is not completed and I have to fix up some of the cement work and make it look neater. And I still have to put another two or three levels on as well.

View attachment 302108

And here are a few pics of Kahli, just to share, because I can:

View attachment 302109
View attachment 302110
View attachment 302111
View attachment 302112

How stunning!!!!
Reptiles just amaze me sometimes and this is one of those times. What a beautiful pet you have and how interesting ?
I also love your wine bottle wall!!!
You drank all of that yourself?!?!?!?!?
What about the torts??
Don’t they get any?? ??
? + ??= ????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Tis okay!
Most places here have electricity. In the South, where this particular Kasbah is located (there are thousands) many of the smaller towns, villages and farmsteads have solar panels. Morocco is very much at the forefront of renewable development and usage. Many rural places do still get their water from springs or wells, though. It's great fun going down the hill with your donkey with water barrels on its sides, to fill them up from the well. For the first week. Then it becomes a tad irksome.
These old kasbahs and the surrounding houses are built from wattle and daub - effectively mud and straw, so, every time it rains, which isn't too often, they dissolve a little more. The one I showed is Ait Benhaddou, here you can see the houses from a distance leading up the the kasbah.
View attachment 302176
Only a handful of families live here now, though many of the buildings are shops and cafes for the tourists.
The rest of the locals live in the modern concrete buildings on the other side of the river.
View attachment 302177
Many towns are like this. Here is Tinejdad where you can see the empty, abandoned wattle and daub buildings in the foreground, slowly dissolving in the rain, and behind them, the occupied,modern concrete new town.
View attachment 302180

I could listen to your stories (and pics) FOR HOURS!!!! But I don’t want to take you away from wifey...
wow how amazing your life is compared to mine. Mine stinks! My views are of the neighbors kids and baby pools.. skunks ?
and a very small and meek vegetable garden I decided to grow myself this year..
I can’t believe a pumpkin ACTUALLY came out!!! ? .... ok... SOME things are good here.... but not many. ?
That’s why I like to live vicariously through all of you and your beautiful settings. It’s like I have opened the door to OZ???
I am so happy that I have found this cold dark room.. how ironically weird it might happen to be..?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
View attachment 302208View attachment 302209

I am so happy for the both of you!!!
Best wishes for a happy future together.
?❤️???

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
All of you who are fairly new here should read Adam's version of Esio Trot...he's a story teller extraordinaire...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello all,

The news about our dear Bee really knocked me back this morning :( It’s been hard to brace myself to enter the CDR. I hope someone has given Chilly and Willy a good hug; they must be so upset :(

As for me, I have been phenomenally busy. I have had lots of school governor stuff despite my term of office ending at the end of this month.

At the rescue I have been doing extra shifts as we are so short of volunteers due to people having to self isolate, protect someone in their family or having children not in school. It’s hard work and I am so tired after a shift.

Today, I did have the pleasure of feeding a young Kestrel. A small bird of prey that hunts mice and voles. He is all eyes and feet at the moment
View attachment 302156
I have also been making face masks and selling the, to raise funds for the rescue. I also made and sold some for my friend’s Guinea Pig Rescue. To date I have sold 230 masks raising over £900 for my wildlife rescue and £275 for my friend’s rescue.

I am sorry I have been absent so long. Life has simply got in the way. I can’t promise things quietening down any time soon, but I will try not to be so neglectful of my CDR friends.
Glad that you are okay. I did see some posts on your nothomeagain instagram. So knew that you were still okay. Well done on the masks and raising of funds. They look really great. And when you get home after a shift, go sit on an armadillo, put your feet up, Willy and Chilly will come and rub your feet and Montgomery will bring you a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and maybe even a shot of brandy in it too.