COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Nothing happened here.. (from the hurricane..). A bit of rain yesterday.. nothing abnormal..

Got daughter scheduled for surgery at the Texas orthopedic hospital in Houston on Tuesday. Will probably be laid up with her for a week over there. It’s going to be a Long surgery but the think they can fix some things. There will undoubtedly be other surgeries to fix some of the things that must be done just to get her arm function back. We don’t care. We are ecstatic that she may get some use of her arm back and scared to death that she may not.. At least it’s a possibility now.. We are still going through with our halloweeen party and any talk of the accident is banned for the day. We are putting it aside and enjoying the day .. I think I may start early:))
( what else is new??) LOL!! Good night folks!
I still haven't found the posts about what happened yet but it's obviously pretty serious. :(
I hope all goes well for her and surgery is successful.
Thinking of you all.

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I still haven't found the posts about what happened yet but it's obviously pretty serious. :(
I hope all goes well for her and surgery is successful.
Thinking of you all.
We have a rule that we don’t talk about it today:) but since I’m not talking I’ll tell you that she was accidentally shot by a young man at very close range with a high powered rifle. It almost severed her arm at her shoulder and we are trying to get some function back and save her arm. Possibilities are looking better!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
We've got Storm Aiden passing through this weekend ( I don't know why they've skipped to 'A' again I'm sure I haven't missed that many storms!) so very wet and windy tomorrow - next dry day will be Tues.
Well I hope you can be cozy indoors.. enjow our All Hallows’ eve holiday ( do y’all celebrate that? ) with some hot cocoa and warm marshmallows!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I actually woke up at
It was really beautiful this morning. Even though it was cold and the whole sky was covered with dark clouds, it was sunny and bright. It's supposed to freeze tonight for the first time. I'll bet if we have the same tonight into morning, we'll wake up to our first snow fall of the season.?
I actually woke up at 3 am. Well...we got a good frost. The pilot light on the furnace went out though and my WiFi temp thingy decided to have a doo doo. Sooo... I was busy trying to get the furnace up and running. Razberri thought "oh this is different and fun!" And got her 3 cents in so I'm tired.?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Autumn is definitely here now following Zeta. Sun popped out....but it’s chilly, blustery. We spent time tiday working on the Ships galley box. Lots of scraping of old varnish & paint.

Sully happily munching away on banana leaves, corn husks & kale. Enjoying his indoor time. “Sunny” & warm. It’s 90 in his area, 50 outside.
Corn husks??? You mean like from corn stalks? I wonder if it's an acquired taste. Maybe winter fodder for Mary Knobbins

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nothing happened here.. (from the hurricane..). A bit of rain yesterday.. nothing abnormal..

Got daughter scheduled for surgery at the Texas orthopedic hospital in Houston on Tuesday. Will probably be laid up with her for a week over there. It’s going to be a Long surgery but the think they can fix some things. There will undoubtedly be other surgeries to fix some of the things that must be done just to get her arm function back. We don’t care. We are ecstatic that she may get some use of her arm back and scared to death that she may not.. At least it’s a possibility now.. We are still going through with our halloweeen party and any talk of the accident is banned for the day. We are putting it aside and enjoying the day .. I think I may start early:))
( what else is new??) LOL!! Good night folks!
Good luck in Houston. I have faith she will get use of her arm again. When I started out in therapy, because of the damage to my arm,shoulder and broken and dislocated collarbone. I couldn't move my arm at all in any direction. Now I have full range after a few operations and lots of therapy. With Jess being so young. I think she will bounce back quickly.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good luck in Houston. I have faith she will get use of her arm again. When I started out in therapy, because of the damage to my arm,shoulder and broken and dislocated collarbone. I couldn't move my arm at all in any direction. Now I have full range after a few operations and lots of therapy. With Jess being so young. I think she will bounce back quickly.
thank you Ray!
Happy Halloween!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
We have a rule that we don’t talk about it today:) but since I’m not talking I’ll tell you that she was accidentally shot by a young man at very close range with a high powered rifle. It almost severed her arm at her shoulder and we are trying to get some function back and save her arm. Possibilities are looking better!
Oh I am so sorry, Heather. What a terrible thing to have happened. She will be in my thoughts and I sincerely hope they can help her.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Baaaaaaack from a day trip over to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. Wifey’s birthday today so we made a day out to the beach, had some boardwalk fries, walked the beach. On the way back a stop for some farm-house fresh ice cream.

The Beach

View attachment 310225

and dunes.

View attachment 310226
That's my kind of birthday!
Sounds lovely.
Happy birthday to Wifey!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I actually woke up at

I actually woke up at 3 am. Well...we got a good frost. The pilot light on the furnace went out though and my WiFi temp thingy decided to have a doo doo. Sooo... I was busy trying to get the furnace up and running. Razberri thought "oh this is different and fun!" And got her 3 cents in so I'm tired.?
Stay warm Cathie!
I've been awake all night so gave up and got up at 05.45.
I think the quiet young men next door have moved out and I was worrying about who I could end up with next.
The family before them were druggies and a nightmare (their grown up sons used to pee out of an upstairs window which is near my bedroom window) So hope the next tenants are quiet and OK.

I'm still house hunting but not found anything yet, it just makes me realise that moving is the right thing to do. I couldn't handle being sandwiched between 2 lots of neighbours from hell again.