COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Take a look at pix and description of Northern Flicker

I was thinking flicker of some kind. It's not a big bird. S/he has a yellowish head. The underside is creamy off white. The upper body has larger black stripes with smaller white stripes horizontally. The tail is larger black and white stripes. I know the darling loves my tree.? For now s/he's a daily visitor.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello everyone, thought after the election things would calm down. Well 10 more weeks before sanity.
I am going to get in trouble!( sorry moderators) but this is funny. No matter who you are. That's what we like here on the CDR. Funny!!!!!!!

Yes we do. And I watched it. ? But sometimes my phone sticks my last utube song on my phone's lockscreen after I watch it on TFO. I usually restart my phone and get back my little Arrow pic. Whether I like it or not it's my phone not utubes.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Back at you! You need it more!! Hope Jess is doing well. A buddy of mines daughter just got her second liver so hope it holds! This year sucks
Bless her ... that sucks.. I will say some extra prayers for her and the family..

Jess is starting to turn around. We have been here 8 days and after 3 surgeries, we may get to go home tomorrow. She will be back on the operating table next week but we hope that’s just routine closure and a short stay.

Cinder made her a friend on the concrete river walk.. Max is a 3 year old husky who was rescued a couple days ago and moved into the apartments just down the street. We see him and his owner frequently on walks and now Cinder will just plop her fat A$$ down on the walkway and watch for him. She expects to see him!! Lol.. Gorgeous red/ chocolate husky with bright blue eyes.. His owner Judy was pretty nice too:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Bless her ... that sucks.. I will say some extra prayers for her and the family..

Jess is starting to turn around. We have been here 8 days and after 3 surgeries, we may get to go home tomorrow. She will be back on the operating table next week but we hope that’s just routine closure and a short stay.

Cinder made her a friend on the concrete river walk.. Max is a 3 year old husky who was rescued a couple days ago and moved into the apartments just down the street. We see him and his owner frequently on walks and now Cinder will just plop her fat A$$ down on the walkway and watch for him. She expects to see him!! Lol.. Gorgeous red/ chocolate husky with bright blue eyes.. His owner Judy was pretty nice too:)
Well at least you all can have some lovely company on your journey. I had to go shopping today and a lady and I got talking. It was in passing but still nice. People not from Ohio feel strange because strangers wave at them here. I would feel strange if they don't.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Back at you! You need it more!! Hope Jess is doing well. A buddy of mines daughter just got her second liver so hope it holds! This year sucks
Well... another on my list of prayers.? Thank God my son hasn't needed one yet but he's on the list just in case. So she'll be in my thoughts.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't wanna go outside! Please don't make me!! It's COLD out there. ***Yvonne digs her fingernails into the door jamb as she's being pulled outside***
That will be me tomorrow.eeek!!! I HATE being cold. The weather guys said it's downhill for a day or two.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Hope everything goes well with Jess.
She is still in our prayers. ????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
In Oregon it rains for 7 months a year, including snow and ice. We have been diagnosed with a disease called S.A.D. Seasonal affected disorder. So there's a whole group of us Oregonians who use UVB bulbs for 4 or 5 hours a week, just sitting under the bulb, and it does make us feel better. Well, maybe not US, but a buncha Oregonians say it works.

you changed your picture up top???
No wonder I couldn’t find you!!!
How ya doin’ kid?
Sorry to break into the thread....?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ok. Where am I? Hopefully I'm on this thread this time. Hello ? Chefdenoel.

HEELLLLIOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
My dear friend how’s everything going with you?
I’ve missed you !!!!
Work tackled me... and I lost..?
I have been told to quarantine till further notice. So I can work from home again...
Stupid covid...make up yer mind already!!!
??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
HEELLLLIOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
My dear friend how’s everything going with you?
I’ve missed you !!!!
Work tackled me... and I lost..?
I have been told to quarantine till further notice. So I can work from home again...
Stupid covid...make up yer mind already!!!
??
Nice. We'll share some recipes again with all your so called time out.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning!!! Beautiful day here in the city!!! Jess had a much more comfortable night. I took Cinder out for a walk this morning on the concrete river walk.. ( You can tell I’m not from the city) i was amazed to see that the concrete river actually has an abundant amount of fish in it.. ?
View attachment 310490
View attachment 310490View attachment 310491View attachment 310490View attachment 310492

I’m late .... but I’m here!!
And I’m still pray in’ ??????❤️❤️❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Nice. We'll share some recipes again with all your so called time out.?

yes of course!
Ask me anything !
I am wondering if I can cook for my mom and family this years thanksgiving??
It was my plan but every day the government seems to close us down more and more each day.
If I go and buy all the food and can’t go there..... somebody gonna git a lickin’ !

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
We are enjoying wonderful temps these last few days. Just too nice to work on the deck, so I rounded up a few friends and headed to the water. Autumnal colors are peaking now - 70’s and blue skies, fair winds.
View attachment 310592
The rest I’ll make you click the thumbnail pix!

I am sorry maro2bear.... but I am using that first “big” picture for my Christmas cards!!
That is FANTASTIC!!!!!
A professional shot in every way!!!
What the *,*?+. Kind a phone do you have?
It can’t be an Apple?
Thanks for all the great shots!
They keep me dreaming of moving one day...

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It is a glorious autumn day here in Kent. We went for a walk at a local country park which has former gravel pits as lakes and the River Medway alongside. The bird is a Jay, the most colourful member of the corvid (crow) family.
View attachment 310630
View attachment 310631View attachment 310632View attachment 310633View attachment 310634View attachment 310635View attachment 310636View attachment 310637
Absolutely stunning!!!!
Are these pictures real life that you took??
Wow!
I could live amongst the trees like a gorilla ?!!!!!!
Simply gorgeous...!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
yes of course!
Ask me anything !
I am wondering if I can cook for my mom and family this years thanksgiving??
It was my plan but every day the government seems to close us down more and more each day.
If I go and buy all the food and can’t go there..... somebody gonna git a lickin’ !
My county is level 3 now. Most of my family is older with health issues. The rest of us just avoid each other so... we'll be ok.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey