COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Take a look at pix and description of Northern Flicker

After looking more into it, I think she is a juvenile Northern Flicker. I haven't seen nor heard her today. It was frosty then cold last night and today. I don't know if they winter over here.?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
After looking more into it, I think she is a juvenile Northern Flicker. I haven't seen nor heard her today. It was frosty then cold last night and today. I don't know if they winter over here.?

Yep - they are year-round residents in most of the USA. Here’s the range map. Ohio is year round.

D9499E7D-5715-4EBF-B412-A8A3EFE2342E.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I am so sorry for your loss..
They are in a better place now.
it is us here on earth that feel the pain. Not them.... ❤?❤?❤?❤???
Thank you. ? But in my heart I knew this was coming for a while now. I just had to finally admit it. Not always the easiest thing to do.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Last time I mentioned it Linda slapped my hand and said she'd get to it in good time. . . well, folks, there are only 42 more days until Christmas. That doesn't give us much time for the cards that go across the ocean.
Oh Well, Christmas will just be extended again. Unless everybody wants to do digital Christmas cards this year?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
OK thanks Carol. Feeling a bit like Goldilocks. I had the first dressing removed on Monday - they thought the wound was looking too wet so went back again today. This time it was too dry, so I have another dressing which should soften all the dried blood etc to make it easier to remove. Maybe next time it will just right.
They said the graft was looking fine in the middle but looks like the skin has died around the edge. Disappointed about that and have to go again on Tuesday to see what will happen next. I may be wearing a mask long after covid has been kicked into touch!
Oh dear. Why can things not just go smoothly? I sometimes think that there are just too many "tests"being given. I really hope that it is just right as well and that it all heals up without a mark for anybody to see. with regards to the mask, if you are going to have to wear it on a constant basis then you might as well get a nice face design you which starts under the nose and wear that. Then you can pretend that is what you now look like after having plastic surgery. ?;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So sorry about Milly, not an easy decision to make but even harder to see them struggling.:(
Thank you and yes I agree. I didn't want to let her go initially because I did not think that it was time, but as soon as she showed any pain despite being on pain meds and the VET told me they were not helping then it made the decision much easier. Easier to make, not easy to handle though. But they gave her the injection and no sooner did it go into her and she was gone. Someone told that, that in itself was a sign that it was time and she was more than ready to go and meet her brother.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'll be using last year's list too, and maybe send cards on Monday.
okay I agree. Except Mark could I please also get your address, as I would like to send you a card as well. And Chefdenoel10, if you could pm me your address as well, I would like to add you to my list please.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Mornoooning Everyone.

It is a beautiful sunny day again, even though it is windy as well.

So very glad it is Friday today. Yayyyyyyy.

It is my nephews birthday today. He turns 7. So there will be a party and some cake and I feel the need for some cake today. Yummy. Although the presents won't be mine, ;) I can still enjoy them. I am busy watching glow up. I love seeing how they do the make-up. Personally I don't wear make up but it is still very interesting how they do it. I especially like it when they do it with prosthetic.

For all of those who are healing, get better soon. And Everybody enjoy your weekends.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh no, am I correct in thinking that you might have the dreaded covid? Hopefully if you do, it does not affect you too badly but it would be better if you did not. Good Luck with the wait and or quarantining.

No no my dear I’m sorry I miss spoke .
we were called to go back to work ..
it was slow in the beginning but then it started to pick up and then it got really busy and right in the middle of the busy time .......they closed the building
down and said we needed to go home and quarantine once again until further notice.?
Three people in our building HAD covid! ?
Governor of NJ is closing us down one by one again. Says there is an
“Up tick” in covid cases???
I don’t have covid (thank god)
But if I did..... it could get me out of cleaning duties and fixing things around the dam house!!
I can’t sit still!!???
When we go back to work for good I will probably complain that I never get a chance to sit or relax! ???