COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good evening all hope everyone is well - and that those of you who aren't are feeling better.
I've been awol for a short while again - not for any particular reason just spent less time on my PC lately.
I've made a start on catching up with you all so will carry on with that now.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning all. I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself because I have earache Hopefully it will clear of its own accord.
Hope the earache has cleared up by now Linda but if it comes back get tested for covid.
It's not a symptom that is mentioned much but one of my sister's friends was hospitalised for months and has been left badly affected by covid which started with an earache.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We actually had a couple inches or so lately sooo...I put bird seed out and a new suet feeder. Now I have a bird war going on. The little woodpecker already declared the suet feeder is his. It was funny because I got a couple of junkos today and they like it too. I could here him protesting from the rooftop.?
I had to shore up the feeder to get a better picture. Of course the word should have been hear but... wellIMG_20201210_134115984.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening all hope everyone is well - and that those of you who aren't are feeling better.
I've been awol for a short while again - not for any particular reason just spent less time on my PC lately.
I've made a start on catching up with you all so will carry on with that now.
Hello. ❤️

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy Thanksgiving to all those of you who celebrate.

We have turkey and all the trimmings at Christmas... do you repeat the meal at Christmas or do something different?

As expected we are in the highest covid tier. Restaurants won’t reopen next week after national lockdown ends. It also removes all prospect of seeing our parents again this year.

The only time I was able to see my Mum this year was in October. We saw the in-laws in June and haven’t seen them since because MiLs anxiety meant they banned us from even going in the garden

My Mum is also in Tier 3, the in laws are step down in Tier 2. Son is also Tier 2 in London.

We have a 5 day amnesty December 23rd-27th but that isn’t going help us see our parents as it’s just too far and we’d have to spend Christmas in a hotel.

No idea whether son will come home for Christmas. It’s entirely possible he won’t. He moved in with his girlfriend a month back so they’ll work out what’s best for them :)
It's very sad for families who can't get together but It's just too risky to let down our guard now.:(
I've invited my nephew for Xmas lunch but he is very cautious and I think he wants to stay in his flat this year and that's fine with me because I worry about getting it too. If I catch covid and end up in hospital there'll be no one to look after Lola!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Was I drunk when I typed that?

Let me translate...

She wouldn’t want us to be sad though. There’s a huge Sabine shaped hole in the CDR and our hearts x

I can hear Sabine laughing at me :D
In the short time that I had with Sabine every single memory makes me smile.?or laugh. She was a very kind person too. She always tried to make me feel welcome. Once she thought she had hurt my feelings by something she quoted to me. The truth is I loved seeing a quote to me from her! I didn't care what it said. I knew it couldn't be nasty and I'd just have to figure out what she was trying to say.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I've made a good start on all your posts but a telephone call interrupted me so I still have about 15 pages to go. However it's 1.45 am here now so way past my bedtime.
I'll carry on tomorrow but until then Nos Da!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hope the earache has cleared up by now Linda but if it comes back get tested for covid.
It's not a symptom that is mentioned much but one of my sister's friends was hospitalised for months and has been left badly affected by covid which started with an earache.
I have had 3 covid tests - all negative. The ZOE app seems to call me up once a month. The last one was on Tuesday :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all.

It’s Christmas Jumper day today here in the UK, so here’s mine
CAA1C6EA-7A10-4B86-B269-BCCD5BC23116.jpeg
Daughter has today and Monday booked off work because we were supposed to be travelling up North for my Mum’s birthday. That’s not happening so we are going to put up the Christmas decorations instead. Photos later ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all.

It’s Christmas Jumper day today here in the UK, so here’s mine
View attachment 312780
Daughter has today and Monday booked off work because we were supposed to be travelling up North for my Mum’s birthday. That’s not happening so we are going to put up the Christmas decorations instead. Photos later ?
LUV the sweater!!! Too cute!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
0E4DE539-026A-4B8D-9C47-C61F1D9E50B1.jpeg
Well here’s the tree. It’s a very environmentally friendly fake tree doing it’s 26th Christmas for us. The decorations are an eclectic mix. Most hold memories in some way ?

The other big conservatory plants get decorated too ?
8BE07D0B-BBA8-4DCE-B11D-A1D67A7503CC.jpeg
I did a little video to show you the panoramic view. I have candles on the windowsills and it all looks very twinkly after dark with the reflections in the glass when they’re lit.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
View attachment 312789
Well here’s the tree. It’s a very environmentally friendly fake tree doing it’s 26th Christmas for us. The decorations are an eclectic mix. Most hold memories in some way ?

The other big conservatory plants get decorated too ?
View attachment 312790
I did a little video to show you the panoramic view. I have candles on the windowsills and it all looks very twinkly after dark with the reflections in the glass when they’re lit.
Beautiful! I may try to get up in the attic tomorrow to get mine down.