Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ok kids, back from my early morning kayaking adventure. Really nice and clear. Blue sky. Sunny & bright. No wind.
Saw a bunch of different birds, including many Bald Eagles. Got some great early morning, very still photos...ogh, the water is now officially “cold”. I paddled through large sections of water that had already iced over. Not thick. But enough to make it hard to oaddle through.

Here’s one representative photo of today’s trip. Ok, maybe three.

D7573865-59D2-42A1-BB5E-558C77C443AA.jpeg

EE7C857E-5EAF-436C-A1CD-BFAFDA57AF0D.jpeg

ACE575BB-BA9B-463E-9572-75F01FC1B148.jpeg

Enjoy the rest of your evenings and days!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
be safe!
Don’t go hanging out any window to fix anything right now... no injuries for Christmas during covid.!!!
hey... you know?..... that was weird even just to say that!
anyway, please keep safe.
Just collect that rain water in a bucket and use it to shine your torts shell or feed your indoor plants with nice rain water....?
Turns out what I thought was a crack in the tile was actually the edge of some lead flashing so noting to fix that I could find. Will have to get a roofer out after the holidays to check further up. So no acrobatics out of windows for me after all, but thank you so much for your concern.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Blackdog,
I will do just that.
I didn’t mind being home for Christmas as it is going to be bad weather Christmas Eve and Christmas Day....
It was just that..... I cared so much to
“Believe” In the miracle of Christmas.
And first chance all the ones I helped....
Dumped me like a hot friggin potato!
As to say...well I guess I’ll stay here... oh but Bobby-jo just asked me over......
Well I don’t want to be ANYONES second choice!
I will never care if anyone is alone for a holiday again!
These are the times I miss my dad.??
He would have never let me be alone.
He would have dumped all those
“Rotters” and come to my house so I was not alone....
What a GREAT dad he was.. ?
Could it be that they think they were putting you to a lot of trouble and that you'd be glad of not having to help? It is pretty thoughtless of them not to consider your Xmas though.:(
I miss my Dad too - he died on Xmas Eve 32 years ago and Xmas has not been the same since.
He loved Xmas though and would hate the thought of spoiling our day.
Also miss my Mum too - her Xmas lunches are legendary and we all still talk about them and all the work she put into the day.
I've since lost my eldest sister and this is our first Xmas without my brother, but I have such lovely memories of all our Christmases together when we were a family of 8.
I think there will be many people having a different sort of Xmas this year, but I hope it will be a healthy and peaceful time for everyone even if its not as happy as usual.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
i agree. And now after planning my little heart out so that NO ONE was going to be alone on Christmas Day....
They’ve all up and made plans without including me. Telling me at the last minute tonight. No time fir me to make a “plan C” for myself!!! ?
I will be all alone on Christmas Day ☹?
See what happens to “ Nice” people!?!
Any ideas on what to do alone????
The tv says on all or most of the channels that it a marathon of crappy movies..AGAIN.
Harry potter
The one with the “leg lamp”.
rocky
and some others.
Please know that these are not crappy movies. But to play them ALL DAY LONG OVER AND OVER is a bit much...24 hrs of the same movie on different channels is not my way of celebrating Christmas tv.
?
Us sillys will be here. So no worries. Just make them quarantine before they come back through your door ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all.

I thought I’d share some Christmas baking with you. The electronic version is calorie free so tuck in ;)

Christmas Cake (fruit cake) baked by daughter a couple of months back and decorated yesterday. It’s been maturing and fed with brandy weekly. The colours don’t show well in my photo; those trees are a darker green than that! And there are sparkly stars on the “snow”

Yule log (chocolate swiss roll filled and covered with buttercream) made and decorated by daughter yesterday
View attachment 313689

Christmas Cake (fruit cake) baked by daughter a couple of months back and decorated yesterday. It’s been maturing and fed with brandy weekly. The colours don’t show well in my photo; those trees are a darker green than that! And there are sparkly stars on the “snow”
View attachment 313688

Mince pies baked by me with homemade mincemeat. They’re great warm or cold and particularly good with brandy cream. I make a cheat’s version which is simply mascarpone mixed with dark muscovado sugar and a little brandy.
View attachment 313690
View attachment 313691
Looks like a lovely feast of desserts for starters ? we're allowed cause we're adults.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I forgot to introduce y’all to our newest house guest! Kevin has been living in the plant in my bathroom for 5 days now.. I suspect it’s been since I brought the great Aloe inside for winter.. I have fed him a couple crickets and he seems pretty content. The doggie door is right there so he could leave if he chose. I saw him crawling on the shower wall one day so I know he is exploring some.. View attachment 313753
I will leave him be and hope any human guests don’t get “surprised”.. LOL
? You might put up a be aware sign on the bathroom door to keep him safer.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ok kids, back from my early morning kayaking adventure. Really nice and clear. Blue sky. Sunny & bright. No wind.
Saw a bunch of different birds, including many Bald Eagles. Got some great early morning, very still photos...ogh, the water is now officially “cold”. I paddled through large sections of water that had already iced over. Not thick. But enough to make it hard to oaddle through.

Here’s one representative photo of today’s trip. Ok, maybe three.

View attachment 313767

View attachment 313768

View attachment 313769

Enjoy the rest of your evenings and days!

when and IF you ever retire you MUST become a photographer!!!!
I insist!!!
I want these photos made into a calendar!
You have such a great eye!
Which one do you use?
The left one or the right? ????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Could it be that they think they were putting you to a lot of trouble and that you'd be glad of not having to help? It is pretty thoughtless of them not to consider your Xmas though.:(
I miss my Dad too - he died on Xmas Eve 32 years ago and Xmas has not been the same since.
He loved Xmas though and would hate the thought of spoiling our day.
Also miss my Mum too - her Xmas lunches are legendary and we all still talk about them and all the work she put into the day.
I've since lost my eldest sister and this is our first Xmas without my brother, but I have such lovely memories of all our Christmases together when we were a family of 8.
I think there will be many people having a different sort of Xmas this year, but I hope it will be a healthy and peaceful time for everyone even if its not as happy as usual.

I do the same too. I remember all the treasured times. Boy I had a lot of wonderful Christmases... sad though..
People this year have to go through what we are feeling for their first time.
I wish them all peace and healing soon.
As I wish for you too..
How can one holiday be 1/2 happy and then 1/2 so sad??
This is why shrinks make a lot of money!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
For you UK folks ordering online.........be careful how & what you select. ??

View attachment 313811

omg!! You didn’t???
lmao!!
?????
I needed that.
Sorry for your pain but ... well.... at least you won’t get kicked outta bed tonight?
(Maybe just rolled to the other side.)
Hahahaha ???????