COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Bleh! People stink and I am reminded on a daily basis. Always depend on them to do nothing and wait to be amazed, although you won't be let down ?
Now for movies it is difficult
Harry Potters now must be watched in order, but not all on the same day.
What about Middle Earth and not that Smog poop! I mean the original trilogy!!!!
Choose a favorite actor and try to find movies that the starred in (easy) cameos (tougher) or no speaking role (Toughest)
Or just keep checking in with us! I am off this weekend so I will be intermittent.... WE :<3::tort: and sometimes their keepers

Thanks Blackdog,
I will do just that.
I didn’t mind being home for Christmas as it is going to be bad weather Christmas Eve and Christmas Day....
It was just that..... I cared so much to
“Believe” In the miracle of Christmas.
And first chance all the ones I helped....
Dumped me like a hot friggin potato!
As to say...well I guess I’ll stay here... oh but Bobby-jo just asked me over......
Well I don’t want to be ANYONES second choice!
I will never care if anyone is alone for a holiday again!
These are the times I miss my dad.??
He would have never let me be alone.
He would have dumped all those
“Rotters” and come to my house so I was not alone....
What a GREAT dad he was.. ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all from a very, very soggy Wales!
I've just discovered a cracked roof slate which is letting in some water above my bathroom and I can't do a thing about it yet. I hope I'll be able to temp fix it until after the holidays with some roof seal by leaning out of a bedroom window with a long handled brush, but as its pouring down I can't even do that yet.
Also need to go and find some spare Xmas light bulbs as my old tree is in the dark at the moment.
Still Xmas pressie hunting for my Brother in law.
So much to do so little time!
Hope everyone has a good Weds!
Well that sucks!!! Wish I could help. Hopefully it won’t be a big deal ?. And then.... Relax.. Christmas is almost over.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all.

I thought I’d share some Christmas baking with you. The electronic version is calorie free so tuck in ;)

Christmas Cake (fruit cake) baked by daughter a couple of months back and decorated yesterday. It’s been maturing and fed with brandy weekly. The colours don’t show well in my photo; those trees are a darker green than that! And there are sparkly stars on the “snow”

Yule log (chocolate swiss roll filled and covered with buttercream) made and decorated by daughter yesterday
View attachment 313689

Christmas Cake (fruit cake) baked by daughter a couple of months back and decorated yesterday. It’s been maturing and fed with brandy weekly. The colours don’t show well in my photo; those trees are a darker green than that! And there are sparkly stars on the “snow”
View attachment 313688

Mince pies baked by me with homemade mincemeat. They’re great warm or cold and particularly good with brandy cream. I make a cheat’s version which is simply mascarpone mixed with dark muscovado sugar and a little brandy.
View attachment 313690
View attachment 313691
I would love to make this but I think it’s outside of my skill level ?. I am very envious of your talent!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
My sister will be alone, I will be alone, lonely neighbors and there's others. Maybe we could have a Zoom face time party...? This will be the first time in years that I don't put up a tree. But no room anymore, as I have turned into a pack rat, well, there's that and Christmas is simply no fun to celebrate alone. Christmas is a time for closeness with the family, Jesus, presents, church, laughter and good food. If a person doesn't have any part of that, the Christmas season is mostly lonely and somewhat painful. I've always put up my Dale Earnhardt tree, and bought myself a good present. This year I just want it all to be over and life to ge back to normal. Well, I've NEVER been normal...just sayin ?

me too!!!!
I just want to get through it...
I am so sorry you guys are alone too.
We should have a chat.... no zoom though.
No body gonna be here... why get dressed or makeuped? ??????
I am gonna go introduce myself to my liquor cabinet....?
HE shouldn’t be alone either???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
My sister will be alone, I will be alone, lonely neighbors and there's others. Maybe we could have a Zoom face time party...? This will be the first time in years that I don't put up a tree. But no room anymore, as I have turned into a pack rat, well, there's that and Christmas is simply no fun to celebrate alone. Christmas is a time for closeness with the family, Jesus, presents, church, laughter and good food. If a person doesn't have any part of that, the Christmas season is mostly lonely and somewhat painful. I've always put up my Dale Earnhardt tree, and bought myself a good present. This year I just want it all to be over and life to ge back to normal. Well, I've NEVER been normal...just sayin ?

looking back now... I wish I had not put up my tree either! No one came to see it!!!
Maybe on Christmas Day I’ll be taking it down.... that will keep me busy for hours!!

5C1935F5-27C5-4B8B-8A00-46B53B265678.jpegF2AE48B7-5D10-4319-A13F-29CAF1BFEFCF.jpeg0DC87C5E-31A9-4B73-87A5-6ABD50F4C115.jpegBBA2CC5C-9A11-4169-B70D-6FB0A59E054D.jpeg748682FE-8621-416A-8CC3-65F5533A8119.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hey Maggie, we can face time ( or Skype, or zoom, or whatever ) and share a not normal Christmas together! I have cut slot of work out of Christmas for myself this year.. I’m not doing presents for the ones I never see until Christmas.. I don’t want people doing that for me either.. I want barbecues and picnics year round snd then Christmas can be my day to be thankful for that!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
joesmum.....I love you.
Just that simple.
I have tried going to and calling local volunteer places but they either told me they have everyone they need (according to covid rules)... or are closed and have sent people away to churches.?? I thought churches were closed too?
oh..well..... I guess I’ll just watch the “leg lamp” movie 14 times.... ?????
We are all here for you Yvonne. You are never alone!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
looking back now... I wish I had not put up my tree either! No one came to see it!!!
Maybe on Christmas Day I’ll be taking it down.... that will keep me busy for hours!!
Awww! Look how beautiful.. make you a spiked hot cocoa and enjoy it! There are times I think I would kill for alone time!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
?

Attachments

• 28B64062-B3BB-4F7C-97B2-DC66882B27DC.jpeg
    28B64062-B3BB-4F7C-97B2-DC66882B27DC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • B0438110-6A4B-4BD5-B88E-3D404F6690FB.jpeg
    B0438110-6A4B-4BD5-B88E-3D404F6690FB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 1D15E6B9-B443-4B0F-870B-75BB12EE03C8.jpeg
    1D15E6B9-B443-4B0F-870B-75BB12EE03C8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • C45AE5E0-B490-4FC0-AF12-42571932044F.jpeg
    C45AE5E0-B490-4FC0-AF12-42571932044F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 2889BEDE-C7DD-4D35-AB3E-894E105D28AB.jpeg
    2889BEDE-C7DD-4D35-AB3E-894E105D28AB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 8A512167-190D-41DA-87F1-ADFA2A0A14C7.jpeg
    8A512167-190D-41DA-87F1-ADFA2A0A14C7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • A5B68DF2-CE14-41E6-9E3D-43A78FAA2E56.jpeg
    A5B68DF2-CE14-41E6-9E3D-43A78FAA2E56.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 76DFFCA5-6CB4-4E2B-ABE8-94F17E92DC32.jpeg
    76DFFCA5-6CB4-4E2B-ABE8-94F17E92DC32.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 7E6FEC34-5902-425F-B953-0EDC2FEB3C5D.jpeg
    7E6FEC34-5902-425F-B953-0EDC2FEB3C5D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 4122BDFB-F371-46CB-B32E-497947BC5998.jpeg
    4122BDFB-F371-46CB-B32E-497947BC5998.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 2E59F028-7603-437B-B46F-B645DCCC6484.jpeg
    2E59F028-7603-437B-B46F-B645DCCC6484.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • B8CD87E8-BA51-47F7-96D0-EC377FC73397.jpeg
    B8CD87E8-BA51-47F7-96D0-EC377FC73397.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Speak for yourself! I LOVE my aloneness. I'm ecstatic that I don't know my neighbors. Each day for me is just like the last - no holidays, no week-ends, and I LOVE it! I am totally happy to share my time with Misty and Poppy, and they keep me entertained and loved. I go to my daughter's house early Christmas morning and live in that chaos (two energetic great grandsons) for about an hour, and I can't wait to get out of there and back home. When I refer to myself as the troll who lives under the bridge, I mean it. And I'm happy with it. So don't feel sorry for me. I am alone of my own choosing.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
gorgeous!!! You HAVE got talent!!!!

I’m just out the shower now and I was thinking about it.
No more pity party for me!!!
I am SOOOOO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU!!!
I HAVE MUCH TO BE HAPPY ABOUT!

1- Jess is doin better
2- joesmum is on the mend and daughter too
3- Ray Opo got good news on his lungs
4- Carol is beating covid
5- so many others to name but I didn’t think you wanted me to go on....?
You name some...
6- my tort just pooped after holding it in for three days..?
7- I don’t have covid nor does my family..
8- I am warm,safe...and have food.
9- I will not be stuck out in the huge rain storm they predict for NY/NJ Christmas Eve and day. Calling for power outages too!?

I mean .... there is sooooooo much to be great full for!!
and why should I not enjoy my decorations myself?
I can get my groove on with Santa and some music ?....?
Hope he likes “white snake” .... just kidding. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Speak for yourself! I LOVE my aloneness. I'm ecstatic that I don't know my neighbors. Each day for me is just like the last - no holidays, no week-ends, and I LOVE it! I am totally happy to share my time with Misty and Poppy, and they keep me entertained and loved. I go to my daughter's house early Christmas morning and live in that chaos (two energetic great grandsons) for about an hour, and I can't wait to get out of there and back home. When I refer to myself as the troll who lives under the bridge, I mean it. And I'm happy with it. So don't feel sorry for me. I am alone of my own choosing.

you make me so jealous!!
Usually I love my alone time too but I figured Christmas is when my crap neighbors are gonna be loud .. and I am stuck listening to the noise..
Hhahahhh!! I love you Yvonne!
And I am great full that you are doing so much better too!!!!
???? oooooo..... you had me lol !!
??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I forgot to introduce y’all to our newest house guest! Kevin has been living in the plant in my bathroom for 5 days now.. I suspect it’s been since I brought the great Aloe inside for winter.. I have fed him a couple crickets and he seems pretty content. The doggie door is right there so he could leave if he chose. I saw him crawling on the shower wall one day so I know he is exploring some.. 17EBEC1C-F685-4FAD-A228-27E8E1700CD6.jpeg
I will leave him be and hope any human guests don’t get “surprised”.. LOL

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I forgot to introduce y’all to our newest house guest! Kevin has been living in the plant in my bathroom for 5 days now.. I suspect it’s been since I brought the great Aloe inside for winter.. I have fed him a couple crickets and he seems pretty content. The doggie door is right there so he could leave if he chose. I saw him crawling on the shower wall one day so I know he is exploring some.. View attachment 313753
I will leave him be and hope any human guests don’t get “surprised”.. LOL

why would he leave a “good thing”?
He has a shower, room service, and a bed...
He’d be crazy to leave all of that for the horrible world outside!!
I just hope he doesn’t surprise anyone coming out of the toilet??? ??