COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I most certainly do read all of your comments Maggie I may just be late in reading them but I do read them. I just thought it was proper etiquette to not correct your spelling. I wanted to leave it up to someone else. I guess that’s not being a good friend really is it?? ?
I was just giving Yvonne a hard time, not anyone else...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That is sooooo great Ray!!!!
You look AWESOME!!!!!
I’m rutting for you!!!!
Keep it up!!!!
What else is there to do during covid!??
You’re gonna get there in no time.
I have faith in you!!!!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
So does everyone on this forum!!
Thank you for the encouraging words!?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I loved your prank so much I'm going to do two brothers and a sister with it ?. We're siblings so all's fair in love and war. My brothers get bats and my sister gets butterflies. She'll probably get jealous cause she didn't get bats.?

That's so AWSOME!!
I hope you get your revenge!
Tell me all about it when it happens!
?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yvonne G or Yvonne chefdenoel?

see!!
That’s why I didn’t want to tell my name.
There is only ONE Yvonne on here and that’s the wonderful YvonneG.
I do not posses HALF of her knowledge
and wit!..
and if you hit me on the back of the head with a tack hammer It still wouldn’t change anything.. (except I’d have a different shape to my head?) ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I may have asked this before but I don't remember the answer : What's the reason the high end smart phones have three cameras
It gives the range of focal lengths to improve pictures. The lenses aren’t movable like they are in a camera, so it has more than one lens instead

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this 2020: We explored Auckland on foot and called in at Giapo for one of its legendary Colossal Squid Ice Creams. You get a box with it to store chcocolate for later!

After visiting the maritime museum and the Auckland museum we got out of the city in the afternoon to a nature reserve on the other side of the bay. Great views and our introduction to some of the local birds, including loads of cute little Silvereyes and the noisy Tui with its distinctive white throat tuft.
8A7BF9E2-C895-477F-85DC-C4B94BC1CD27.jpeg3A306384-49E1-4A69-862B-25B8B80D7484.jpegB2BEA69D-6CA4-4853-AF0B-9A8DE325761C.jpeg810DAF62-494C-4519-BDAE-D0D1F43ADBD9.jpeg2F4482B0-3A0B-4E24-811E-017F254C8CFF.jpeg4D890BBA-F822-473D-9EB1-D87A06D40F6A.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I only have a front facing and a regular. I don't really like selfies because I don't want reminded. That's what the front facing does. I don't know why you would need 3. It's hard enough keeping up with 2. I only need the one for getting my animals in their cuteness.?
It is so you can shoot a macro or panoramic at the same time for more choices like the millennial want!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this 2020: We explored Auckland on foot and called in at Giapo for one of its legendary Colossal Squid Ice Creams. You get a box with it to store chcocolate for later!

After visiting the maritime museum and the Auckland museum we got out of the city in the afternoon to a nature reserve on the other side of the bay. Great views and our introduction to some of the local birds, including loads of cute little Silvereyes and the noisy Tui with its distinctive white throat tuft.
View attachment 316697View attachment 316698View attachment 316699View attachment 316700View attachment 316701View attachment 316702
Wow what an incredible ice cream creation!
How about trying to recreate it yourself for a little lockdown project?
Beautiful place too.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
see!!
That’s why I didn’t want to tell my name.
There is only ONE Yvonne on here and that’s the wonderful YvonneG.
I do not posses HALF of her knowledge
and wit!..
and if you hit me on the back of the head with a tack hammer It still wouldn’t change anything.. (except I’d have a different shape to my head?) ?
OK, but none of that changes for me. One Yvonne, to me, is either Y or The Nazi Moderator. The other Yvonne is my friend Yvonne, or my TFO bestie Chefdenoel10, YOU!!!!
And, please remember that the person you refer to as the wonderful Yvonne G is my older sister. A pain in my whatsis, as she mostly is my older sister, meaning she's the boss, (but I'm 76 old enuf), and I'm my own boss. Mostly. But, as an older sister, she watches out for me, 'cept on TFO, or maybe more on TFO as I know she reads my stuff soon after I post it to make sure there's nothing she needs to delete lol! Y hates it when I talk about her on TFO , as she is an extremely private person, and I say things about her or our relationship just commenting and it bugs her. I think I'd better shut up now, I'm probably embarrassing her right now lolololololol

Last edited:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
We have 40 degrees and, wait for it...wait...wait.....hear it???? Rain freakin rain and rain and more rain. Surprise!!!!!!
Anyhow, see the bright green? That's moss. It has rained so much this season that the moss has taken over my Sulcata pens. Absolutely no graze, just moss and mud. The 'easiest' way to remove it, is by hand. Pulling out sheets of moss, leaving mud underneath. Anybody ever had this problem? I think I have tried just about everything, 'cept poison, won't do that. So my pens are bad either or. damn
100_6286.JPG

100_6233.JPG

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We have 40 degrees and, wait for it...wait...wait.....hear it???? Rain freakin rain and rain and more rain. Surprise!!!!!!
Anyhow, see the bright green? That's moss. It has rained so much this season that the moss has taken over my Sulcata pens. Absolutely no graze, just moss and mud. The 'easiest' way to remove it, is by hand. Pulling out sheets of moss, leaving mud underneath. Anybody ever had this problem? I think I have tried just about everything, 'cept poison, won't do that. So my pens are bad either or. damn
View attachment 316735

View attachment 316743
Our back lawn has become more moss than grass with the constant rain. It’s north facing and doesn’t get any sun in winter even on a bright day

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It is so you can shoot a macro or panoramic at the same time for more choices like the millennial want!
Well... I do well accidentally getting a good shot with the one. I don't usually have time to do a bunch of thinking. That's great with scenery but my favorite is catching a close one of animals up to shenanigans.☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sunnnnnnnny & bright! ???. Hard to believe we might be in the middle of a major snow ❄️❄️ storm tomorrow this time. Luckily we need nothing. Went out early to get some additional sunflower seeds for the birds. ????????
I forced myself to go grocery shopping today. Our snow is not supposed to get better until Tuesday after tonight around 10. In some ways I can't wait. Everything in my house is shocking me except in my tortoises room. Because it's closed off I can keep the humidity up. The rest of the house is about 2% humidity. I'm running a humidifier now but wow we need some kinda liquid even if it's snow. It won't be so hard.?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Still sunny and almost sunset!

Everything is battened down, my truck is tarped over, things in our garage are rearranged to bring in wifey’s SUV. Bird feed purchased, snacks & food in the pantry. Snow shovels pulled out, dusted off and ready on the front porch. Luckily, neither of us have to go anywhere on Monday..or Tuesday. GoPro/minicam batteries all charged, set the camera up at the feeder today to test it out. Tons of activity.

In between, ive cut a few boards up, and dry fit the new bird house. A work in progress.

33AEBD46-292E-4328-AB14-37369DAFC204.jpeg