COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hopefully Cathie - she really is a happy dog. Completely different to Fudge who they lost just over a year ago. While Fudge just liked to follow scents and would only paddle in water, Tilly loves swimming and toys and chasing a ball. The vet said to carry on as normal with her and let her be as active as she wants, but now they know she is a ticking time bomb it is a worry for them.
My son lived through an enlarged heart because of a hole (size 5 VSD) in his heart and all that. I wouldn't let them do open heart surgery. Now they can't find the hole anyway 🙏. It healed. Faith, good food and fun is the best medicine.🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Sorry Lyn, to hear about sis's pup....very sad. Those are tough decisions when it is feasible and must be heartbreaking when it isn't.

Apparently Ms Cathie, I am not the only Superman! LOL A size 5 isn't huge, but is certainty cause for real concern...any leak we get is, right? Like a pinhole in a balloon, if you deflate it, it can become "closed" again. I suspect there were plenty anti-inflammatory prescribed at the time of discovery?

Saw the deer yesterday.....was in my shed measuring and came out and could have almost mounted one right outside the door! Took this later in the day.

Chiropractor talked and took pics.....he's Palmer trained...Davenport school so I have faith....I go back Monday....gonna be a long day but one will put themselves through these sorts of antics, when it's bad enough. Kerry's daughter just moved from AZ to FL...she starts at the Palmer college there next month!

A great day today.....just saw Kerry and her son off to work(that girl loves getting her coffee in bed- she just swoons every time....should have waited till then to ask about the hydroplane & I may have gotten a different response!), got emails out before 5 am this morning and just revised my 101 Constit budget and resubmitted.

I also got the lawn cart pulled to the front of the house.
I have lumber coming today & pelletlime.

Economics 1:01
Middletown DE-where things are, is 35 miles away, 70 miles round trip, 4 gals (truck gets 18.6)@ 4 bucks =$16 per trip

I Needed 8-12 x 5/4 deck boards, 3-2x6x12PT lumber, 20 bags of lime so a minimum of two trips in my Expedition or $32 bucks just in gas plus the time.

For $80, I ordered it yesterday at noon and it will be here today by 3pm..... I took zero risk....don't touch it till it gets here, I don't find it, lug it, load it, I don't take it to cashier and try to avoid whacking folks......I don't do $2000 worth of damage to my dash when Harriet slams on the brakes in front of me and since I'm only building a ramp, I don't need to go to ensure the wood is straight!

and lets not forget....IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Enjoy the day guys...it's GORGEOUS here today!!

20230209_170245.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry Lyn, to hear about sis's pup....very sad. Those are tough decisions when it is feasible and must be heartbreaking when it isn't.

Apparently Ms Cathie, I am not the only Superman! LOL A size 5 isn't huge, but is certainty cause for real concern...any leak we get is, right? Like a pinhole in a balloon, if you deflate it, it can become "closed" again. I suspect there were plenty anti-inflammatory prescribed at the time of discovery?

Saw the deer yesterday.....was in my shed measuring and came out and could have almost mounted one right outside the door! Took this later in the day.

Chiropractor talked and took pics.....he's Palmer trained...Davenport school so I have faith....I go back Monday....gonna be a long day but one will put themselves through these sorts of antics, when it's bad enough. Kerry's daughter just moved from AZ to FL...she starts at the Palmer college there next month!

A great day today.....just saw Kerry and her son off to work(that girl loves getting her coffee in bed- she just swoons every time....should have waited till then to ask about the hydroplane & I may have gotten a different response!), got emails out before 5 am this morning and just revised my 101 Constit budget and resubmitted.

Middletown DE-where things are, is 35 miles away, 70 miles round trip, 4 gals (truck gets 18.6)@ 4 bucks =$16 per trip

I Needed 8-12 x 5/4 deck boards, 3-2x6x12PT lumber, 20 bags of lime so a minimum of two trips in my Expedition or $32 bucks just in gas plus the time.

For $80, I ordered it yesterday at noon and it will be here today by 3pm..... I took zero risk....don't touch it till it gets here, I don't find it, lug it, load it, I don't take it to cashier and try to avoid whacking folks......I don't do $2000 worth of damage to my dash when Harriet slams on the brakes in front of me and since I'm only building a ramp, I don't need to go to ensure the wood is straight!

View attachment 354054
100_2827.JPG
Rufus

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I have to ration Lola's cactus. He loves it but it gives him diarrhoea, so he only gets a small amount a couple of times a week.
During the summer we get a lot of rain. So I need to ration the cactus. But the winters are dry so Opo needs all the moisture he can get. I have 3 water dishes around the yard. They are in view of at least 1 out of 4 cameras I have in the backyard. I personally and or on the cameras have never seen Opo drink from one of them. 😖

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's so nice to have those little moments with a 🐢🤗 and then they waltz away. Going about their busy ness. At least the tort stopped the journey long enough to say hello 🤗😁 that's probably tortoise love 💕
I love it when I start scratching his shell in the morning. He stretches his legs and makes a little groan. Now if I could get him to return the favor. 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 354054
Actually that hole I was talking about is graded on a scale of 1-6. 6 being the largest I've watched doctors shake and sit down suddenly when they put a stethoscope on him as a child. He should have been transported to children's hospital the moment he was born. It is a true story of a couple of doctors trying to cover themselves and not my son and I. The murmur was so large you could feel it with your fingers. They tried to say it was congenital. They didn't know they were lying to mommy dearest 🤣. It was a birth accident. He'd had a heart attack while being born. When they finally decided to do open heart surgery at the age of 7 (because he always did so well) I told them to shove it. You've been wrong all along and you're not touching him. He was 17 when I finally got the proof that the hole in his heart had sealed itself. It's a very very long story but I believe in miracles. Sometimes knowing what to do is the greatest miracle of all.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
During the summer we get a lot of rain. So I need to ration the cactus. But the winters are dry so Opo needs all the moisture he can get. I have 3 water dishes around the yard. They are in view of at least 1 out of 4 cameras I have in the backyard. I personally and or on the cameras have never seen Opo drink from one of them. 😖
Lola is the same - I rarely see him drink from his water dish or in his soak. His food is well hydrated though and he's peeing well so I assume his hydration is OK.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have a new adopted great granddaughter. She is Levi's sister and a premie too at 36 weeks. She came off oxygen this morning and other stuff later. This is everyone's first photo of herView attachment 354072.🤗
Congratulations to you and the mum and dad! I hope she continues to thrive and goes from strength to strength. I bet they can't wait to get her home.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
Quite a grey day here and there's some drizzle, but a bit warmer.

One of my hibernating butterflies has woken but it's still too cold for them to be outside and there's not enough food about yet for it to survive, so I put him in the fridge to settle down again and he's back up on the ceiling now. Hopefully he'll be happy there for another couple of weeks. It's always a dilemma when they wake early but from what I've read on the butterfly conservation website, to let them out before it reaches about 60F would kill them. So better safe than sorry.

Saturday again! The weeks are rolling by really quickly.
I hope you all have a good weekend!
TTFN

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning/afternoon all,
Quite a grey day here and there's some drizzle, but a bit warmer.

One of my hibernating butterflies has woken but it's still too cold for them to be outside and there's not enough food about yet for it to survive, so I put him in the fridge to settle down again and he's back up on the ceiling now. Hopefully he'll be happy there for another couple of weeks. It's always a dilemma when they wake early but from what I've read on the butterfly conservation website, to let them out before it reaches about 60F would kill them. So better safe than sorry.

Saturday again! The weeks are rolling by really quickly.
I hope you all have a good weekend!
TTFN
How many butterflies do you have?Do they hibernate in the form of a butterfly? Or are they some type of a caterpillar when you put them in the fridge?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The ornamental pear trees are always the first to bloom in my neck-o-the-woods, and they started a couple days ago. I love the look of your back garden! Just beautiful!!!
You are right - our old neighborhood was full of very mature ornamental Bradford Pear trees. In full bloom they cascaded over the streets - they rivaled the infamous Washington DC tidal Basin Cherry trees.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I have just been reading in the newspaper that opuntia -prickly pear - cacti are growing wild in parts of Switzerland and becoming impossible to get rid of ! Also to a lesser extent in Italy. I'm sure there will be a lot of happy tortoises around! Maybe they will become wild in England too - hopefully in the Southwest.
Angie