COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Dear Lyn,

Yes I think you're in London aren't you? I'm not too far away in Westcliff but I have had to walk to Southend in the rain to do some shopping. Personally I think the New Year's Day dippers who I saw along the seafront are mad. I wouldn't to take a dip in this weather nevermind the Thames!

Natrah
Dear Natrah,

Amen to that 😁

CathieG

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Dear Lyn,

Yes I think you're in London aren't you? I'm not too far away in Westcliff but I have had to walk to Southend in the rain to do some shopping. Personally I think the New Year's Day dippers who I saw along the seafront are mad. I wouldn't to take a dip in this weather nevermind the Thames!

Natrah
I'm in South Wales - not a city lover at all but have the best of all worlds not too far from where I am.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all - we still have a few showers but the sun is trying to come out and the winds have dropped substantially. Time to gather in any stuff that has been blown around the garden.
It looks like we're in for a drier but much colder spell and it will be nice to be able to get out for a few walks, especially as I'm double dog sitting from the middle of next week. I'll have Tilly staying for one week and Alfie for two. They usually get on well when they've met but they've never lived together, so I hope the week they're here at the same time will be OK. My sisters & co. are heading out to the US - one to Las Vegas and the other to California (near Lancaster I think). So some dry weather will be greatly appreciated.
I hope you all have a good Wednesday. Take care.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning all - we still have a few showers but the sun is trying to come out and the winds have dropped substantially. Time to gather in any stuff that has been blown around the garden.
It looks like we're in for a drier but much colder spell and it will be nice to be able to get out for a few walks, especially as I'm double dog sitting from the middle of next week. I'll have Tilly staying for one week and Alfie for two. They usually get on well when they've met but they've never lived together, so I hope the week they're here at the same time will be OK. My sisters & co. are heading out to the US - one to Las Vegas and the other to California (near Lancaster I think). So some dry weather will be greatly appreciated.
Beautiful day here bar a few showers.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Beautiful day here bar a few showers.

Natrah
We have had very heavy rain and strong winds again today,and this has led to some damage in the side of the little room off the kitchen where we have the washing machine, drier, and all sorts of junk -a lot of it on the floor. So the wall and roof got a huge leak , and it is too wet to fix it at the moment. The whole thing is pretty ramshackle, anyway, and I think we probably need to get it renewed - with plastic and double glazing, rather than rotten old wood.
We did go to look at the sea, of course, but not for long ! The waves were very fierce.
Angie and Zola xxxxx

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That should be so interesting having two little lovely dogs and Lola 😉 all at once.🙃😁 have your camera ready for us.😊 please 🙏.I remember how Tilly came but can't remember Alfie for some reason.

Tortoise Nana

Las Vegas, Nv
You’ll like Las Vegas. Doesn’t get to cold here, although there was some rain and a bit chilly today. Overall, it’s a nice place to live. Happy New Year and happy Wednesday.

MaNaAk

Southend
You’ll like Las Vegas. Doesn’t get to cold here, although there was some rain and a bit chilly today. Overall, it’s a nice place to live. Happy New Year and happy Wednesday.
Dear Tortoise Nana,

What type of tortoises do you have and how old are they? Jacky is a 88 year old Spur-thighed Tortoise and Daisy who was her partner of seventy-two years was eighty when she was put to sleep.

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I finally got around to mounting and connecting the bird feeder Kerry got me for my birthday last month. I'll post pics tomorrow but wow...It comes with a solar panel charged camera connected to my phone.

I bought a 8' pole and deflector for it and hooked it up yesterday....this thing is cool as heck!

I use a large SD card, I don't use the cloud for any storage of my things.
It does vid or pics, day or night, motion detection autorun.
I can connect and view & HEAR anything there.
I can press a button on my phone and speak through the feeder....maybe to scare the birds?
I can press a button on my phone and the feeder emits a car-alarm....loudly!
I can press a button on my phone and a bright light on the feeder lights up......just did it to look into the woods from this chair!

I can share view via QR code to anyone on the planet.

This isn't a bird feeder, it's a highly capable surveillance device!

MaNaAk

Southend
Please could you post some pictures of the birds please Jeff. I hope Angie and Cathie are okay.

Natrah

PS: We've had a lot of floods in the UK.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I finally got around to mounting and connecting the bird feeder Kerry got me for my birthday last month. I'll post pics tomorrow but wow...It comes with a solar panel charged camera connected to my phone.

I bought a 8' pole and deflector for it and hooked it up yesterday....this thing is cool as heck!

I use a large SD card, I don't use the cloud for any storage of my things.
It does vid or pics, day or night, motion detection autorun.
I can connect and view & HEAR anything there.
I can press a button on my phone and speak through the feeder....maybe to scare the birds?
I can press a button on my phone and the feeder emits a car-alarm....loudly!
I can press a button on my phone and a bright light on the feeder lights up......just did it to look into the woods from this chair!

I can share view via QR code to anyone on the planet.

This isn't a bird feeder, it's a highly capable surveillance device!
Mine is from Sharper Image 😊 it's much like that but is a bird feeder also. I could use the cloud but I prefer to keep mine private too. It can also be a surveillance device if I choose to.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Seen this @CathieG?

Natrah
No I haven't seen that yet but I have caught Sapphire hanging from his front claws from his indoor enclosure lid. The dang little monkey 🐢😜