Connecting tortoise table and enclosed vivarium

Shally

Location (City and/or State)
BIRMINGHAM
Hello

I've looked on the forum and can't seem to find an example of what I am trying to achieve. At the moment my lil Russian is in a vivarium but she's growing fast so I have ordered a tortoise table which I want to sit on top of the viv and cut holes in both (floor and roof) and connect with a safe ramp for her to explore 2 levels. She is very active and loves to climb! So I want to really have a new home with lots of enrichment. Has anyone done this? I don't want to cut the holes and end up having to buy new cuz I've totally botched it up! ....would love to hear from anyone that has done this, see pics or even find a video tutorial.....or even just point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading 😀

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't say I remember anyone doing it the way you want but we have a lot of members that have built second levels with a ramp.
Do you have room to just put them together end to end and taking the connecting ends off to join them?
There is no reason though why it can't work.
I would measure out a comfortable looking angle that's not too steep from the bottom to the top, build the ramp and then cut the holes.
Place the ramp against the back side so you only have to build railings on one side.
Be sure to share pics when you have it done.

Shally

BIRMINGHAM
I can't say I remember anyone doing it the way you want but we have a lot of members that have built second levels with a ramp.
Do you have room to just put them together end to end and taking the connecting ends off to join them?
There is no reason though why it can't work.
I would measure out a comfortable looking angle that's not too steep from the bottom to the top, build the ramp and then cut the holes.
Place the ramp against the back side so you only have to build railings on one side.
Be sure to share pics when you have it done.
That's a great idea to build ramp first and to do it against back wall for 1 sided railing! .....I'm limited on floor space as its in a bay window so building up is the best option .....I also have a 5x3x3 for TicTac my bearded dragon so multistorey is the best option for Turbo ....thanks Wellington 👍