Controversial pet visit ?

JDDV97

Location (City and/or State)
Houston Tx
He has been maybe 5% more active since before taken to the vet . My boy is a warrior …..though I under stand where his heath is and am ready for anything . This will not stop me I will continue to love and raise tortoises . But use the knowledge I’ve learned to prevent breeders to cause unfair uphill battles for their lives . Thank you everyone for everything . @Littleredfootbigredheart @Tom @wellington

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
He has been maybe 5% more active since before taken to the vet . My boy is a warrior …..though I under stand where his heath is and am ready for anything . This will not stop me I will continue to love and raise tortoises . But use the knowledge I’ve learned to prevent breeders to cause unfair uphill battles for their lives . Thank you everyone for everything .
Baby steps are good in the right direction, even if his chances are slim at this point, it doesn’t mean they’re zero, I really hope yours can defy the odds❤️
You clearly have what it takes to be a wonderful tortoise keeper, so it makes me so happy to read this won’t put you off in the future, at least you’ll know what to look out for with bad breeders/stores.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
He only active really during soaks now. Praying for the best . But he does still open his eyes and move around during a soak . I’m doing baby food and petalyte soaks
You could even try putting a little food in front of his face during the soak if that’s when his eyes are open and he’s more active, he might not go for it but worth a shot, hopefully either way he’s absorbing some needed nutrients💚

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

JDDV97

Houston Tx
I did he kinda smelled the cut up cactus . Hay and hibiscus leaves and mused mazuri pellets.
It is a shame that you’re having this experience but it’s great to see how you’re doing everything you can to help this little fella out. He is lucky to have you fighting for him!
thank you 🙏 gave him baby food and pedialyte bath . I have decided not To give him the remaining fortaz and calcium shots that the vet gave me . I will see anothernone This Friday for 2nd opinions . everyone seems to agree the shots will be too much for his little body . .

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I mean he opened both his eyes this morning for first time in a week after this morning soak.
Could the vitamins and injections possible helped ?

i'm putting my bet on yes............. would you share the name of the vet clinic and vet???

thursday
img_2522-jpeg.379528

friday

img_2541-jpeg.379574

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I mean he opened both his eyes this morning for first time in a week after this morning soak.
Could the vitamins and injections possible helped ?
In my experience, if you soak in carrot baby food/water daily, faithfully, the eyes open after the third day.

JDDV97

Houston Tx
Thank you to everyone my boy is at rest now . @Littleredfootbigredheart @Yvonne G @Tom @wellington @cooky_luvs @mark1
I hate to ask this but I don’t know what do now. I buried my dog a 15 years last year and honestly regret not cremating him instead I know some people keep the shelves of the tortoise after they pass. I think I might bury him next to my old dog in the backyard. But still not sure . Because what if if I move houses one day . I honestly never want to move because I buried my dog in the backyard there . Some people say you should send it in for lab work so you can see how he passed, but I’m not the type of person to really do that. I know some people taxidermy and keep the shells. But I don’t know. If you don’t mind me asking when you lose a tortoise what do you do?