Devastated friend

Ashlyn Eastus

Location (City and/or State)
Boca Raton FL
My good friend who retired a year ago from 35 years of being an English teacher, lost her beloved 6 year old Sulcata to a rare disease. She has a ranch with an enclosure that would put any one else’s to shame! She spent lots of time with him and truly cares about the animals she surrounds herself with. She doesn’t want to raise a baby as the enclose is too big to house a little guy, so if you are looking to rehome your adult Sulcata, I can’t think of a better person or place I would have mine go. If I needed to find a good home for mine, she would be my first choice but mine is like my child so I’m helping her look for one. References and pics available on request! Thank you!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If this is legit....
Have her post a wanted ad on CRAIGSLIST MIAMI under Wanted: Sulcata tortoise.
I get people asking me to take in their Sulcatas from time to time. I have a post in there seeking unwanted and unwell Redfoot tortoises.
I do not keep Sulcata. I don't have enough property.
I'm also in south Florida.
Many keepers get a Sulcata or two from a reptile show, etc. Then find that they are not able to actually care for a growing, very large tortoise.
She should find one there in need of a new home fairly quickly.

Tortoise MasterMan

Utah
Many people are overwhelmed by the size of sulcatas, and often have re-home them. So it is likely that your friend will get a large sulcata soon!