1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Devastated friend

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Ashlyn Eastus, Dec 1, 2019 at 7:32 PM.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Ashlyn Eastus

Ashlyn Eastus New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Boca Raton FL
    My good friend who retired a year ago from 35 years of being an English teacher, lost her beloved 6 year old Sulcata to a rare disease. She has a ranch with an enclosure that would put any one else’s to shame! She spent lots of time with him and truly cares about the animals she surrounds herself with. She doesn’t want to raise a baby as the enclose is too big to house a little guy, so if you are looking to rehome your adult Sulcata, I can’t think of a better person or place I would have mine go. If I needed to find a good home for mine, she would be my first choice but mine is like my child so I’m helping her look for one. References and pics available on request! Thank you!
  2. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club

Southern California
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    A rare disease? What would that be?
  3. ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
    If this is legit....
    Have her post a wanted ad on CRAIGSLIST MIAMI under Wanted: Sulcata tortoise.
    I get people asking me to take in their Sulcatas from time to time. I have a post in there seeking unwanted and unwell Redfoot tortoises.
    I do not keep Sulcata. I don't have enough property.
    I'm also in south Florida.
    Many keepers get a Sulcata or two from a reptile show, etc. Then find that they are not able to actually care for a growing, very large tortoise.
    She should find one there in need of a new home fairly quickly.