Not open for further replies.

antoniocormier

5 Year Member

skottip

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hey, we can also donate to PETA~!
They scam peoples money every day and kill over 90% of animals that they take in!
www.petakillsanimals.com

I'll take mine medium rare please!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks like we are not with you. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go watch more "Duck Dynasty" so I can learn about more new animals to eat, and how best to eat them.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I do believe animals should be treated properly before they are killed, but being a vegetarian wasn't for me. I was veg for a year, and gained 30lbs and got really sick....granted I was not doing it the right way...but it still happened. I think if I had better cooking skills ( and wasn't such a picky eater) I would be open to being vegetarian again. I eat at the vegetarian restaraunt next to my work every week or so....usually only when Im too lazy to walk to Taco Bell....which isn't often lol

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
theelectraco said:
I do believe animals should be treated properly before they are killed, but being a vegetarian wasn't for me. I was veg for a year, and gained 30lbs and got really sick....granted I was not doing it the right way...but it still happened. I think if I had better cooking skills ( and wasn't such a picky eater) I would be open to being vegetarian again. I eat at the vegetarian restaraunt next to my work every week or so....usually only when Im too lazy to walk to Taco Bell....which isn't often lol

Similar experience, without the weight gain. I am allergic to peanuts and most tree nuts, don't do well with corn, soy, or legumes, and have a hard time digesting several vegetable families. Meat is my best source of protein. I eat a lot of vegetarian meals, but meat is still regularly on the menu.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Slaughter houses nowadays are alot better than they used to be. Most really aren't very bad. Besides, most people cannot eat a vegetarian diet and be healthy without taking supplements. One of my friends tried to be vegan (and was doing it the right way) and got very sick because she couldn't get the right nutrition. I'm a professed "meatatarian".

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Spn785 said:
Slaughter houses nowadays are alot better than they used to be. Most really aren't very bad.

They're just misunderstood.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am a vegetarian but I actually don't concern myself with what others put into their bodies.
I have strong opinions about what I will feed my family. I am against all factory farms, GMOs and all of the things they spray on our food. This means I eat barely any processed food. My issue with the factory meat farms is partially the humane treatment of animals but also the unsanitary conditions and food. It bothers me that they feed the farm chickens antibiotics instead of remedying the unsanitary conditions. It also bothers me that they add the male chicks back into the feed for chickens. I worry that they are creating super bacteria in the environments where they are growing "food".
I worry in general that we use too many antibiotic hand lotions and crap too. I also think that all of chemicals and crap they put into food is causing the food allergy epidemic.
I am a bit of a prepper and I fear that there is a pandemic coming from the antibiotic usage and the food supply.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kerryann said:
I am a vegetarian but I actually don't concern myself with what others put into their bodies.
I have strong opinions about what I will feed my family. I am against all factory farms, GMOs and all of the things they spray on our food. This means I eat barely any processed food. My issue with the factory meat farms is partially the humane treatment of animals but also the unsanitary conditions and food. It bothers me that they feed the farm chickens antibiotics instead of remedying the unsanitary conditions. It also bothers me that they add the male chicks back into the feed for chickens. I worry that they are creating super bacteria in the environments where they are growing "food".
I worry in general that we use too many antibiotic hand lotions and crap too. I also think that all of chemicals and crap they put into food is causing the food allergy epidemic.
I am a bit of a prepper and I fear that there is a pandemic coming from the antibiotic usage and the food supply.

Now THIS I can understand and go along with. I cannot go along with "save the animals, and don't eat them..." I don't want to put unhealthy crap in my body either, and try to avoid it where possible and practical.

All animals should be treated humanely at all times. I just don't find killing and eating them necessarily inhumane.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Kerryann said:

I worry about some of the same things. I work in a hospital and the number of antibiotic resistant bacteria is growing. I live in a small town with lots of farms around, so getting fresh well-raised meats that aren't given the antibiotics and such is quite easy.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Spn785 said:
Kerryann said:

I worry about some of the same things. I work in a hospital and the number of antibiotic resistant bacteria is growing. I live in a small town with lots of farms around, so getting fresh well-raised meats that aren't given the antibiotics and such is quite easy.

My husband has studied these things and says it's happening at an alarming rate. Even the water has antibacterial chemicals being put into it from cleaning supplies and now the high use of the hand sanitizer. My question is if you wash your hands why do you need to douse them in chemicals afterwards?
I should also add that it disturbs me that since we now feed cows and other animals grain instead of letting them graze naturally that more of the third world is starving to death. They changed the animals over to a grain based diet so they can grow them more quickly to get them to the supermarket shelves. I can't be comfortable in my own skin knowing some child in a far off land is slowly and painfully starving to death because of my gluttony.
Learning about your food will make you change your eating practices regardless of how you feel about animal cruelty. I wish more people were educated about the food production in general because I think it would improve our health in general as a society. The mass produced food model growth is also a factor in the obesity factors in the US. Obesity rates are skyrocketing along with diabetes and heart disease which is a contributing factor to the health insurance costs. I think a lot of people look at the small picture of each meal instead of the big picture.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I do not like meat. I never really liked the taste of it to begin with. I also do not believe humans are meant to eat all the meat that people tend to consume. I don't believe it's a healthy diet.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Do you like meat? No, I LOVE it!! For me, the meal IS the meat and most of my meals are only meat. If I had to give up meat, I would starve to death. There are very few veggies I like and then only if fixed in ways that are unhealthy, but cover up their taste. Same for fruits, few I like.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I have not eaten meat in over 40 years. I do not have anything against it, i help out at my friends with their beef ranch all the time. I just think them more that people know how their food is processed and raised might help some make better choices in what they eat. Animals should be treated humanly and slaughtered as quickly as possible, these animals are raised to be eaten so eat them.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
I like fish better than meat but I will eat it if I am hungry. Usually I like fruit and vegatables and my mom buys mmostly organic foods

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I think Vegatables and starches where created simply as a nice way to fill the plate around the meat!

And I'm sorry for anyone who thinks we can eat ANYTHING without killing it 1st! I've eaten a few things that where still alive and I can tell you 1st hand.... they would rather have been killed 1st before going into my mouth! (memories of a frog swimming around in my stomac for a few minits before finally dying comes to mind!) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.