Does anyone else feel ashamed when....

M

Maggie Cummings

Haha! I feed my dogs a raw diet and at the store the other day i was buying a bunch of meat for the dogs and greens for the tortoises and the guy behind me asked if i was making him dinner.... i told him the meat was for my dogs and the salad was for the tortoises but I was willing to share the only thing I was buying for me... the nasal spray...
lol!

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
When I cant use any weeds/leaves and such from the backyard I will get quite a bit of greens from the store and I'll end up having a good bounty full of greens in the cart for the torts and then boxes of cereal, milk and some yogurts for me LOL. YOGURT & CEREAL IS DA BEES KNEES YALL! :<3::D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You feed your tortoises organic spring mix for dinner.. and then sit down to eat a McRib?

It was really good though.... I asked for extra sauce...

I like them with extra onion and pickle. :) ... and no, I can't help it if my tortoises don't have good taste in yummy food like me. :)

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
LOL, I think my dogs and tort should feel bad for me! I spend hours making my dogs' food with all sorts of good organ meats and veggies and spend countless hours growing, cultivating and preparing the delicious grasses, cacti, hibiscus, etc... that eventually make up the salad I feed to my baby tortoise. I'm lucky if I still have time to grab a McRib! I'm envious of the way my animals eat!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah I just ate almost an entire medium pepperoni Italian sausage pizza for lunch from dominoes. I don't feel bad at all haha, I do wish I could eat like the tortoises though. I'm too picky.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
To be more specific, we'd be healthier if we ate more like a red-foot tortoise. Mostly plants, some meats and most of that would not be red or fatty meat. Good calcium and vitamin D, lots of fiber...

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
No wouldn't feel guilty about a McRib but I'd probably feel guilty if i was eating turtle soup lol