Eating Substrate while Basking

Flipper

Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
@Tom Tallula is more sleepy today than normal and she ate, but was less interested in her food than normal.

I just want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You have to be on Facebook to view it there.

My tortoises all have days where they eat less and sleep more. Its not necessarily an indicator that there is a problem, but it is possible that it is.

Have you run a fecal check through your vet lately? Can't hurt. Should only cost about $25.

Flipper

MO, USA
Shoot! I don't know how to fix the photobucket feed :tantrum:

No, I've not had her stool checked since I've had her. Since she poops unpredictably I'll save her next one and call the vet.

Thanks for the reassurance Tom :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Mine will also eat anything it can if I am late with the food in the morning. But I did have an issue with here eating rocks when outside. I got minerall and started breaking her cuttle bone into bite size pc. It seems to have stopped.

Flipper

MO, USA
Mine will also eat anything it can if I am late with the food in the morning. But I did have an issue with here eating rocks when outside. I got minerall and started breaking her cuttle bone into bite size pc. It seems to have stopped.
Ok. Good to know. I ordered minerAll and it should be here soon. Maybe I'll start breaking up her cuttle bone too!

Flipper

MO, USA
Good grief! I have a delicious tortoise breakfast on her food tile along with some broken up cuttle bone and Tallula is going at the substrate with gusto :rolleyes:

She has 2 good poops yesterday so at least she's not bound up, but they were in her soaks so I couldn't save them for the vet :confused: