finally made a vet appt

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
you can see my other thread for more details of what's going on with my sulcata http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-60362.html

but i finally got a vet appointment made for this coming monday. i actually work for a vet, but we do only horses and cattle.

on monday it will be 2 full weeks since my sulcata hasn't been eating on his own. he has had a little grass and dandelion last week and some mazuri, but this week he's had only a couple bites of mazuri.

i soak him 1/2 hour in the morning and 1 hour or more in the evening. i was soaking in gatorade and pumpkin. now i'm soaking in plain water, but may add the pumpkin back in for this evening's soak. i haven't seen him actually drink, but then i was reading on here that they drink through their nose, so i guess maybe he's getting more than i think. he still pees and poos, although the amount of poo is getting to be a little less this week since he's not eating. i'm hoping he'll poo over the weekend though so i can have a fecal to take into them.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Make sure vet does blood work too. So, x-rays, fecal test 4 parasites, blood work is in order. Keep us posted.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
ascott said:
i was soaking in gatorade

I sure hope all turns out well....I am a bit curious though, why gatorade?

i was concerned he might possibly be dehydrated, so at first, besides the water, i added gatorade. i used the one with lower sugar content.

Status
Not open for further replies.