Found pitbul, needs home ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

srod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans
Blake, you are awesome!
This is such a great story and I am very happy Chance has been given a chance. =)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I will add to saying what great news. When I read the first post, I almost didn't continue, but like a train wreck I had to keep watching. Oh I was shocked and so happy to read Blake you took him. Did the shelter have you pay to get him back?
What a wonderful person you are to take him on. Good and happy thoughts out your way!
Was he already neutered?
Happy New Year!
Nay

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Don't let him stand on you. This is dominant behavior. Nice job with him.
Blake m said:
tortadise said:
He is awesome. Glad he was saved. Is the mange demodectic or sarcoptic?

Démodéctic, thankfully. He also has fleas, bacteria infection on his skin, and flaky skin. But I still love him. He's currently standing on my calf with his front paws for some reason. He's very silly and pretty well mannered.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Nay said:
I will add to saying what great news. When I read the first post, I almost didn't continue, but like a train wreck I had to keep watching. Oh I was shocked and so happy to read Blake you took him. Did the shelter have you pay to get him back?
What a wonderful person you are to take him on. Good and happy thoughts out your way!
Was he already neutered?
Happy New Year!
Nay

Thank you, I'm glad you continued to read. The pound had not fee that they charged, luckily. But his vet bill was quite high, so his adoption fee from the rescue will be around 200$. He is not neutered. But, pitbulls are REALLY cheap to get fixed. I've seen them posted for 15$.

yagyujubei said:
Don't let him stand on you. This is dominant behavior. Nice job with him.

This is interesting. I do understand it's potential to be dominance completely. What do you hink about dogs being really comfortable and "cuddly"? He seems to want to lay on my lap a lot.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I think being on your lap is fine. From what I understand, though, the standing on is a kind of claiming type behavior. yagyujubei Wrote:Don't let him stand on you. This is dominant behavior. Nice job with him.

This is interesting. I do understand it's potential to be dominance completely. What do you hink about dogs being really comfortable and "cuddly"? He seems to want to lay on my lap a lot.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Chance is doing VERY well. He's been such a blessing. Here's his before and after.
BB2FD5E1-949A-41E2-8E9B-090E3CCAFCBB-7257-0000057456239306_zpse3a2c2c4.jpg

Such a happy boy!

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I've rescued so many. I just came across your post. I was ecstatic to read you got to keep him. Good luck to you and Chance. And thank you for being his Angel.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
sissyofone said:
I've rescued so many. I just came across your post. I was ecstatic to read you got to keep him. Good luck to you and Chance. And thank you for being his Angel.

That's so great that you rescue them! I'm glad to hear you can experience the excitement with me!

SmileyKylie623 said:
He looks fantastic!!! I love those ears sticking straight up! He is a doll!

I don't know why Pitt owners would want to crop the ears. It's so darn cute to see him run while they flop up and down.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, what a difference in the before/after pictures!

I too love those big ears, and also the color of his eyes. With the name, Chance, I expect to hear Michael J. Fox talking.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Just found and read this whole thread. Great job! I wish chance and your family the very best!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
emysemys said:
Wow, what a difference in the before/after pictures!

I too love those big ears, and also the color of his eyes. With the name, Chance, I expect to hear Michael J. Fox talking.

Many people comment and really love his eyes, they are unique. He started dog training today an was a bit naughty.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Beautiful dog you did a great thing for him.He looks so much better already.
Great ending to a sad story.
Enjoy your Chance!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Chance looks so good!! You guys have done a wonderful job with him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.