help now! (prolapse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Platypus died 2 days after we got home and this was the one with MBD, the bigger one with deformed plastron. He was real skinny and I couldn't get him to eat anything. Then this awful prolapse. I have pictures, but the computer is only half working. The other 3 are eating well and acting normal. One has shell rot, but it's not much and I'm not too concerned. I'm sure these 3 will live and be healthy. Even the little deformed one is eating and fighting for his food he's tough, and they are fun to watch.
Definitely sad about platypus, he was 26 years old can you believe that lady had him that long in his condition. The others seemed ok here, sad that they perished though, not sure how old those were. Some lady scoops them off craigslist and send them to us. Some do great and others not so much. Rescuing is very difficult sometimes indeed. But don't let that get you down, they had a lovely happy trip back and great ending of a life with a caring keeper,

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks, everyone. These were rescues, very deformed, dropped off at Kelly's. So I asked if I could bring some home and make them healthy. So I brought 5, 2 died and 3 are healthy and active and eating good.
Did you take the teeny tiny one too? That was awesome and did very well here.

M

Maggie Cummings

I did take the teeny one, he's a monster. His name is Tuffy. He will walk right up to a bigger box turtle and take the food right out of the bigger one's mouth. He's a crack up. I am enjoying him so much. I bought some bird wire stuff, and I am going to cover over the pond and put all the box turtles in there. Kind of a swampy area. I think they will really enjoy it there. The 3 box turtles of your's that I have now are healthy and active and I don't expect any more problems......

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man that sucks . But at least you tried .

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I did take the teeny one, he's a monster. His name is Tuffy. He will walk right up to a bigger box turtle and take the food right out of the bigger one's mouth. He's a crack up. I am enjoying him so much. I bought some bird wire stuff, and I am going to cover over the pond and put all the box turtles in there. Kind of a swampy area. I think they will really enjoy it there. The 3 box turtles of your's that I have now are healthy and active and I don't expect any more problems......
Yeah that little one fracked me up too. He was one of the original "saved" ones from the lady that brings them to us. Been 2-3 years since I had him until you took him. He's another stunted old wee turtle. Glad he's doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.