Help! Please look at eye

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
So I gave Fezzik (adult male Russian) a soak this am (starting temp 95) and I noticed two things, first he actually seemed to drink which I have almost never seen (it’s been about 100+ degrees here so even tho he has access to water he probably is more dehydrated than usual) but I noticed his left eye was closed almost the entire time! He CAN open it - when I picked him up he definitely opened it to look around but he is choosing to keep it closed. His right eye is normal. When he opens the eye it doesn’t looks swollen or unusual, but Ive never seen him keep it closed before

His weight is also in normal range for him - around 465 g, which on his lower end but pretty normal. He seems to be acting normal tho less active because of the heat. He’s outside full time so I can’t track his movement or pooping as closely as when inside. He does have access to deep shade at all times.

What do you all think or recommend??

Attachments

• IMG_8924.mov
    16.8 MB
  • IMG_8923.mov
    36.8 MB
  • IMG_8922.mov
    24.5 MB

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Sounds like maybe it was irritated, or something (small) in it .... not sure. Hoping the best and will wait for some experts to chime in.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh dear that is odd🙁 I’m thinking maybe something got in it and irritated it? Might be worth flushing it with saline solution?