Redeared_Kingking

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
Hello everyone, this is my first time seeking help from forum. My red eared turtle has been found her head twitching these days, with the paws scratching her eyes. She has normal and clear eyes, stable and unchanged eating diet norm.
What can I do to help??
Tysm!!!!

Turtle.gif

L

LasTortugasNinja

Red ears should have a minimum of a 75 gal. A little tank like that should only be used while cleaning the main tank. Also needs lights and a basking spot either a gravel & sand bank, or a large piece of drift wood that he can completely climb out of the water onto.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Do you have uvb for him? Im not a turtle expert but i know tortoises and reptiles can bob their heads at times as a sign of a threat( get away from me) .. maybe it sees its reflection

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Im sure the turtle experts will be along soon.. welcome to the forum!

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Yes, in a large tank with both water and land area :)
I think you are mistaken. Butterfly means the tank in the picture. I do not see water or land and it looks incredibly small. Head bobbing can mean he his mad and being territorial. Head twitching maybe means something is bothering him.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Get her a nice warm pond or very large aquarium (at LEAST 4 shell length's long and 3 shell lengths wide) with a decent low-current filter, a large piece of driftwood to sunbathe on, and a hot light. I've rescued Red sliders kept their whole lives in a 20 gallon aquarium at a high school and the animals had all sorts of neurotic behaviors and physical damage from banging repeatedly against the glass.

Redeared_Kingking

Hong Kong
I think you are mistaken. Butterfly means the tank in the picture. I do not see water or land and it looks incredibly small. Head bobbing can mean he his mad and being territorial. Head twitching maybe means something is bothering him.
It's not small tho :/ at least she gets a rock for landing on it and bask