Hiiiiiii

krishn

Location (City and/or State)
southern Georgia
So 8 hav 2 leo, torts. One is 3 years and one is 2 years. And I am concernedabout their growth. The 3 year old weights 59 grams and the 2 year old weights 113 grams. And they seem too small for their age.I am very stressed about it.if yall can help please. Thnks

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome, if you can attach pictures of the enclosures and the tortoises. Thank you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So 8 hav 2 leo, torts. One is 3 years and one is 2 years. And I am concernedabout their growth. The 3 year old weights 59 grams and the 2 year old weights 113 grams. And they seem too small for their age.I am very stressed about it.if yall can help please. Thnks
Something is very very wrong there. This is way too small for their age. Most of the care info for this species is wrong, and most breeders don't start them correctly. Also, they should never live as pairs. It is very stressful on both of them.

Here is the current and correct care info. Follow the advice in this sheet, and they should start to grow and thrive.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Stress causes stunting.
Pairs being kept together causes stress.
Can you provide photos of the enclosure, the lighting, and tell us the temperature of the enclosure?
And a list of foods you have been offering.

Reactions: Tom

krishn

southern Georgia
Something is very very wrong there. This is way too small for their age. Most of the care info for this species is wrong, and most breeders don't start them correctly. Also, they should never live as pairs. It is very stressful on both of them.

Here is the current and correct care info. Follow the advice in this sheet, and they should start to grow and thrive.
thankyou