How are my temperatures

Babysmallz93

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
I have a 5.5" Hermanns and I was just wondering if my temperatures are correct for his enclosure.
Warm side: 78°+
Cool side: 70-73°
Night: 69-71°
Basking: 100°
Thanks 🙂

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The whole enclosure for day time should be range 75-80 with the basking 95-100.
Night temps are fine.
Too cold during the day may make them not want to eat or roam.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
They aren’t too bad at all, basking spot sounds good, I’d probably try and raise the ambient temperature just a little bit during the day, so the cooler side is at least 75, perhaps you could use a CHE(ceramic heat emitter) to do this if you don’t have one already. Though if he seems active, using all parts of his enclosure, temps might be fine as is, what kind of monitoring do you have measuring your temps?🙂

Don’t suppose we could get a photo of your full set up? Along with one of your tortoise? It’s lovely to see with new members🐢💚

Babysmallz93

North Carolina
They aren’t too bad at all, basking spot sounds good, I’d probably try and raise the ambient temperature just a little bit during the day, so the cooler side is at least 75, perhaps you could use a CHE(ceramic heat emitter) to do this if you don’t have one already. Though if he seems active, using all parts of his enclosure, temps might be fine as is, what kind of monitoring do you have measuring your temps?🙂

Don’t suppose we could get a photo of your full set up? Along with one of your tortoise? It’s lovely to see with new members🐢💚
Alrighty. Thank you. I do have a CHE that I will use. From what I've seen he is a very active, happy little guy. He eats a lot as well. I have a thermopro and a temp gun. I am currently building him a proper enclosure. The one that was given away with him was less than satisfactory. I received him a few days ago from somebody who wasn't able to give him everything that this little sweetie deserves. He is a pic of him getting some sunshine and fresh air. 1000012393.jpg

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be sure to build a closed chamber. He needs high humidity to keep growing smooth.
He's a cutie for sure.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Alrighty. Thank you. I do have a CHE that I will use. From what I've seen he is a very active, happy little guy. He eats a lot as well. I have a thermopro and a temp gun. I am currently building him a proper enclosure. The one that was given away with him was less than satisfactory. I received him a few days ago from somebody who wasn't able to give him everything that this little sweetie deserves. He is a pic of him getting some sunshine and fresh air. View attachment 379430
Aw wonderful! So glad you’ve taken him in🐢💚

Feel free to check out this thread I made, you can use it to make sure you have the correct bulbs, levels etc😊

This one is also good to go over so you can avoid hazardous materials n such🙂

You have yourself a cutie there!🐢💚

Babysmallz93

North Carolina
Aw wonderful! So glad you’ve taken him in🐢💚

Feel free to check out this thread I made, you can use it to make sure you have the correct bulbs, levels etc😊

This one is also good to go over so you can avoid hazardous materials n such🙂

You have yourself a cutie there!🐢💚
Thank you. I appreciate it. I will go over those. Awwe thanks. He just melts my heart!🐢😍

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK