Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Tom said:
5. Two of my bosses met with Alex Pacheco and Ingrid Newkirk for a social occasion. They literally laughed at the "idiots" that send in money after they distribute their gut-wrenching pamphlets. They laugh from the comfort of their BMW's and Mercedes Benz's or their million dollar homes that good intentioned people like YOU bought for them. I find this despicable. Don't you. These people claim to help animals, but instead kill them. They take money from people who love animals and want to help them, and instead buy fancy cars and homes. Then they literally laugh with contempt at the people who gave them the money.

Wow, reminds me of the Reverend Moon, or those Mega-Churches that people give their hard-earned money to. The donors think they're doing something good, when really the demagogic leaders are laughing all the way to the bank.

They won't be laughing with my money in hand anymore. And if the HSUS is like what Kristina said, they won't get it either. Any more I need to take off the list? How about the World Wild Life Fund? Theres another one I can't think of the name, it's out of New York I think. Darn it my memory sucks.:p Anyway I will be saving some money this year. Well okay, maybe not. My local shelters will get more:D

Blademr2

5 Year Member
Vancouver, wa
I have had issue with peta for a long time.. they did a campaign handing out pamphlets showing rabbits being skinned to grade school children. Anyone who thinks that is ok has serious issues. HSUS is not as bad, but none of your donations help animals in any way.. if you have cash to donate, always do it locally!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just for everyone's general information, I run into this frequently because I work with animals in public as a job. A lot of people in "Hollywood" love animals and want to do the right thing. The people who run PETA and the HSUS are not stupid. They know how to play upon emotions. They know what to say and what to show people to get them to open up their wallets. For example, PETA would show up when the circus arrived in town with their video cameras. Momentarily, they would shut off their cameras and set off some firecrackers and M-80s near the disembarking elephants. Then they would un-pause their cameras and video the elephant trainers "abusing" their unhappy elephants with bullhooks. PETA intentionally sent the animals into a panic so they could video humans trying to keep a 10,000 pound animal under control. To combat this tactic, the circus people now hire a video crew to video the public whenever they are out in the world.

If you have a pet, any pet, or ever plan to have a pet, PETA, the HSUS and any other "animal rights" organization is your enemy. They disapprove of your pet-keeping lifestyle and they use the money they receive as donations from people with good intentions to abolish pet-keeping and anything else they deem "exploitative" of animals. As I pointed out above, they also live high on the hog with the money people donate to their "non-profit" organizations.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
There is so much coruption in charities. I just give to those I know of personally. There are plenty if you look. If you are looking to help animals, there is probably a rescue on the forum or in your town that need money. Sorry for typos I am not wearing glasses.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
PETA has some "comic books" written especially for kids. YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS :anti fishing and YOUR MOMMY KILLS ANIMALS :anti fur. For them, the end justifies the means.

Blademr2

5 Year Member
Vancouver, wa
Thats the ones i think. They are not just drawn tho. They are quite graffic for most adults, let alone young children.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
yagyujubei said:
PETA has some "comic books" written especially for kids. YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS :anti fishing and YOUR MOMMY KILLS ANIMALS :anti fur. For them, the end justifies the means.

I had no idea...

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Kristina said:
I did a research paper on PETA for a college course during my vet tech. schooling... I'd have to dig for the actual document (it lists sources that are reliable and that I heavily researched) but I will say that this slaughter has been going on for years. There have also been many acts of, well, frankly terrorism by PETA members. The FBI considers them a terrorist organization.

One thing to understand about PETA - their idea of animal rights is that no one should keep animals as pets. That is the reason that they destroy all these animals rather than adopt them out. They literally want to obliterate pet ownership. They can't do that if they place their "rescues" into homes.

I am all for support animal rights, but I believe that it should be done on local levels. Donate money, food, toys, etc. to LOCAL shelters. That way you know that your contributions go to actually help animals, and not to pay for advertising, ridiculous executive salaries and MORE fund raising. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is another organization that is really nothing but a money grubbing conglomerate that does nothing to support local shelters, and actually doesn't even HAVE a shelter!

Well said, I agree completely.
In addition, PETA has enlisted a number of high profile--although not too highly educated--celebrities to campaign for them and this leads to casual observers being mislead by the PETA Propaganda. In my experience PETA supporters are often very aggressive agitators who forcefully make the claim that they are animal 'saviors' and they use this line to justify their zealotry.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
PETA-Yourdaddykillsanimals.jpg

petacomicbook-thumb-300x460.jpg

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I've never seen those comic books before...at first I started laughing, but the detail the artists took to demonize the mother and father is terrible! What a bunch of yahoos. Thanks for bringing families closer together, PETA.

cljohnson

5 Year Member
If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Just a thought.....It seems some animals are happy to be kept as pets, but some don't seem happy in captivity.
No I am not pro PETA or a vegan, but I think Americans eat too much meat. Just thought I would throw that out there, I am kind of a health nut.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
cljohnson said:
If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

... or given us canine teeth. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Angi said:
Just a thought.....It seems some animals are happy to be kept as pets, but some don't seem happy in captivity.
No I am not pro PETA or a vegan, but I think Americans eat too much meat. Just thought I would throw that out there, I am kind of a health nut.
But shouldn't the decision to not eat meat, come from personal choice and not force?

Status
Not open for further replies.