EJ and pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
nearpass said:
I feel somewhat like I'm butting in here :cool: but has anyone read Naturalistic Keeping and Breeding of Hermann's Tortoises by Wolfgang Wegehaupt? He has done some pretty extensive observation of Mediterranean tortoises in the wild, and feels that hydration is extremely important, more so than humidity (which primarily helps mitigate dehydration). He documents bumpy tortoises in the wild and indicates they are primarily from areas with almost no available drinking water. In bold, on page 253, he says, "Monitor the water intake of your animals and do not hesitate to intervene if you notice juveniles that drink too little or even not at all." I'm really just briefly mentioning this here, as I highly recommend the book to anyone keeping a tortoise, especially the Mediterranean ones, not to mention it has some great photos to illustrate some of his points.

Any suggestions on the best place to buy this book? Nevermind, I had the spelling wrong first. I have found it on Amazon!

nearpass

10 Year Member!
He's self published the book. Here's the web site...it's worthwhile just reading here..lots of good information for any med. tortoise/hermanni keeper. If you follow the links for the book, you'll get to the order page, some of which is in German, but you should be able to figure it out. It has a paypal payment option, which is what I did, and I got the book in about 3 weeks. I haven't found any direct way to just buy it here in the US.

http://www.testudo-farm.de/html/en_home.html

bettinge said:
nearpass said:
I feel somewhat like I'm butting in here :cool: but has anyone read Naturalistic Keeping and Breeding of Hermann's Tortoises by Wolfgang Wegehaupt? He has done some pretty extensive observation of Mediterranean tortoises in the wild, and feels that hydration is extremely important, more so than humidity (which primarily helps mitigate dehydration). He documents bumpy tortoises in the wild and indicates they are primarily from areas with almost no available drinking water. In bold, on page 253, he says, "Monitor the water intake of your animals and do not hesitate to intervene if you notice juveniles that drink too little or even not at all." I'm really just briefly mentioning this here, as I highly recommend the book to anyone keeping a tortoise, especially the Mediterranean ones, not to mention it has some great photos to illustrate some of his points.

Any suggestions on the best place to buy this book?

Wow, very cool and good on you...wasn't available there when I was looking for it!

bettinge said:
nearpass said:

Any suggestions on the best place to buy this book? Nevermind, I had the spelling wrong first. I have found it on Amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.