I'm an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
I post this here, as I know I'm not the only idiot here.

I definitely need to start a twelve step program.

Why? You ask?? Because I just bought another Sulcata....a baby...from Tom..yes, our beloved Tom.
My neighbor, who's wanted a Sulcata for years, and has done the research and is prepared, was just diagnosed with a complex seizure disorder. She's been the dream neighbor, and I decided to buy her a hatchling to be her companion and a distraction. It's a surprise. Her hubby is busy today secretly preparing.

Well, long story short, I asked tom to send not one, but TWO babies. I already have an adult rescue Sulcata...the infamous Mo with the badly injured beak found wandering the streets. I'm clinically insane for requiring TWO huge, hole digging, furniture bashing, ankle busting tortoises!!! But yet, that sounds like paradise!!!

Well, next year I will be living on a horse farm, so I will have plenty of tortoise pens for all....including my future Aldabra that I have to own before my head explodes.

So, I have two Basenjis
One Greek
One Hermanni
one adult Sulcata
....and two babies coming next week!!

It's a good thing I'm single!!!!! Hahahah

I will house them both until the neighbor has a suitable chamber up and running. Should be quick, as hubby is beyond excited. He's tried to steal Mo several times. They are die hard Sulcata fans and deserve one, finally.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think your an idiot at all. I think you are one fantastic neighbor. A smart one too. You bought from one of the best. As far as being single, well this could help keep you that way:p :D. Just kidding. :D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
That is sweet of you. And it's great that they actually want one so this surprise is a great thing!

:)

Sent from my TFOapp

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Heck your my hero ...a darn chopper pilot!!!!!

HOW Cool is that?:)

sopo

5 Year Member
So Central OK
Awesome, what a blessing for your neighbor. Remember your camera so you can capture her expression when she finds out. :)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
wellington said:
I don't think your an idiot at all. I think you are one fantastic neighbor. A smart one too. You bought from one of the best. As far as being single, well this could help keep you that way:p :D. Just kidding. :D

HAHAHAHA

Well, I do have a long-term boyfriend, but he's stuck working in Kansas and no jobs to come back home. In the meantime, I'm filling the house with tortoises. LOL
Thankfully he LOVES them and is doing an excellent job of studying them all. I quiz him, and he actually knows his stuff!!!!! He's like me, likes the big ones.

He's an airline pilot. Know anyone in the industry that does the hiring? I need him back in the majors and home soon. It's been a year. I like my space, but geeeeeeeeez.

Thank you ALL for the kind words. I feel crazy, but I'm happy!!!

N2TORTS said:
Heck your my hero ...a darn chopper pilot!!!!!

HOW Cool is that?:)

I think it's pretty bad a$$ myself. giggle.

Plus super fun. ImageUploadedByTortForum1381093408.181913.jpg

That's me in the left seat. I'm preflighting, boyfriend is in right seat, I was instructing him that day. We're departing PDX. He's got something like 10,000 hrs, mostly 747. He got bitten by the helicopter bug as well. It's an expensive bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
This all sounds great, helping neighbor, awesome torts from Tom, and a supportive man. I don't see any problems ;-)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
pugsandkids said:
This all sounds great, helping neighbor, awesome torts from Tom, and a supportive man. I don't see any problems ;-)

I shall deem you "The Enabler".

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
SenjiSandy said:
pugsandkids said:

I shall deem you "The Enabler".

Hahaha! Yes, I can rationalize anything!

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
man, sounds like youre set..as soon as you get your man back home anyways. haha. and i applaud you, if i were to be surprised with a tortoise species i LOVE i would probably drop dead from excitement/happiness.

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pit/American Bulldog

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Idiot, I think NOT! Crazed Fun Fanatic, uhhhh could be, highly probable! Good for you!!! And your wonderful neighbors too!

Status
Not open for further replies.