In ground hatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
These little guys were roaming around in one of the empty red foot pens in the greenhouse this morning. Sacs all sucked up and ready to go. The nest was overlooked from last winter. I had found another nest in the same pen a few months ago but some were broken. Those have yet to hatch still.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Love finding those feral babies. They always end up being slightly smaller than the incubator ones. But they catch up in no time to their counterparts.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
I found some hatchlings the other day trying to cross the road. I was able to scoop up 8 little snapping turtles but unfortunately the rest met their end on busy four lane highway :(

I don't know how the mom made it across to lay the eggs? But I moved them to the swap they were heading to.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
WOWOWOW.... amazing ... ya know Kelly thats one thing I have never done ....and wondering one day if it will ever happen here at the Cove' .... Very cool my friend!
:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It is exciting and a good way to start a day. However it was a very sad day though this morning after finding these guys I found my only female Chaco had expired. I'm really bummed about it. Very sad. Took forever to find my male a female. With death comes life I suppose.

Also JD. I'm sure it will work great where your at. I've never left them outside. But they do really well when left in the greenhouse. Should be seeing some yellows walk around too. Also some leopards in another pen. Fingers crossed.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Wow, those carapace colors are really striking! Hope their heads & legs follow suite.

Very sorry to hear about your female Chaco...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks Chris. The one on the right has yellow head and left has a red head. Interesting variety of Guyana clutch mates for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.