TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hi Sheldon's Mom:

Welcome to the forum!!!

You've come to the right place for information. We'll be happy to share. Just take a look throughout the sulcata section, and ask any questions that might come up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Laldra said:
Hi,

I'm new. I have a Russian tortoise, and a white lipped mud turtle. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and work at the Animal Rescue League of Iowa. www.arl-iowa.org
Also have a reptile rescue here if you want to look
http://www.iowareptilerescue.com/

Hi Laldra:

Welcome to the forum!!

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri

Hello! I am not a tortoise owner yet, I am however looking at bringing home a golden greek tortoise. I currently have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a ball python and a betta fish. My friends joke that I will have to start charging admission for visitors!

I have done lots of research on pet tortoises and have decided that a golden greek is the one for me. I am now looking for a breeder and looking to absorb as much info as possible! I am considering a turtle table for the indoor habitat and will buy a small outdoor habitat (turtleshack.com) for when it's smaller & will have an outdoor habitat built in the back yard this fall so it will be ready with plants for next spring. I am very excited & hope to learn lots here! Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Zoogrl:

Welcome to the forum!!

Have a look around the forum and if you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to steer you in the right direction.

patrickstar

5 Year Member

Josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

Hi I'm patrickstar, as you can figure out I have an indian star 4 months old, and another indian star 3 years old indystar. Both are very happy healthy tortoises,I have pictures on my phone here, but I don't know how to put them into the forum. Does anyone know where I can get some baytril to keep on hand incase one gets sick. I don't have a vet, never needed one. Ok thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Patrickstar:

Welcome to the forum!!

Baytril is an antibiotic that you need a prescription to buy. If you know a vet (of any kind), they can order it for you.

sparky

5 Year Member

Hi everyone i have a 4 year old marginated Tortoise i live in Cornwall in the uk. i have looked around on the site and it looks great

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Sparky:

We welcome you to the forum!! We have many U.K. members here, and while most of our answers do pertain to tort keeping in the U.S. we really do try to address all areas.

rockerdien

5 Year Member

Hi all,

I am from Viet Nam, I have 2 Leopard, 1 Indian Star, 1 Sulcata and 1 Radiated. They are all less than 4 year old.
Hope to study experiences from all.

Thanks

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

rockerdien said:
Hi all,

I am from Viet Nam, I have 2 Leopard, 1 Indian Star, 1 Sulcata and 1 Radiated. They are all less than 4 year old.
Hope to study experiences from all.

Thanks
Interesting group you have there. :) Welcome!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Rockerdien:

Welcome to the forum!!

terry7888

5 Year Member

hi, im terry from malaysia. i have 5 Geochelone elegans( star tortoise), 2 Geochelone Sulcata,1 Geochelone Pardalis,1 Astrochelys radiata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

terry7888 said:
hi, im terry from malaysia. i have 5 Geochelone elegans( star tortoise), 2 Geochelone Sulcata,1 Geochelone Pardalis,1 Astrochelys radiata.

Hi Terry:

Welcome to the forum!!

Chrissy

5 Year Member

Hello new friends! I have a 2 year old female russian that was donated to my classroom this spring. I instantly fell in love and took her home each weekend and now for the summer. She has quite the sassy personality. I happened on this site today and signed right up~ Thanks for being here!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Chrissy said:
Hello new friends! I have a 2 year old female russian that was donated to my classroom this spring. I instantly fell in love and took her home each weekend and now for the summer. She has quite the sassy personality. I happened on this site today and signed right up~ Thanks for being here!

Hi Chrissy:

Welcome to the forum!! Lots of good info here on the forum about Russian tortoises.

weblizard

10 Year Member!

Hello!

I've kept torts throughout my life- my first were gopher tortoises bought in 1970, before they were protected. It's much easier to find care information these days!
Currently I have one tort- a good-sized sulcata given to me ~15 years ago. Well, he was a baby when given to me, and named Gwendolyn- tossed the dice for gender, guessed wrong!:D
Anyway, found this site while looking for the answer to a diet question- is Japanese Knotweed (Fallopia japonica or Polygonum cuspidatum) safe for sulcatas? It's a tenacious invasive, and I am loath to resort to toxic solutions (used none so far).
I think roughly 30 lbs. of tortoise might be a match for this annoying weed, and cut down on the grocery bill! I haven't found any reference to this plant- does anyone know?
I'll post this over in the correct forum, too- thanks in advance for any help!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Weblizard:

Welcome to the forum!!

Megpie

5 Year Member

Hi my name is Meg and I live in the south bay in southern California. I recently adopted three baby (aprox 1 year old) California desert tortoises. I'm excited I found a place with people who care as much about tortoises/ turtles as I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.