TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Durgesh Nandini said:
Hello,
How do I start a new discussion. I need to ask people about any good vet in Delhi India. My tortoise is in a bad condition.

Hi Durgesh Nandini:

Go to the home page and look for the subject that you want to talk about. click on that subject. Then just below the upper right hand corner you will see "new thread" Click on that and it brings you to a window where you can ask your question. Sorry to hear about your tortoise...but WELCOME to the forum!!!

Treebon said:
Hello everyone I figured I would properly introduce myself on here since I did not see this thread earlier. My name is Nick and I just bought a new Russian Tortoise 3 days ago after researching how to take care of one for about a month.

Hi Nick:

Welcome to the forum!!

Treebon

5 Year Member
Boston

I added a photobucket link of him laying under his basking light. It looks to me like his shell is just fine, but you guys would know better than I would. I want to take some more pictures but I am trying to leave him alone for now since he is a new arrival.

My tort

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA

Hello all! My name is Jenni and I'm a Cali girl. My family and I currently have 2 Russian tortoises, 4 RES, numerous fish, crawfish, and 2 cats. We are absolutely in love with our 2 Russians and will be soon expanding our family to include a Sulcata. Sulcatas completely fascinate me and I can hardly wait to get one. I have done much research and have spent days looking around at all the different forums here and on other sites and I have to say, this is the only one I joined because everyone is so generous with sharing their knowledge and advice. I can't wait to get to know y'all. Blessings to you and your torts!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Welcome Jenni!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Jenni:

Please make a new spot for your sulcata. Its not good to put the Russian and the sulcata in the same pen. (for many reasons, but if you do a search, we've talked about it a lot on the forum - "mixing species")

Welcome to the forum!!

W

Wallace2010

Cool...Hey guys.I am new here.Nice to meet you all guys.Hope to have fun with you here.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA

emysemys said:
Hi Jenni:

Please make a new spot for your sulcata. Its not good to put the Russian and the sulcata in the same pen. (for many reasons, but if you do a search, we've talked about it a lot on the forum - "mixing species")

Welcome to the forum!!
I would never put a Sulcata in the same pen as a Russian. I'm not quite sure where that came from or if it was just helpful advice. Anyhow, thank you for the welcome.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

jensgotfaith said:
Hello all! My name is Jenni and I'm a Cali girl. My family and I currently have 2 Russian tortoises, 4 RES, numerous fish, crawfish, and 2 cats. We are absolutely in love with our 2 Russians and will be soon expanding our family to include a Sulcata. Sulcatas completely fascinate me and I can hardly wait to get one. I have done much research and have spent days looking around at all the different forums here and on other sites and I have to say, this is the only one I joined because everyone is so generous with sharing their knowledge and advice. I can't wait to get to know y'all. Blessings to you and your torts!

Welcome to the forum. Where in CA are you? Sulcatas are great. My favorite species. They are a handful when they get big. Well actually more like 4 handfuls.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA

H
Tom said:
jensgotfaith said:

Welcome to the forum. Where in CA are you? Sulcatas are great. My favorite species. They are a handful when they get big. Well actually more like 4 handfuls.
Thanks Tom, I live near Sacramento. Wow 4 handfuls, huh? That's pretty impressive! Where do you live? How much land do you have for your sullies? How old are they?

KHart507

5 Year Member
Apache Junction, AZ

Hello

My name is Karen and I live in Arizona.
I have 2 Desert Tortoises, Frank ( 2 yrs old) and Aleira ( 3 yrs old). I never thought tortoises would be such a joy to have around. I work the night shift and Frank meets me every morning for breakfast. I look forward to sharing information with all my new friends. Thank you for being there.:)

Ellie_RT

5 Year Member

Hi :)
I have a russian tortoise called Tory :) I have just bought him a tortoise table as Tory has been living in a vivarium since christmas but I have heard that a open table top is better for them so hopefully that will arrive soon :)
If i show you some pictures could you tell me if Tory is healthy or not because im worried that his shell is a bit bumpy :s
Thank you :)

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA

Welcome, welcome, welcome! You'll find some great people in these forums with a huge amount of knowledge.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Wallace2010 said:
Cool...Hey guys.I am new here.Nice to meet you all guys.Hope to have fun with you here.

Sorry, Wallace...no spamming allowed!!! You'll get no welcome from us here on the forum.

KHart507 said:
Hello

My name is Karen and I live in Arizona.
I have 2 Desert Tortoises, Frank ( 2 yrs old) and Aleira ( 3 yrs old). I never thought tortoises would be such a joy to have around. I work the night shift and Frank meets me every morning for breakfast. I look forward to sharing information with all my new friends. Thank you for being there.:)

Hi Karen: Arizona is a great place to have tortoises. Welcome to the forum!!

Ellie_RT said:
Hi :)
I have a russian tortoise called Tory :) I have just bought him a tortoise table as Tory has been living in a vivarium since christmas but I have heard that a open table top is better for them so hopefully that will arrive soon :)
If i show you some pictures could you tell me if Tory is healthy or not because im worried that his shell is a bit bumpy :s
Thank you :)

Hi Ellie_RT:

Welcome to the forum!! Its best if you put your pictures up in the section about your tortoise. Not too many folks will see them here in "introductions."

jcreedon

5 Year Member

Hi,
My name is Jennifer and we have a 7 year old Sulcata Tortoise named Mr. Rogers. I am new to this site and have recently discovered it. Jen

RussianTort

5 Year Member

Hey everyone, the Tsar (Czar or ceasar, it all means the same) and I live in Massachusetts. As you can guess he is a Russian tort, and HE is a male. My name is Alexander and I am new to owning torts, so I am on this blog in order to get help and praise for the good I am doing. I am a builder so I have been working on some pretty elaborate pens for The Tsar.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

jcreedon said:
Hi,
My name is Jennifer and we have a 7 year old Sulcata Tortoise named Mr. Rogers. I am new to this site and have recently discovered it. Jen

Hi Jennifer:

Welcome to the forum!! Sulcatas are great tortoises. Can't wait to see your pictures and share your stories.

RussianTort said:
Hey everyone, the Tsar (Czar or ceasar, it all means the same) and I live in Massachusetts. As you can guess he is a Russian tort, and HE is a male. My name is Alexander and I am new to owning torts, so I am on this blog in order to get help and praise for the good I am doing. I am a builder so I have been working on some pretty elaborate pens for The Tsar.

Hi Alexander:

Welcome to the forum!! Wow, a genuine "builder". I'll bet your habitats are great to see. We'd all love for you to share pictures of your "elaborate" pens with us. Maybe we all can get some good ideas from you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

jcreedon said:
Hi,

Hello and welcome. Won't you be my neighbor?

Would you be my... could you be my...

Shelldnsmom

5 Year Member

Thank you. I found this site by accident while looking for some answers about what my tortoise can eat. I have an african sulcata which I have had for about 3 years. I don't know how old she was when I got her, but she has grown a lot. I am hoping I can find more answers on what to feed her as I would like to give her more of a variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.