Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
RE: Welcome to Tortoise Forum .org !

bajajackie said:
Hi! I have one desert tortoise named Ally who I've raised since she was a hatchling. I used to have another one named T-Rex, but she ran away. :( Ally is a little over three years old now.

Sorta a belated welcome to the group here, but I did want to welcome you. Sorry you lost one, but glad to hear you have Ally.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hi Ed! Nice to have you joining us. You have the wonderful ability to add a new element into any group you belong to. That was meant as a positive. You say what you think and get some good talks going.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia

I got a good chuckle out of this post. I've never seen it put quite that way.

Are you Jacqui in the US or Jacqui in the UK?

Jacqui said:
Hi Ed! Nice to have you joining us. You have the wonderful ability to add a new element into any group you belong to. That was meant as a positive. You say what you think and get some good talks going.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

-EJ said:
I got a good chuckle out of this post. I've never seen it put quite that way.

Are you Jacqui in the US or Jacqui in the UK?

WHAT there are two of us??!!! And the world is still spinning? :D

US...actually from Nebraska, the state known for being a hive of turtle/tortoise breeding/keeping...lol.

Glad I caused you to have a chuckle, we all need more of those in our lives. Have often enjoyed posts and entire threads you had hopping on Shelled Warriors and your own site also. You like to stir the waters and cause us all to think and often react..lol.

johnnynightmares

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

[/color][/size][/font][size=large]Hi , I'm Johnnynightmares.
I have 2 leopard's both about 3and half years old . Did have three till recently one died suddenly for no apparent reason apart from being smaller than others. Not sure what sex they are and woould like some advice on that matter. i can post some pics and would really welcome some advice.:rolleyes::shy:
josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder. Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and hope to someday have enough space to properly care for one.

Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

p.s. nice to meet ya!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

Welcome Johnnynightmares! Post pics of your guys and you will get some advice I am sure. Can't wait to see them!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Nice to have you joining us Johnnynightmares!

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

bevak said:
Hi I have 2 leopards 1.2 and 3 russians 1.2
live in Alaska

Welcome. My brother lives in Palmer & my Dad lived in Anchorage til '85 when he died in a mid-air plane crash. Went to visit my brother July '06.Had been there as a kid for the summer with my family...9 of us with tent & sleeping bags,etc.Hadn't seen my brother since '72. It is sooo beautiful up there. If my body could stand it I would sure move up there. I'm afraid "Arthur" would scream at me a lot harder than now!
How old are your torts? Bet they don't get much outside time up there!!
Patsy

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

jenrell23 said:
hangten said:
Hi everyone, I live in Long Beach. I currently have 3 baby leopard tortoises. They're all about a year old named PeeWee, Cheech, and Chong. I also have one desert tortoise named Herbie and he's trying to destroy my yard. Not sure how old he is. Still trying to convince my husband we need more. This forum is great. Hope it takes off.

Hello, and welcome. Good luck on convincing the hubby mine keeps trying to get rid of mine with no luck of course. I just bring them home and if my kiddos don't say anything he will never know. I know that probabley sounds bad but my hubby does not think anyone in AZ should have pets??

Welcome
Jen...I had to chuckle. You sound like me! I sneak my new critters in too. I figured out a few years ago if I discuss it with him ahead of time he always says no. If I don't ask he can't say no, right? I try to plan my purchases/adoptions when he is on the road. Sometimes it is months before he realizes I have somebody new. Then he will always say "I thought you weren't getting anymore animals". I usually don't say anything.He sulks awhile and we are back to normal again!
Patsy

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

barbie69 said:
Crazy1 said:
welcome Ann. When are you looking at graduating?
I am a psych nursing and have been able to take a few of my pets to work for some therapy sessions. Interesting how pateints interact with animals and how much they can change or open up with animals. I would like to continue my education and add animal behavioralist to my list of things to do and become. Love watching my torts and trying to figure out why they do the things they do. I too am glad you found us.

Thank you!:D
I have two quarters left after this quarter, that puts my graduation in June 2008. Not too long now, seems like it has taken forever!...but well worth it!;) I do my psych quarter next quarter, I am still not 100% sure what I want to do once I am done. I have always loved babies and children and I am in peds this quarter and having a great time. I always think about the kids with allergies who can't have furry pets and how wonderful it would be to educate them and theri parents about the benefits of having a pet, even if it is a pet without fur. My snakes and torts relax me as much as my puppies do.
That is so cool you are able to take your pets in to help!! I cannot wait to do that! I have a little chihuahua (Oliver Francis) who I planned on being my main therapy pet. He is a cuddler and I love it. It is like having a baby that never grows up and that you are legally allowed to cage. haha
Here is a pic of him when he was a pup playing with my husky (Sadie)..
puppy02.jpg

:cool:Thank you all for the warm welcome!:cool:

Cute picture. How old is your Chi now? How big will he get? I am a Chi lover, as well as tort & lizard lover. I have 7 Chi's..smallest will be a year Feb 15 & weighs 1lb 9oz. She is a trip. I have 2 that are 2 lb, 2 are 3lb, 1 is 4lb & biggest is 5lb.The 4 lb one has 3 legs. Adopted her from vet hospital cause owner didn't want to pay the bill after she somehow got 2 broken legs. They are all my babies! 4 sleep with me. All but 1 would make good dogs for a program like yours.
Patsy

braincandy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello everyone

Hello everyone my name is Adam and I have a year old desert tortoise named Tengo.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

Welcome Adam and Tengo! We love pictures!

cazcaz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

hi my name is carol i have 2 herman tortoises 1 female aged 8 called charlie.1 male aged 5 called chip.my female charlie is very loveing but my male chip isent he dosent like to be handled at all loveing this site got lots of things to ask so you will be seeing me alot haha,

Attachments

• DSC00094.JPG
    DSC00094.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 12

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

carol, welcome to the forum. I love the light rear colors of your first one in the pic. And we will be waiting to hear more for you and see more pics.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Hello and welcome carol!!! beautiful torts, can't wait to see more pictures..

krullkeeper

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi, my name is Cindy and I live in Salem Oregon with 1 western painted, 2 african sideneck, 1 stink pot muck, and three res turtles. I have one baby leopard that is approximately 2".

The problem I am having is with Toy-the baby leopard and I hope someone can help me with this. She is very picky and turns her nose up at everything that is supposed to be good for her. Currently she is eating red leaf lettuce, butter lettuce and romaine lettuce. I manage to slip in a little of the moistened pellet food sometimes and sometimes I can get her to eat some dandelion greens but she mostly wants the lettuce. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? (Her habitat is pretty much testbook with the lights, basking, water dish, etc. ) She has been to the vet and was judged healthy and I want her to stay that way.

Any help or advise anyone can give will bo so appreciated

Abaqus

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hello-
I am Abaqus from Missouri and I have 3 hatchlings - 2 Greek and 1 Marginated.

I am glad to find a new forum as I have been unable to use one for awhile since another reformated their site and bans people who connect in a certain way.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

Welcome Abaqus & Cindy! Glad you found us!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Cindy and Abaqus welcome to the Forum. Lots of great folk here And we love Pics.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
was: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org ! Now: my baby leo won't eat right

krullkeeper said:
I have one baby leopard that is approximately 2".
Currently she is eating red leaf lettuce, butter lettuce and romaine lettuce. I manage to slip in a little of the moistened pellet food sometimes and sometimes I can get her to eat some dandelion greens but she mostly wants the lettuce.

Any help or advise anyone can give will bo so appreciated

They are very smart, in that they will hold out for their favorite foods. I suggest you buy a bag of Spring Mix. This is sold in the produce section of the grocery store. It contains very young leaves of such plants as endive, escarole, raddiccio, and other palatable greens.

One trick to get them to eat right is to feed them what they will eat and chop up the stuff that's good for them into very small pieces. Incorporate the good stuff into what they do eat in small portions. Every time you feed him put less of the old stuff and more of the good stuff and eventually you wean him onto eating right.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.