UVB

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Okay thanks!! does the calcium powder needs to have d3 too? or should i just buy the cuttlefish bone powder without d3?? because My pellets already have d3
It doesn't matter. It's fine if it has it, and it's fine if it doesn't. The small amount of D3 in calcium supplements, coupled with the small amount you will be using only twice a week is not enough to overdose them if they don't need it. So it won't hurt the tortoise and it may help if the tortoise is deficient.

In your climate with a good diet, you don't need pellets, calcium or D3. Lots of weeds, leaves and grasses, along with warm sunshine will get the job done well. The calcium supplements, with or without D3, is just to ensure that the tortoise is always getting enough as it grows, but these needs can be met with a good diet and frequent regular sunshine too. Calcium supplementation becomes more important for people who have growing babies that live in cold climates where the tortoise is indoors and eating mostly grocery store produce for many months of every year. In Jakarta, you have warm weather, good humidity, sunshine, and plenty of green natural food all around you all year long.

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
It doesn't matter. It's fine if it has it, and it's fine if it doesn't. The small amount of D3 in calcium supplements, coupled with the small amount you will be using only twice a week is not enough to overdose them if they don't need it. So it won't hurt the tortoise and it may help if the tortoise is deficient.

In your climate with a good diet, you don't need pellets, calcium or D3. Lots of weeds, leaves and grasses, along with warm sunshine will get the job done well. The calcium supplements, with or without D3, is just to ensure that the tortoise is always getting enough as it grows, but these needs can be met with a good diet and frequent regular sunshine too. Calcium supplementation becomes more important for people who have growing babies that live in cold climates where the tortoise is indoors and eating mostly grocery store produce for many months of every year. In Jakarta, you have warm weather, good humidity, sunshine, and plenty of green natural food all around you all year long.
the small amount of d3 composition that u mean is 15% or how much % / IU ?
But if my tortoise rarely get sun, Even with or without d3 in the calcium powder, its still ok ? since the pellets has d3 too. And is it better just to give the cuttlefish bone powder or just original cuttlefish bone (not powder)?
And is there any other supplements/vitamin etc that sulcata need?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
the small amount of d3 composition that u mean is 15% or how much % / IU ?
But if my tortoise rarely get sun, Even with or without d3 in the calcium powder, its still ok ? since the pellets has d3 too. And is it better just to give the cuttlefish bone powder or just original cuttlefish bone (not powder)?
And is there any other supplements/vitamin etc that sulcata need?
I don't know how else to tell you. None of that matters. Any way you want to do it will work and be fine.

Pellets twice a week, but not two days in a row. A pinch of calcium with or without D3 twice a week, but not two days in a row. This will give your tortoise enough of what it needs, but not too much.

And again, its better if you skip the pellets and the calcium supplementation entirely and just feed the tortoise lots of different weeds, leaves, flowers and grass.