UVB

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
so it means, if a baby sulcata doesnt get uv everyday, its still safe? I dont give them any calcium powder or other, i only gave them pellets that have vitamin b2,b6,b12,c, k3, b1, prebiotic,d calcium (<4,2%) and others, Is that fine? Everyday i always gave them pak choi/bok choy or greens in the morning and mix it with the pellets. Or should i just give them pellets 2x in a week?? Because i dont use any calcium powder or supplement. I only use pellets and Hydrobozz
try search “hydrobozz electrolyte & multivitamin for reptiles” on google, its like a supplement for reptiles, but it is only used when you want to soak the tortoise
heres the pictureView attachment 380238View attachment 380239and this is the pellets that i useView attachment 380241
Nobody over here has any experience with those products, so we really can't give specific experience based advice.

In general, pellets are good once or twice a week. The ingredients list on those pellets look okay to me.

Also, in general, a healthy tortoise should not need an electrolyte bath. Just Palin water is good.

Calcium supplementation is good once or twice a week, and not on the pellet days.

Tortoises store D3 in their fat cells and do not need to be exposed to UVB every day. They can go weeks with no sunshine at all, and be totally fine. Using a calcium supplement with D3 in it helps too.