UVB

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
so it means, if a baby sulcata doesnt get uv everyday, its still safe? I dont give them any calcium powder or other, i only gave them pellets that have vitamin b2,b6,b12,c, k3, b1, prebiotic,d calcium (<4,2%) and others, Is that fine? Everyday i always gave them pak choi/bok choy or greens in the morning and mix it with the pellets. Or should i just give them pellets 2x in a week?? Because i dont use any calcium powder or supplement. I only use pellets and Hydrobozz
try search “hydrobozz electrolyte & multivitamin for reptiles” on google, its like a supplement for reptiles, but it is only used when you want to soak the tortoise
heres the pictureView attachment 380238View attachment 380239and this is the pellets that i useView attachment 380241
Nobody over here has any experience with those products, so we really can't give specific experience based advice.

In general, pellets are good once or twice a week. The ingredients list on those pellets look okay to me.

Also, in general, a healthy tortoise should not need an electrolyte bath. Just Palin water is good.

Calcium supplementation is good once or twice a week, and not on the pellet days.

Tortoises store D3 in their fat cells and do not need to be exposed to UVB every day. They can go weeks with no sunshine at all, and be totally fine. Using a calcium supplement with D3 in it helps too.

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
Nobody over here has any experience with those products, so we really can't give specific experience based advice.

In general, pellets are good once or twice a week. The ingredients list on those pellets look okay to me.

Also, in general, a healthy tortoise should not need an electrolyte bath. Just Palin water is good.

Calcium supplementation is good once or twice a week, and not on the pellet days.

Tortoises store D3 in their fat cells and do not need to be exposed to UVB every day. They can go weeks with no sunshine at all, and be totally fine. Using a calcium supplement with D3 in it helps too.
But what if i dont use calcium supplementation?? and if i gave pellets to them everyday, is that ok? 🙏🏻

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
But what if i dont use calcium supplementation?? and if i gave pellets to them everyday, is that ok? 🙏🏻
Get some cheapest plain calcium carbonate tablets from the pharmacy or a cuttlefish bone from the petstore and use it as a calcium supplement. Overdoing with vitamins in pellets is possible so try to stick to the schedule Tom outlined above.

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
Get some cheapest plain calcium carbonate tablets from the pharmacy or a cuttlefish bone from the petstore and use it as a calcium supplement. Overdoing with vitamins in pellets is possible so try to stick to the schedule Tom outlined above.
can u recomend me calcium supplement to buy? and the calcium powder and pellets is only given twice a week, right?

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
can u recomend me calcium supplement to buy? and the calcium powder and pellets is only given twice a week, right?
Pure calcium carbonate powder without D3 and other amendments. Should be available in any pet stores. Or calcium carbonate tables from human pharmacy store - crush them in powder and sprinkle over greens.

Yes, calcium powder and pellets are 1-2 times a week. It depends on what you feed and variety. If you have high-calcium foods available - mulberry or hibiscus leaves, kale or opuntia cactus pads, for example, then 1 time a week will be enough.