It's all Greek to me...

Tim84

I've read the care sheets and have been searching the forum so as not to bore you all with the same old questions, however, I still have several questions I'd like help with please. I've been thrown in at the deep end with tortoise case so just want to make sure I do the best I can!

I've got a T.G. Marokkensis 45 year+ male that's lived outside all its life other than annual hibernation in a box of straw in the garage. I've owned him for a grand total of four days.

Questions:

- temps. are as low as 4'c at night here at the moment, is that going to harm him bearing in mind he's lived outside all his life?

- he's not doing much, presumably as it's very cold, should I be concerned if he doesn't come out all day?

- would a warm bath a day help raise his body temps, or is this a bad idea as he'll then feel colder when I put him back out?

- anyone got experience with birds of prey and adult torts? We have many Red Kites here and I'm concerned they'll mistake him for some road kill!

- how do you feed them cuttle fish; literally just put the whole thing in the enclosure and hope he gets into munching on it?

- he's got a house which is full of hay that he sleeps in; is shredded paper ok for him to sleep in too? Seems denser and warmer to me so thought it a good idea

- what would be a good food to bulk him up a bit and make sure he's not running on empty? Dandelion leaves seem to be all that's tempted him so far (even then I'm not 100% sure he's eaten)

- what might be a good plant try and grow in the enclosure in case he gets the munchies? It needs to be UK proof (and idiot proof)

Thanks,

Tim