Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone!

I hope you're all okay in this weather. I notice in Cold Dark Room you have a leak Angie. Are you okay today? It is pouring here but I'm okay.

I had my dental appointment and all is well apart from some decay under the gum of one tooth. I also had my teeth cleaned and it was a bit painful but to help me cope I thought of Jacky's behaviour last summer when I woke up the morning of a dental appointment to hear bash, bash, bash as someone did 'housework' in their enclosure. I also thought of Zola in his dad's hand watching his mum having a dental checkup.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Sleeping Beauty and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - it has been very bad weather today again - wind blowing the rain almost horizontally. My dad can't do anything much about the leak until it is all a bit dryer,. Then he will have to get on the roof to seal it up somehow - and no, I am not going up there to help him - my mum won't let me !!!
My mum has her next head injections next week - this time two very big ones, which do hurt, but then make her skull feel completely numb, which she says is very weird !
My mum says she would like Jacky to help with the housework in my conservatory - there is usually some newspaper on the floor, in case I create a puddle , but I like to trample and crumple it all up, just for fun !
Lots of love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy and all my friends from Zola xxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Sue are you doing anything special for Steve's birthday and have you heard anymore about the house? Zola how are your parents and when is yours and your dad's birthday? Also when is your mum having those injections?

The weather has been better today and I went to do some shopping in Rayleigh after having the Piano tuned. I had a lovely lunch at Libby's Tea Rooms but I still need to replace my bath bridge which I was hoping to replace before Xmas. I hope you've all had better weather today.

Goodnight everyone

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Happy Birthday Pete!

Did Sherman wish you a happy birthday?

Natrah
Thankyou! He might see Sherman tomorrow.
Been a busy day, Pete was working until lunchtime then we went to clean out the guinea pigs. The rabbit hasnā€™t been well & was sadly put to sleep last friday so now thereā€˜s just 3 hutches with 7 Guinea pigs. I think the lady they belong to has realised things are not improving health wise so there are plans to foster /rehome the Guinea pigs. Her daughter & grandson plan to have one hutch each so I said we would have the other one although I was hoping it would only be to foster but we will have to see how things go.
This evening we went out for a Chinese meal with my sister & her husband. Sunday we go out for lunch with Pete sister & her husband.
At least the puddles have reduced round here although 2 caravan parks have been evacuated. Noticed itā€™s drizzling again as George has just come in & his fur is wet.
No further news on the house but didnā€™t expect any with Xmas holidays.
Looks like Dickie might have some company outside in the spring.ā€¦. Wonā€™t trust George with the Guinea pigs though so theyā€™ll have to be in an enclosure.

Goodnight everyone

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - we had rather better weather today, with actual sunshine in places for a few minutes at a time. I had another rest with my mum by the fire today - she has her next injections on Tuesday - just the two big injections this time,so at least it is over quickly. I will keep an eye on her having them - she pulls a face and often kicks her legs a bit, which is very funny !
My dad's birthday is on 27 January, and I have a half - birthday then too, but my proper birthday is in July, with my mum's.
Lots of love from Zola to you and all my friends xxxxx

LeoTheWaywardTortoise

Platinum Tortoise Club
Maricopa, AZ
Thankyou Amanda and Ernie.

Please can we see a few more photos of Ernie in his enclosure. Also @MenagerieGrl and @LeoTheWaywardTortoise we're still here

Natrah
Belated Happy New Year, everyone! Iā€™m still here, just really busy. Itā€™s been a chilly winter in the Arizona desert, so Leo has been spending nights and much of the day in his indoor enclosure, which he,ds heat and humidity really well but at 9ā€™x3ā€™x2ā€™ is not large enough for him to do more than pace (once heā€˜s up and about). Still havenā€™t been able to get an outdoor heated insulated night box built, but Iā€™ll find someone to build it this summer. Here he is on a spa day from last week. I may not be here as often as Iā€™d like, but I think of you all daily and wish you only the best for 2024. šŸ˜‰šŸ¢ā¤ļø

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    685 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 1

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - this is just to say that we even had some sunshine today, but it was really cold. We hope all is well with you.
Lo ve to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy , and all my friends - especially love to Leo and Amanda - from Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Belated Happy New Year, everyone! Iā€™m still here, just really busy. Itā€™s been a chilly winter in the Arizona desert, so Leo has been spending nights and much of the day in his indoor enclosure, which he,ds heat and humidity really well but at 9ā€™x3ā€™x2ā€™ is not large enough for him to do more than pace (once heā€˜s up and about). Still havenā€™t been able to get an outdoor heated insulated night box built, but Iā€™ll find someone to build it this summer. Here he is on a spa day from last week. I may not be here as often as Iā€™d like, but I think of you all daily and wish you only the best for 2024. šŸ˜‰šŸ¢ā¤ļø
Dear Leo,

It's lovely to see you. How old are you now and how big are you? How much do you weigh now?

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Thankyou! He might see Sherman tomorrow.
Been a busy day, Pete was working until lunchtime then we went to clean out the guinea pigs. The rabbit hasnā€™t been well & was sadly put to sleep last friday so now thereā€˜s just 3 hutches with 7 Guinea pigs. I think the lady they belong to has realised things are not improving health wise so there are plans to foster /rehome the Guinea pigs. Her daughter & grandson plan to have one hutch each so I said we would have the other one although I was hoping it would only be to foster but we will have to see how things go.
This evening we went out for a Chinese meal with my sister & her husband. Sunday we go out for lunch with Pete sister & her husband.
At least the puddles have reduced round here although 2 caravan parks have been evacuated. Noticed itā€™s drizzling again as George has just come in & his fur is wet.
No further news on the house but didnā€™t expect any with Xmas holidays.
Looks like Dickie might have some company outside in the spring.ā€¦. Wonā€™t trust George with the Guinea pigs though so theyā€™ll have to be in an enclosure.

Goodnight everyone
Dear Sue,

It sounds like Pete had a lovely birthday but I am sorry to hear about the rabbit. We had rabbits when I was younger and it is very sad when they die. It's been dry here but very cold and we might have a dusting of snow tomorrow.

Did Pete see Sherman?

Goodnight Sue

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola,

I have made a note of those dates. We had a little bit of sun here but yesterday was very dull! Tomorrow should be brighter but with the possibility of a dusting of snow. My friend from Malaysia who is staying in Manchester can't understand we people have been saying that 10 degrees Celsius is warm but then the coolest Malaysia ever gets is 25 degrees Celsius! I have been in all day today but yesterday I went out for a meal to Tomassi's again. Sue sounds like she's been enjoying culinary delights as well!

It must be very snug on your mum's knee by the fire.

Goodnight Zola, Angie and Richard

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Sue,

It sounds like Pete had a lovely birthday but I am sorry to hear about the rabbit. We had rabbits when I was younger and it is very sad when they die. It's been dry here but very cold and we might have a dusting of snow tomorrow.

Did Pete see Sherman?

Goodnight Sue

No he didnā€™t see Sherman as Pete was working in the wildlife unit again & itā€™s on the other side of the site. He wouldnā€™t have been outside anyway.
We went out today for lunch with his sister & her husband something we do when itā€™s a birthday. Lovely dinner.
They are looking at bungalows for when the house inheritance comes through. Sadly they are considering a move to Norfolk where they go on holiday a lot. Pete sees his sister most weeks so it will be a shame to be so far away.
Itā€™s pretty chilly here too. Still plenty of puddles around. Thinking of moving the Guinea Pigs that we might be having into the lobby at his dadā€™s house where Dickie is at the moment. Itā€™s only temporary until we can sort out our shed to make room for them.
Canā€™t be for long anyway as the house sale might be going through in February. After trying to clean out all the hutches during storm Gerritt & hay sawdust plant pots & me getting blown all over the place I thought itā€™s no joke doing this in all the rain & wind so was pleased that some resolution was on the cards as I didnā€™t want to keep getting soaked or blown around.
When I had rabbits they were in the shed with a run attached so they could go outside if they wanted to. They could have the run of the garden as well but were always shut in their run in the evening. It was still a bit of a job cleaning them out during the winter though. The guineas need to be out of the weather.

Goodnight everyone

LeoTheWaywardTortoise

Platinum Tortoise Club
Maricopa, AZ
Dear Leo,

It's lovely to see you. How old are you now and how big are you? How much do you weigh now?

Natrah
Hi Natrah! I wish I knew how old I am, but when I showed up on Erinā€™s porch back in October, 2021, I was about five inches long and Erin could easily pick me up with one hand. She hasnā€™t measured me in quite a while, but sheā€™d estimate Iā€™m about 15 or 16 inches long and weigh around 23 lbs. I laugh at how hard she struggles to pull me out from under the hawthorn bush, as I can really wedge myself in there and definitely donā€™t make it easy for her to bring me inside. She has ā€œold lady skin,ā€ so she must wear long socks over her arms to prevent her skin from tearing from the branches, LOL. She still wins, but I donā€™t know how much longer sheā€™ll be victorious because Iā€™m definitely growing at a rapid pace.

Leo

MaNaAk

Southend
Hi Natrah! I wish I knew how old I am, but when I showed up on Erinā€™s porch back in October, 2021, I was about five inches long and Erin could easily pick me up with one hand. She hasnā€™t measured me in quite a while, but sheā€™d estimate Iā€™m about 15 or 16 inches long and weigh around 23 lbs. I laugh at how hard she struggles to pull me out from under the hawthorn bush, as I can really wedge myself in there and definitely donā€™t make it easy for her to bring me inside. She has ā€œold lady skin,ā€ so she must wear long socks over her arms to prevent her skin from tearing from the branches, LOL. She still wins, but I donā€™t know how much longer sheā€™ll be victorious because Iā€™m definitely growing at a rapid pace.

Leo
Dear Leo,

You are now three times as big! Anyway I remember having trouble trying to get Daisy out from under the fence when she tried to go next door. Anyway I had to leave her where she was because I was sure that she was digging in! She eventually emerged with a scrape on her shell!

Goodnight Leo

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Below are pictures of snow in front of my flat:

Anyway did anyone else get this? I just want to send best wishes to Angie for tomorrow and I am sure that Zola will look after her. Did you get to see the sea today Zola?

I was pleased to see the pupils and they were pleased to see me and the snow! It's a shame that Pete's sister is thinking of moving but you can look forward to lovely holidays in Norfolk. I remember staying in Cromer as a child and our chalet!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Sleeping Beauty and Angel Daisy IMG20240108124848.jpgIMG20240108122330_01.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member

Leo
Actually, Leo, - there is one thing Erin could do to avoid getting shredded by the bush - it is sort of obvious, but I won't mention it - I don't want to put the idea into her head !
Zola

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Below are pictures of snow in front of my flat:

Anyway did anyone else get this? I just want to send best wishes to Angie for tomorrow and I am sure that Zola will look after her. Did you get to see the sea today Zola?

I was pleased to see the pupils and they were pleased to see me and the snow! It's a shame that Pete's sister is thinking of moving but you can look forward to lovely holidays in Norfolk. I remember staying in Cromer as a child and our chalet!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Sleeping Beauty and Angel Daisy View attachment 364994View attachment 364996
Good morning Angie,

The snow didn't settle but I hope it's okay where you are.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - we haven't had any snow yet,but I believe there is some on Dartmoor. When we went to Tavistock to the hospital,we saw wild primroses, daffodils and snowdrops here and there by the road ! It was very cold though.
I was good in the hospital, and watched my mum carefully - she had a pretty bad headache before the injections (which felt very cold squirting in) but her headache was much better almost immediately ! She was very wobbly, though, and still is.
I didn't get to the sea today, as going to Tavistock took up most of the day,but I expect I shall go tomorrow.
I hope you've had a good day - love to you, Jacky, Angel Daisy, and all my friends from Zola xxxxx

p s -we saw five pheasants by the road today - my mum likes them a lot, and there was one we called Clarence who came to our garden a lot for several years - he was very handsome, and he liked my mum a lot - one day, when a loud sound outside the garden scared him, he flew straight in my mum's arms !!
This is him.
clarence2La.jpg